Mtoa IV (Istanbul vs. Master Shake) Match

M

Master Shake

Use the beserker to block the champ.

Istanbul: 16
Cards: 4
In Play: MM, S
- Wall of Resistance (0/3, flying. Whenever this is dealt damage, put a +0/+1 counter on it at EOT)
- Discordant Spirit (2/2, flying. Whenever I'm dealt damage, I put that many +1/+1 counters on this during my next upkeep, then remove them at EOT)(T)
- Talruum Champion (3/3, first strike. Anything blocking or blocked by this loses first strike until EOT)(T)
Graveyard: Dwarven Vigilantes, Jamuraan Lion, Plains, Plains, Plains, Mtenda Herder
RFG

Master Shake: 13
Cards: 3
In Play: S, S, S, S, S, S, M (Two swamps tapped)
- Anvil of Bogardan (2, Draw 2 cards during your draw step and discard a card from hand.)
Graveyard: Python, Coils of the Medusa, Orcish Settlers, Dwarven Beserker
RFG:

M

Master Shake

Draw two. Discard a Fevor Charm. play a forest. Tap out to play Catacomb Dragon.

Go.

- Wall of Resistance (0/3, flying. Whenever this is dealt damage, put a +0/+1 counter on it at EOT)
- Discordant Spirit (2/2, flying. Whenever I'm dealt damage, I put that many +1/+1 counters on this during my next upkeep, then remove them at EOT)(T)
- Talruum Champion (3/3, first strike. Anything blocking or blocked by this loses first strike until EOT)(T)
Graveyard: Dwarven Vigilantes, Jamuraan Lion, Plains, Plains, Plains, Mtenda Herder
RFG

In Play: F, S, S, S, S, S, S, M (tapped out)
- Anvil of Bogardan (2, Draw 2 cards during your draw step and discard a card from hand.)
- Catacomb Dragon (4/4 Flying, you know what it does by now.)
Graveyard: Python, Coils of the Medusa, Orcish Settlers, Dwarven Beserker. Fevor Charm
RFG:

I

Istanbul

Sure saw THAT coming.

Draw, discard Freewind Falcon. Play Swamp, tap out for Crypt Cobra. Done.

- Discordant Spirit (2/2, flying. Whenever I'm dealt damage, I put that many +1/+1 counters on this during my next upkeep, then remove them at EOT)
- Talruum Champion (3/3, first strike. Anything blocking or blocked by this loses first strike until EOT)
- Crypt Cobra (3/3, whenever this attacks and isn't blocked you get a poison counter)
RFG

Graveyard: Python, Coils of the Medusa, Orcish Settlers, Dwarven Beserker. Fevor Charm
RFG:

M

Master Shake

Draw two. Discard a swamp. Go.

- Discordant Spirit (2/2, flying. Whenever I'm dealt damage, I put that many +1/+1 counters on this during my next upkeep, then remove them at EOT)
- Talruum Champion (3/3, first strike. Anything blocking or blocked by this loses first strike until EOT)
- Crypt Cobra (3/3, whenever this attacks and isn't blocked you get a poison counter)
RFG

In Play: F, S, S, S, S, S, S, M
RFG:

I

Istanbul

Draw two, discard a Mountain. Tap out to play Dread Specter. Go.

In Play: MM, SS (all T)
- Dread Specter (2/2, whenever this blocks or is blocked by a nonblack creature, destroy that creature at end of combat)
RFG

In Play: F, S, S, S, S, S, S, M
RFG:

M

Master Shake

Draw. Discard Sabertooth Cobra. Tap 4 to play Striped Bears, draw a card. Tap the rest to play wake of Vultures. Go.

In Play: MM, SS (all T)
- Dread Specter (2/2, whenever this blocks or is blocked by a nonblack creature, destroy that creature at end of combat)
RFG

- Striped Bears (3G 2/2, When it comes into play, I draw a card)
- Wake of Vultures (3B Flying. 1B, sacrifice a creature: Regenerate Wake of Vultures 3/1. )
Graveyard: Python, Coils of the Medusa, Orcish Settlers, Dwarven
Beserker. Fevor Charm
RFG:

I

Istanbul

Well, we better get on with this before we get ourselves decked. :)

Draw two, discard Mountain. Play Plains. Attacking with Discordant Spirit, Talruum Champion, Crypt Cobra, and Dread Specter.

In Play: MM, SS, P
- Crypt Cobra (3/3, whenever this attacks and isn't blocked you get a poison counter)(T)
- Dread Specter (2/2, whenever this blocks or is blocked by a nonblack creature, destroy that creature at end of combat)(T)
RFG

- Wake of Vultures (3B Flying. 1B, sacrifice a creature: Regenerate Wake of Vultures 3/1. )
Beserker. Fevor Charm
RFG:

M

Master Shake

Assign my dragon to block the Champion, the Wake of Vultures to block the Discordant Spirit, and Striped Bears to block Dread Specter. Any effects?

In Play: MM, SS, P
- Crypt Cobra (3/3, whenever this attacks and isn't blocked you get a poison counter)(T)
- Dread Specter (2/2, whenever this blocks or is blocked by a nonblack creature, destroy that creature at end of combat)(T)
RFG

Master Shake: 10
Beserker. Fevor Charm
RFG:

I

Istanbul

Tapping out before first strike goes on the stack to play Lava Storm, dealing 2 damage to all creatures assigned to block. Wake and Bears die, and Dragon has 2 damage on it.

Unless you have some kind of free effect, Dragon should die from first strike damage, and I'll be done.

In Play: MM, SS, P (tapped out)
Graveyard: Dwarven Vigilantes, Jamuraan Lion, Plains, Plains, Plains, Mtenda Herder, Mountain, Mountain, Lava Storm
RFG

Master Shake: 7 (Poison)
Beserker. Fevor Charm, Swamp, Sabretooth Cobra, Catacomb Dragon, Striped Bears, Wake of Vultures
RFG:

M

Master Shake

All right, I will concede now rather then drag this out. I am tired of this deck.

B

BigBlue

Congrats to Isty... Your next opponent will be Spiderman.

You need to pick one of the following cards as ante to include in your 45 card pool (which you'll then pick one of to ante in your next match - sorry if it's confusing...)

Dirtwater Wraith
Aura of Silence

Mastershake, I'll play against you. In the past I've had train administer my games, if he is unwilling to do it, perhaps Spiderman will...

B

BigBlue

Just post it right here.... and if you know which card of your 45 you want to pull for the next match you can post that too...

Once I get that info I can start Sp vs Is draft.... also I'll need a pm of Rock/Paper/Sciccors to figure out who get's first pick...

I

Istanbul

I'll bring the Dirtwater Wraith with me.
Let's take Heat Stroke out this time.