MY top games for XBOX and PC lately!

H

Homestar

well, im a video game addict, so much so, that my father put me on a gaming schedule, no magic, or video games of any sort on mondays, tuesdays, and thursdays, but i get used to it, i own an XBOX and here are my top couple of games... in no order but they all rock.

By the way, my XBOX live name is Chilly Palmer, or ChillyPalmer, i really dont know if i put a space in it, just try both, im on every wednesday, friday, and weekends!

Fight Night Round 2-great game, awesome graphics, great cinamatics, awesome replays when u knock them out, very realistic, takes a bit to get used to the controls, but once u do, its like second nature. a cool cheat in case u guys rent or buy it or have it, enter then name "GETTFAB" as a profile, to use the rapper "Fabulous" as a heavyweight, kinda cool. XBOX live enabled.

Halo 2... still- you all know about it, no description needed, i juss love it for the XBOX Live play, the campaign ends so abrupt, and, juss, blah, that it was entertaining when i first started it, but great XBOX live play.

SWAT Global Strike Team- i guess its an older game, no xbox live, but an interestingly amusing single player in which u choose your weapon, type of grenade, and always get a secondary tranquilizer gun and go through missions. now what i liek abotu this game is the fact that u can speak into your XBOX communictor, and say stuff, and yuor team will do it. for instance, point your crosshair at a door, and a list of commands will come up on the screen, say one of them, and they do it. if you dont have a communicator, u can choose the commands manually. you can also do a variety of other realistic SWAT things to make it fun

Rainbow Six 3-Black Arrow- Amazing XBOX live play, decent campaign, juss an overall amusing game, not much i can say but a realistic FPS, but u definatly wann agive it a shot if u already havent...

Splinter Cell: Chaos Thoery- now i dont own this game, but i play it a friends house all the time. CLASSIC Splinter Cell campaign, always interesting and fun, being all stealthy and shooting lights out and choking guys out and stuff, extremely realistic, campaign=amazing. but, thats onyl one part, the XBOX live play is amazing, there are multiple game types, main 2 are story, and deathmatch. in both, you can choose to be a Spie or a Mercenary, in deathmatch, kil each other, spies get to use all their stuff and have to be all stealthy, mercs are gunn carryin meanies with grenades and every thing, no stealth invloved, aiminmg for them takes some gettin used to.... but o well, story mode, spies go around trying to hack multiple computers while mercs try to stop them from doing that.... amazing game, 10 outta 10 for me.

So those are awesome.... now for my PC games.....

WoRlD Of WaRcRaFt!- i dont own this, but, again, me n my friend geke out on this all the times, i have my own characters on his game, very fun, very very fun, im sure you all have heard of this so, you know.......

Counter-Strike: Source- CLASSIC counter strike but amazing graphics, hit boxes and physics are messed just a LITTLE bit, but it makes it more fun, and i hope, you all have heard of CS so no explanation needed i dont imagine, but, for short, only goes online, Counter-Terrorists and terrrorsists, some maps, terror's have to plant a bomb or defend hostages, counter terrorists have to rescue hostage or defend bomb sites or defuse the bomb if it is planted. blah blah blah, buy it now mortal.

HaLf_LiFe 2- greatest game ever, comes with Counter- Strike:Source, Half-Life 2 -Deathmatch, awesome graphics, aweosme gameplay, i rest my case.

so yah, juss thought i might be able to get somethin goin about straight up video gaming here, cuz thats what im all about, hit me back if you got any games for XBOX or PC you like.

J

jorael

Half-life 2 comes with counterstrike source? I thought it was the other way around ;)

FPS are my thing too. I don't have a X-box however, I play on my pc. Medal of Honor, Half-Life 2, Far Cry, Unreal Tournament 2003 (was cheap to get), call of duty, etc.

Y

YoungBeard

I know what it's like to be a videogame addict... I've had to cut back a lot, in the past few years, or risk not having a life at all! I like FPS but I don't have the twitch reflexes for them, although Half Life 2 was quite enjoyable. I'm more of a strategy gamer. Currently working my way thru Kohan Kings of War, Warcraft III, and Homeworld 2. My all time favorites are the Civilization series, Starcraft, and Total Annihilation. I have Age of Wonders on the back burner.. I've had the game for years, but every time I get started, something interrupts me.

I also like "casual" flight sims, the less realistic the better (think Wing Commander) :D

H

Homestar

oh my god dude, dont even bring Starcraft up, no one here hasany concept of how amazingly addicted i was to that game.

and you wanna talk about twitch reflexes for FPS?!? i get banned from more servers then hackers do for being accused of hacking on CS:S.

and yeah, CS;S comes with HL2.

haha ive played shrek 2, i got half way through it in like an hour, then got bored, its fun while it lasts tho!

and ya kno Beard, i was always the most horrible person ever at flight sims, i could never get them, but, o well.

N

Nightstalkers

I cant' really stand CS:Source that much... You can get a headshot way easier on Source than you can CS1.6.

H

Homestar

i have never played 1.6 so i wouldnt know, but source is amazing to me.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I loved the Wing Commander series - played 1 & 2 way too much in college. Always wanted to play 3 & 4 but by the time I got a new computer to play them, they were long gone... and now ironically, today's computers are too fast to play them :)

H

Homestar

ya know i did hear about those wing commander games. a lot of older friends sa they were great back a while ago. i always wanted to try one but cant find it anywhere.

Killer Joe

Homestar said:
ya know i did hear about those wing commander games. a lot of older friends sa they were great back a while ago. i always wanted to try one but cant find it anywhere.

"Older Firends"? like what, 15 years old? :D :p ;) j/k

ZELDA - If I could my hands on the NES version of Zelda I would be set for computer gaming for life! :eek:

Y

YoungBeard

Killer Joe: Jim has Zelda, if you ask nice maybe he will let you borrow it. :)

Homestar & Spiderman: If you want to try a good Wing Commander "like" game that'll run on windows XP, look around for Tachyon: The Fringe. Or Freespace 2, but that will cost you an arm and a leg because it has become collectible. Freespace 1 is good but I'm not sure it'll run on XP, it's oooold (I may have to go home and try it after thinking about it...) Freelancer is neat, too, though the storyline iss lame and too short.

One thing I am going to do someday is build an old-school gaming computer... I still have a copy of dos 6.22, and lots of old games that I can't really play any more.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, I'm intending to "get" (probably buy somewhere) a 486 machine that can run the old games once I get money...

N

Nightstalkers

Spiderman said:
I loved the Wing Commander series - played 1 & 2 way too much in college. Always wanted to play 3 & 4 but by the time I got a new computer to play them, they were long gone... and now ironically, today's computers are too fast to play them :)
You can download programs that slow those games down. I wouldn't suggest playing them though because of your fond memories of the game. You were the demon of space in that game and couldn't be shot down by anyone... If you go back you'll notice how crappy the graphics are and really feel that antique feeling sink in.

There is already a Zelda remake for the PC. Look up ZeldaClassic.com for a download.

H

Homestar

hey KJ, the card shop i go to also sells a lot of old games liek that for like 5 bucks, if you'd like, i could pick Zelda for NES up for you. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nightstalkers: Yeah, I know there's programs that can slow down your computer but I must not have been doing it right because they weren't working :) The only thing that used to work was during off the internal cache from the BIOS startup menu and I think that started messing up my computer as well.

So I just want a computer that I can load it up and not worry about it. And I don't mind the graphics - I like the dogfighting.