MtoA IV Booster League Results

B

BigBlue

Here's where I'll track the results... It's roundrobin, and once you've played one round it doesn't matter who your opponent is (Round one you must play against another round 1 opponent)- you just can't play someone you've already played. I don't know if anyone else will join (or if ManPriest will return) but we can certainly accomodate more.

Overall
Spiderman (2-1 5-2)
BigBlue (3-1 6-2)
Istanbul (2-1 4-3)
Mastershake (0-2 0-4)
Train (0-1 0-3)
Azreal (0-1 1-2)

Round 1
Spiderman def Train (2-0)
BigBlue def Azreal (2-0)
Istanbul def Mastershake (2-0)

Round 2
Spiderman def BigBlue (2-0)
Train vs Azreal

Round 2.5 (since we don't have an appropriate # of players)
Istanbul def Spiderman (2-1)
BigBlue def Mastershake (2-0)

Round 3ish
Mastershake vs Spiderman
BigBlue def Istanbul (2-0)

B

BigBlue

You use the cards you drafted... The only difference is the Ante Card (who keeps what).

You take those 45 cards and mix them with your opponents 45 cards...

B

BigBlue

I think there may be some confusion as to how this works - forgive me if I didn't make it clear before now...

Each round you take the cards you currently have - remove one card from them then shuffle them with your opponents and redraft with your new opponent - that's why I wasn't allowing people to play multiple games earlier - because you don't know what your 45 cards are until your match is over (based on the Ante card) and you obviously may want to change your ante card as your card pool changes...

So, I'll be shuffling my 44 cards with Spidey's cards and Train will run that draft (since I'm playing in it).

I'll also be shuffling Train and Azreal's cards together and running their draft...

Each round you redraft your cards with your new opponent - in the end you get a fairly tuned deck - in general. And since there is no monetary value tied to any of these cards you get a more pure draft - no rare/unc drafting...

Again, I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear at the start...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ooooh.

I thought we just kept playing with the original cards and just added in the ante card.

Great, I don't know if I have all my cards... do you still have them BB and can you send them to me again?

B

BigBlue

Unfortunately we have no other takers... 8 would've been great. Manpriest evaporated...

Overall
Spiderman (1-0 2-0)
BigBlue (1-0 2-0)
Istanbul (1-0 2-1)
Mastershake (0-1 1-2)
Train (0-1 0-2)
Azreal (0-1 0-2)

Round 1
Spiderman def Train (2-0)
BigBlue def Azreal (2-0)
Istanbul def Master Shake (2-1)

Round 2
Spiderman def BigBlue (2-0)
Train vs Azreal (0-0)
Istanbul vs ???

I

Istanbul

I just finished off Master Shake...who do I face next?

T

train

Az and I still have to get started on ours...

I'd be willing to shuffle for Az (I know Blue's been busy) but that doesn't seem Kosher...:) :cool:

I

Istanbul

Also, I understand that my 44 cards will be mixed in with the 44 cards of whoever I play next, but I'm unclear on what happens to the ante cards I won. Do I automatically get to add them to my deck (or not, as I see fit)? Do they get added in to the mix?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Your ante card gets added to your card pool, making it 45 cards, and they ALL get shuffled with your opponent's to get re-drafted (taking out another ante card first, which may or may not be that ante card you won, depending on your preference).

I

Istanbul

So...there's no real benefit to winning the ante cards? The ante card is just one card you choose not to have around?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Unless I'm misunderstanding how BigBlue thinks of it, not really, since the ante card goes possibly into the draft. The only time it might be good is if your upcoming opponent plays totally opposite colors than you and you guys stick to the same colors in the draft, so you have a better chance of getting and using the ante card (assuming it's one you could use anyway and not a "bomb" card that you didn't want your previous opponent to get).

I

Istanbul

And yet, the answer still has not come: who's my next opponent?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That I can't answer, but I suspect either you will get a bye for Round 2 or you might have to play both BigBlue and I to see who has the best record among the winners of Round 1.

I

Istanbul

But...this is Swiss, so bye's don't really exist.
And I shouldn't have to face 3 opponents where everyone else only has to face 2.
Am I wrong here?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, both BigBlue and I will have to face the same number since there's an odd number of players in Round 2. I play BigBlue and you, BigBlue plays you and me, you play BigBlue and me. We each play 2 opponents and maybe do a final round 3 among the two best. The Round 1 people who were in the losing bracket could do the same thing, I guess.