New forum!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Who are you talking to?

As an aside, looks like indeed the Games Run By CPA Members did not overwhelm General Gaming, as that forum is now a wasteland after a week and a half of being on its own...

U

Ura

As an aside, looks like indeed the Games Run By CPA Members did not overwhelm General Gaming, as that forum is now a wasteland after a week and a half of being on its own...
as is the vaunted "safe" forum for political stuff. ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, but at least Off-Topic, where it came from, still has posts in it...

and it's mainly because arhar or DUke, who usually started such discussions, have not chosen to do so recently...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
And I would have expected this to be a perfect place for him to start posting his political corner thing again. Still, this gives us a place to move potentially hazardous politically-orientated threads to, whenever they turn up...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I think he said why he stopped (even before 9/11), it might have been school or something. Or maybe he couldn't think of anything? I can't remember...

U

Ura

I think he stopped because of the same reasons the political forum was created. Because of all the hostile nastiness that politics can bring up in passionate people. But only he can tell us for sure.
To bad they stopped though, I thought they were a good idea on good subjects.

A

arhar

Originally posted by Spiderman
Ah, but at least Off-Topic, where it came from, still has posts in it...

and it's mainly because arhar or DUke, who usually started such discussions, have not chosen to do so recently...
A whole forum dedicated to my ranting... I'm flattered!! :D :D

Seriously though, good job.

And people are ALWAYS going to whine and complain, no matter what you do :) If you don't make a forum dedicated to politics, they'll complain that off-topic has been flooded with topics about politics, and if you do, they'll complain like they do now :)

Anyway, I haven't been posting much lately because after my truce with Duke, I had nobody to fight with, and I didn't want to post about politics anymore. But I guess I'm going to be posting more now :)

C

Chaos Turtle

Eh, didn't think so.

Nice to see some of my favorite e-people still around. I took a break too.

To those who care: I'm off ICQ, but on MSN-IM and AIM (the latter by appointment only ;)). "chaosturtle@hotmail.com" and "ChaosTurtle" respectively.

M

Multani

I did stop my political corner because of school and lack of material. By the time I was ready to restart it, 9/11 came along, and then, there were all these nasty political flame-fests, and naturally, I decided it wasn't the best time to restart a controversial political post. Of course, now that things have calmed down a bit, I might restart it. Currently, I'm in China, so I have a somewhat lack of material. If there's enough interest, a corner will be up by July. Feel free to PM or e-mail me ideas or topics.

(Still hanging around....lurking...sorta.)

:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Anything interesting happening in China? All I've read lately is that embassy spat/stuff with South Korea... ooo, and an article about how some people are keeping to the nomadic way of life, but they're dwindling.

U

Ura

I hear there are some mass protest / labor strikes happening in the main northern oil producing city.

M

Multani

Nothing big if that's what you mean.
But then again, I haven't kept up with the news here, so I'm not sure.

Everyone else:
I'll put up a thread in this forum so I can judge just how much interest there is. As of now, the corner will be up mid July.