NEW CPA LOGO- As Promised!

T

TeamRegime.com

Lets clarify some things here.

I appreciate the comments and expected the normal tone of "Pro-CPA" No matter what you say!!!- attitude. That was a given.

I did not know what the "old" logo looked liked until about 5 minutes ago when someone posted a link to it and I agree that logo looks great on Black. IF I had known what it looked like i wouldve styled it after that.

The submitted designs however were free-style designs. Freestyle meaning no one gave me direction and I based it on my own experiences I've had here for the past month and a half.

The Happy Go Lucky thing was stretching it a bit and the colors maybe a little to "vibrant"...BUT...Logos are meant to be ICONIC and eye catching. Especially if your try to get the branded logo noticed by the public.

If I had enough time I probably wouldve made a "photoshopped" look much like the original r/b logo..but that involves alot of time. This was simply 3 hours in a day.

Yall are looking JUST a little too much into the logo....I know I asked for your thoughts but jeez....lighten up....and if the site was thinking about selling shirts...why not?

If it's one thing I've learned in the time I've become a member it boils down to 3 things---so far.

1. Members are too prideful and tend to lean towards the veteran bandwagoneers posts. i.e. If a veteran posts something and the poster is KNOWN...most will follow along.

2. Most of the members spend way too much time in front of a computer. And need a comedy relief of some sort...the cynics in here need a vacation.

3. Pretty much anything I post gets shot down like a clay pigeon....why the heck do i come back?? !!!! PULL!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!BLAMMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know why....because regardless of the negative commentary I do not take anything here personal. Yall are just a bunch of freaks who have a voice and like to be heard. (like me)

I voted for number 7.

Nicholas Knight
www.teamregime.com

P.S..

Almindhra----holy sh!t...for a millasecond I thought you made a positive comment.....then I read the ENTIRE sentence....:)

{Please, TV grade swearing only - TomB]

L

Landkiller

hmm, it seems most people like logo 2. So do I. Sweeet!

I would suggest changing it, BUT, the whole look of the webpage kinda goes with the original. So, it would be a process with some complications. Yeah.

D

Duel

*looks around*
Actually, this topic cas occured before, TeamRegime.

Also, I would resent the implication that nobody approves of your posts, only I'm too busy being mildy amused. I hope you're not offended. I realize the logos were made in the spirit of fun, and I approve of that. I also realize that you've never seen the old CPA logo.... which is a pity. One day, all will quake in fear at it's demonic, mindripper-esque implications! Muahahaha! I simply like logos that look, to put it in the most eloquent terms, damn cool. Smooth and sleek, possibly with shiny bits and black as a background. But I always wear black, so I may not be prefectly unbiased.

H

Hawaiian mage

Off topic a bit: I would just like to say it's been 6 months and I still liked the old CPA colors better...

A

Almindhra

HMage...I have to agree...I just love the way it was...*sniff sniff, boo hoo*...(( don't hit me, Ed))...

TRegime...Well I can give credit where credit is due...I use Photoshop and have done some graphics too, and I know how it is to work really hard on them and feel so proud about it...And you did do a good job...But I think someone beat your down with the smiley stick way too many times...

I do have to disagree with you on your first point...Out of everyone who posted, superguy has the least amount of posts with over 200, thats quite a lot isn't it?...

Z

Zadok001

Teamregime:

I don't think the comments made here are antagonistic by nature - When people present a new idea to these forums, it gets discussed. In many cases, it gets blown out of the sky. That's life, it happens. It's not meant to say "Your idea sucks." Some ideas are accepted, some aren't, some split the community so well they turn into flames (Baskil?). Such is life, so it shall be. I personally like our current logo, but as I said, that's just me. I mean nothing personal.

I'd like to add, on a purely technical note, that no active members knows how to change the logo... :)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with most of our group. I think the current logo looks more professional than any of your suggestions, and while I appreciate your effort putting this together I have to admit that I'd rather stick with what we've got now.

Sorry. But thanks anyway. Maybe you should email (or PM) Mike (Ed Sullivan) and see if you guys could get together on a design, instead of trying to do it this way. Any major changes to the site (and this would qualify) would need to go through him anyway, and I think he'd probably be willing to at least consider your ideas.

Originally posted by TeamRegime.com
3. Pretty much anything I post gets shot down like a clay pigeon....why the heck do i come back?? !!!! PULL!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!BLAMMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please don't take everything said here so personally T.R. Even though it doesn't always come out this way, I think most of our people are trying to be constructively critical, but the medium we're using (i.e. the written word) doesn't always lend itself to that well. I'm sure our people aren't trying to offend you, and, after all, you did ask our opinions.

Lighten up, my friend. :D

N

NeuroDeus

*Sniff* *Sniff* give us back the old CPA... please!

I don't like any of the logos... in terms of using them for the CPA... If they were for Pokemon or something more childish they could have been more perfect... get back the old logo... that kicked arse...

D

Duel

I doubt he will. No begging, please. Not only is it innapropriate, but I already tried it.

C

Chaos Turtle

(In other words, you did ask for it.)

Am I the only one who thinks #3 is an excellent choice?

It combines original style with a clean professional look. It can easily be palette-shifted to whatever colors the site is at a givent time. I has no smilies ;).

One by one:

#1 - Cute. I kinda like the typeset on this one. The smilies are attractive, but the main proble I see with them is that they don't represent the CPA so much as they do the vBulletin system.

#2 - I like the mana-symbols idea, but the Magic Marker-esqe script is perhaps a bit too playful. A neater typeface and a toned-down color scheme could make this a very very cool logo, and a fantastic t-shirt design.

#3 - My favorite from a business perpective. See comments above.

#4 - All your smilies are belong to us. ;)

#5 - I'm going to let this slide, since all the others are pretty neat. You were obviously in a hurry when you did this.

#6 - I like the band, Orgy, too; but I hate their font.

#7 - Bold and exciting, but smilies again, and maybe just a little bit too bold.

So, with #3 being my preference as-is, and #2 having definite possibilities, I'd like to say that I appreciate the work that went into these. They're very nice, and I'd personally be glad to have one of them on our site.

As long as so many of us are waxing nostalgic, I'd like to state my (unpopular, I imagine) opinion on the "original" logo, which wasn't actually the original but an improved version of it. I hated it. I liked the design, but that color scheme...ye gods, but it was hard on the eyes. Hmm...maybe the old-style logo with the stylized mana symbols from #2 would be nice.

At any rate, I definitely think that this warrants further discussion. I hope that Ed sees some merit here, and has the time and inclination to consider these new options.

Peace, Love, and .\\agic y'all.

D

Duel

No, I said that of those posted, 3 is clearly the best. It's not so ridiculous as to drive away players who are interested in the theoretical aspects of the game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
saying my opinion on controversial issues... :)

Like what most others have said, no one's "actively" shooting down your ideas, every time you post. You put up an idea, some will like it, some not. On this, it seems a lot of people DO like your work, it's just that it looks like the board will also need a new look to "match".

I don't think people are jumping on "veteran posters' bandwagon", as more often than not the people who post ARE "veteran posters". They're used to participating in things like these.

J

jcredberry

Although #7 looks like the German flag it is a pretty good idea of a logo... Like TeamRegime said it should be Iconic and has to have at least one indication on the site... I love the mana symbols but I think they're overused... I like #7 but I think you should flatten it and use 3 diferent smilies for the dots... Like the three monkeys (hear no evil...)...
A very good job and good luck getting this bunch of freaks in-sync with your designs!!! or viceversa...

T

TeamRegime.com

Tanks for your supports....Actually i wouldnt mind of the powers that be would give me some of thier creative input as to a re-design for the logo. What I mean is...Ive been doing this stuff for over 9 years and what helps MOST is input by the client. I know this is not official, I know Im not getting compensated (Although the front page Plug was AWESOME THANK YOU)...but I would seriously consider getting a PM from whomever the editors and peeps in charge are and getting info on what YOU would like to see. Colors, direction,etc..I can easily make it "fit" the current layout...not a problem. Im easy like sunday morn..

I appreciate everyones comments- pro and con...and agree with 80% of them...yeah I got carried away with the smiley faces..but theyre staring at me whenever Im here...

SO---sounds like ED, and the other OG's are the ones to talk to...PM me or post here...Ill be happy to produce whatever you like with specific direction...if not, thats cool...it was fun anyway...

And I did see the old logo and agree it kick(ed) arss but would be too damned wierd to see it with this current layout...and it's not as easy to change templates around just for some logo...I understand some of the logistics in that manner of website maintenance.

i actually have changed my logo several times in the past 3 years --which Is a NO NO as far as identity goes...but I LOVE change...

Thats all...thanks again.

LONG LIVE CASUAL PLAYERS ANONYMOUS..I mean Alliance. ;)

Nicholas Knight
har-de-har-har
www.teamregime.com

A

Apollo

And I did see the old logo and agree it kick(ed) arss but would be too damned wierd to see it with this current layout...and it's not as easy to change templates around just for some logo...
Actually, the entire site had that layout. The whole thing was changed.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think he knows that; what he's trying to say is that it would look weird if we just brought back the old logo but kept this blue/white look. Kinda like what most of us are saying with his logos; they'd look wierd if the site didn't change also.

At least that's what I think he's saying :)

A

Apollo

OK, but since the old site was already like that, it probably wouldn't be as much trouble. They would just have to revert back.

TeamRegime was talking about how much trouble it would be, which made it sound like he didn't know that it'd already been there.

D

Duel

No, we won't go back because of the reasons that ed had at one point promised to make into an article, but which were never published or revealed....