NEW CPA LOGO- As Promised!

T

TeamRegime.com

A few weeks ago I brought up the fact that I thought the name a logo for this site needed work. After several postings I changed my mind about the name--although I DID like the suggestion to name it CASUAL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION....anyway...I said I would make several logos- Free of Charge-- (Im a Graphic Designer)..well I finished it yesterday. I JUST posted the page from my website at www.teamregime.com...BUT the page is located on

http://www.teamregime.com/cpalogo.html

I also gave everyone an option to vote on the logos submitted-- Including the original....so ...check em' out....

I already KNOW the odds of my logos being actually used are NIL but I dont like saying/promising things and not delivering em'...plus it was kinda FUN!!

Im also ready for everyones flack and negative commentary....fire away!

Nicholas Knight
www.teamregime.com

S

superguy

These are great! Even if they don't get used, at least know that someone appreciates them (me for example). It's really nice to know that you took time to make them. I really like #s 2, 4 (even though it makes us look like a pokemon site :)) and 7. Thanks for doing them!

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i like #5 and #7, well done they're all great

C

Cateran Emperor

Nice work there! Of the new ones, #2 is my favorite (I have a soft spot for anything with the mana symbols...), but I just couldn't bear to vote for anything but the current logo.

H

Hetemti

I like the current logo...though it should be done in Goudy Medieval.

A

Apollo

They look nice. I, however, always liked the original. Not the one we have right now, but the black and orange fiery logo that was there at the beginning.

T

terzarima

Wow, good job, I liked number 4 the best, number 2 was good, but I didn't like it as much.

A

Almindhra

They're all well done, but they look, I don't know, too happy or obnoxious...

Z

Zadok001

I'm with Almindhra on this one - They look great, but they're so... Happy? Is that the right word? Energized, perhaps. While having an active logo is all well and good, making it too colorful gives the impression of disorder at times. I dunno. I kinda like the current design, due to its clear and straight message without any games. Just the acronym and the words in clear fonts with minimal coloration.

On the other hand, I'm no graphic designer. :) Fortunately, my wonderful and lovely girlfriend IS, and of course I took the liberty of sending her the URL. I'm curious, at any rate, what she thinks.

D

Duel

hmmm. I go for the orange-and-black flaming one. You know, the REAL logo....

Actually, I agree, they seem too perky. Of all of those designs, 3 is the best, though.

G

Gizmo

They sure kick the arse of what we`ve got, but they don`t really fit the current look. The current one is pretty simple, but matches the blue/grey/white look of the boards.
2 is my fave by a long way, but both it and 4 would go smartly onto a T-Shirt...

A

Almindhra

Yeah, I'm with Duel, I want the orange/black back...And if I were going to get a CPA t-shirt, thats defiantly the logo I would want on it...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Most were pretty cool with the 3-D look, except for 5 & 6. I liked 7 the best, but I don't think I got the mana symbols from 2. I just remember more smilies...

I have to agree that they might not go with the current board look like our current one though.

M

Mundungu

Ahtough I admire the artistics of the logos, it seems they project too much of a "we're fun and wanna have fun" type of image.

I consider that we are a serious side with funny members.

I wouldnt choose any logo with smilies on them. Period.

A last remark, logo #7 repeats the German Flag. mmmhhh, looks cool but its no good.

I think the original logo had the most "Oumph" but like the current board design.

For a T-Shirt I'll definitly go with the original (black / orange).

T

terzarima

I feel that the logo's kindof symbolize our community, thus that's why I chose number 2. There is lots of happy faces for the many different memebers of the CPA. Granted, I would rather have the current one, or the older one on a tee-shirt, I like the new ones that make me smile :)

D

Duel

*shrugs* mind you, If you start selling T-shirts, I'm with Almindhra. I'll buy the orange/black ones above all the rest.