Multi-player Elf deck

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The Muse can work well with any Elf with a T as an ability, like the Wellwishers: You can tap the Wellwishers on your turn for X life, and then on your opponent's turn for X life (and if you have 8-12 opponents, that's a lot of life).

B

Budget Player Cadet

Yeah, I saw that coming. The muse just is good in multiplayer. I guess there's no reason to exclude it. I am definitely a purist though. (And I don't have any Seedborns myself)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
4 Wirewood Herald
4 Rhys the Exiled
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Wellwisher
4 Imperious Perfect
4 Skyshroud Poacher
2 Caller of the Claw
2 Eladamri, lord of leaves
2 Priest of Titania
2 Seedborn Muse
2 Wolf-Skull Shaman
2 Elvish Soultiller
2 Voice of the Woods
2 Heedless One
2 Nullmage Shepherd
1 Wirewood Hivemaster

2 Gaea's Anthem
4 Rancor
4 Hurricane

22 Forests

hmmmmmmm seems like too little land

B

Budget Player Cadet

Trust me, you're cool. 22 is enough when you're running 4 Llanowar elves and other such mana boosters. Okay, maybe you should add a few more land... Run two more priestesses of titania, and maybe trade a few Hurricanes out. I would recommend also two more cards. Door of Destinies from Morningtide is the first. It basically transforms all of your elves into gigantic 10/10 buffs.
The second is Sylvan Messenger. He shows you the top four of your deck, and you get all of the elves shown that way.
If you really need more land, remove two hurricanes for a forest and a Cradle of Gaea.

B

Budget Player Cadet

Mooseman said:
Remember this is MULTI-PLAYER, like 8 to 12 players....
And 75 card decks
I really envy you. Every time I try to plan a chaos round, everyone complains about my deck. And I'm not talking about my MBC chaos-built deck, either!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So now I have a ton of elves and I need some kind of combo to go with them, I don't want an infinite-loop one, But something to aid me in winning, but not all in one turn, unless the other players are idiots.......

B

Budget Player Cadet

Hmm. I honestly wouldn't know of a way without going infinite with intruder alarm and blasting station.

C

CosmicJester

I run a fun multi player mono-green type one for casual that goes a little something like this. I'll start with the heart of the deck first, and add the random creatures I had on hand last.

16 Forests
2 Aluren
2 Recycle
4 Skyshroud Sentinel
1 Feldon's Cane
3 Llanowar Druid
2 Natures Lore
1 Llanowar Elf
1 Naturalize
1 Akroma's Memorial (for taste)
1Gaea's Anthem (for fiber)
4 Scryb Sprites
3 Pyknites
1 Wooden Sphere
1 Fog
1 Quirion Elves
1 Hurricane
3 Trained Armodon
3 Phantom Tiger
2 Blossoming Wreath
2 Skyshroud Elf
2 Foratog
3 Thrive

Works pretty well about 60% of the time, explodes 10%, fizzles 30%. Aluren helps you out with multiplayer because it helps everyone, making you less of a target until you take your first 15 minute hand. Recycle keeping the cards coming. the Llanowar Druid lets you cast Aluren and Recycle for all of 5 mana, making this easy to execute. It wouldn't be unheard of to retool all of the creatures in this to elf, i just didn't have enough left over from other decks. If anyone trys this let me know how it worked out for you. Also add about 15 cards, my group only plays 60 (Were old school like that).

turgy22

Nothing Special
CosmicJester:

I really like the Aluren + Recycle core of this deck, but I don't think you're abusing the combo to the best of your ability. Trained Armodons, Scryb Sprites and Phantom Tigers aren't the most imposing threats out there. If you have the cards and want to try some different things, here's some ideas that I think would boost the effectiveness of the deck:

Cheap / Easy-to-Find Stuff
More Llanowars & Fyndhorns - JMO, but every elf deck should start with 4 of each
Wood Elves - After Aluren hits the table, they'll help pull Forests out of your deck and boost your mana
Nantuko Shaman - If Aluren's in play, you get a 3/2 creature and a free card
Fyndhorn Elder / Priest of Titania - both good mana-producing creatures
Wellwisher / Wurm's Tooth - In case you need life; both fit the deck better than Wooden Sphere

Rares / Harder-to-Find Stuff
Yavimaya Druid - better than Wood Elves
Azusa, Lost but Seeking / Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary - mana boosters
Scion of the Wild / Jagged-Scar Archers / Caller of the Hunt - All cost 3 mana; all will be much bigger than a Trained Armodon
Eternal Witness - get back a card and a 2/1 creature for free
Loaming Shaman - Feldon's Cane on a 3/2 creature + reusable
Thelonite Druid - something else to do with any unused Forests
Elvish Champion / Elvish Vanguard - work well with elves
Groundbreaker - 6/1 hasty trampler for free
Troll Ascetic - Much better than Trained Armodon

If I was building a similarly-themed deck, I'd probably end up somewhere near the following build (using only cards I own + cards you started with):

16 Forests
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Fyndhorn Elves
4 Wood Elves
2 Fyndhorn Elder
3 Llanowar Druid
4 Skyshroud Sentinel
4 Eternal Witness
4 Nantuko Shaman
1 Wurm's Tooth
2 Scion of the Wild
2 Elvish Champion
1 Loaming Shaman
2 Aluren
2 Recycle
1 Gaea's Anthem
2 Moment's Peace (Better than Fog)
2 Naturalize

Unfortunately, I don't own Aluren or Recycle and I almost never play in real life anymore, so I'll never test this deck, but it sure does look fun to play.