MY top games for XBOX and PC lately!

Ferret

Staff member
As soon as I get back I plan on getting a new PC, so I'm going to downgrade my old one to something like Windows 98 or something - and maybe, I could get a nice slow 486 to run old DOS games on. This way I could play some of my all time favourites:

Star Control II
Master of Magic
Wing Commander I and II
Might and Magic III-V
Wizardry VII
Sim City (the first one)
Civilization (the first one)

-Ferret

"OMG! I forgot that I was going to mail WC III, IV, and Prophecy to Spidey! I'll try to remember when I get home. So sorry! :( "

J

jorael

Master of Magic, YEAH!

Now that is a good game. It had about a milion bugs, but those were (mostly) solved with a patch. That same patch made the game more balanced too.

I played that game for hours. Favorite starting stats: Warlord with white magic and barbarians as a race. That way you could have Ultra Elite berserkers. Then those guys could knock down Sky Dragons (yes, the biggest ones in the game).

White magic, warlord and halflings was fun too. You'd get Ultra Elite slingers. 6-9 of those could shoot down any army an opponent could muster.

Heroes of Might and Magic can't hold a candle compared to MoM. Except for the graphics, of course. Age of Wonders is very similar to MoM, I can recommend that one to anyone who liked MoM

Ferret

Staff member
Ah, Age of Wonders. I downloaded a demo for the original a few years back and was quite impressed. Unfortunately, I didn't buy it. However, a few years later I saw that Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic (I guess that was their third title) was put on the bargain rack I scooped it up. It reminds me a lot of HoMM, but not as restricted. Also, it has a random map generator. Just the perfect thing for people like me that get sick of playing scenarios.

-Ferret

"If I were to have to pick my favourite X-Box game, it would be impossible, since I don't like the system..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Ferret, no worries on the games. I know you've been busy and out of country... and I do have enough to keep my occupied before getting sucked in some more games :)

What I'd like to eventually get and play is all the Wizardry games. I know it's being sold as a bundle right now I think - again, it's that time and other games going on.

I liked the early Ultimas too but not when it turned into FP. Bleh.

H

Homestar

hey guys i just bought Guild Wars for the PC, amazing MMORPG free online play, way less lag then any other game, i choose this over WoW anyday

Ferret

Staff member
Wait, wait, wait! Did you just say 'Free'?!?! You're kidding right? A free MMORPG? That's unheard of. There must be a catch. Something like: "This game is free, but if you want armour or weapons you must pay $19.95 a month" or "Your inventory is restricted to 6 oz. unless you send us $39.95 a month" or "It's free for the first five seconds of combat, but unless you send us your first born you will end up a gooey mess that you won't even be able to view..."

-Ferret

"There's always a catch..."

Killer Joe

Thanks for the info., guys!

Homeslice: Thanks for the offer but I'll do my OWN HOME work :p I'll find a place on where to get my dream game :D

E

evan d

I love freelancer, Lords of the realm 2, panzer general 2, the simcity where you could plant plants, and Runescape.

H

Homestar

Ferret-Hahaha, no catch man, ice been playing it like 24/7 and , i havent turned into a gooey mess and i think a few warhammers and swords weigh over more then 6 oz. ;-). and, the gameplay and storyline and everything is just straight up better then WoW, gotta give it a try.

KJ- O.k, but if u start getting grey hairs over it, ill pick it up, turns out its only $3.50, but u do ur thing ;-)