Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Allow Counterspells

• Don't allow Counterspells

• Total voters
B

BigBlue

I will need some suggestions on how we'll accomplish the Draft...

It would start by PM by me of the packs.... then you'd have to pm me the card you picked back, then I'd Pass them on.... seems like a LOT of PM's to me...

We could also do Rochester, open a pack, lay them all out, then allow each player to pick their cards... that might be better, but will take longer as we have to do each pack seperately...

sealed would really be easier to manage.... but I'll do it either way.

Here's an Idea... we start drafting now for the third round in some manner... And we could run Episode II just like the first one, with new decks or modified decks... That way we aren't waiting a month just to have cards picked...

J

Jigglypuff

So what if the mechanics don't blend? I hate Urza's Saga block. It's like the designers procrastinated until the last possible second and then had to throw together a large expansion using any card ideas they could come up with.

(- Steve -)

T

train

That's what made the cards so powerful...

And Bigblue - do whatever's easiest for you...

J

Jigglypuff

Saga was one of the stupidest blocks in recent history. The cards were so over-powered that the game wasn't even fun anymore. Did you have fun playing against Academy and Great Whale every day? Did anyone have fun playing against Academy and Great Whale?

(- Steve -)

W

WickedBoy6

I liked Urza's Block, but not because of the so-so Blue that came out of it...I mean the nice, fat Green cards that were the result. How could you knock a set that included Rancor?

J

Jigglypuff

I can knock a set that includes Rancor because of the extreme brokenness of the sets that came before and after it. And how exactly did the whole Lifeline thing slip by everyone at Wizards?

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't care how we do the draft but I can start Monday.

I think US had good ideas, they just didn't do a great job playtesting. The untap lands was supposed to be a variation on the "free spell" but like the Rukh Egg, I think they forgot other ways for them to get into play besides just casting it.

B

BigBlue

I'm going to run sealed deck.... I'm going to try something really fun... Sealed Deck, 1 Unlimited Starter, 2 Unlimited Boosters.

PM me a number between 1 and a hundred and an email address to send a text card list to you, or if you would rather I could PM it.. but I'd prefer recieving the decks back as text files via email...

Any objections tough.... If you want me to do a draft, I will start the drafting after we kick off the sealed game.

I will get cardlists to you next Monday, with decks due back next Friday, and the game to start the following Tuesday (The day after Presidents day.) You can still join late next week, but decks will be due Next Friday so I can enter them into my spreadsheet.

If you are new to the game, the rules are simple. Standard rules, you have 24 hours to complete your play, or I will do it for you. Weekends and holidays do not count. You may PM me your play if you are afraid you'll miss your turn. Since Counters exist in sealed, if you intend to counter things, you'd best check in a lot, all spells will be assumed uncountered. If you intend to counter something, or you want me to control your counter, PM me... I am prone to Blue, and usually counter with great care.... :p

Any questions?

J

Jigglypuff

Sounds good to me. I've already sent you the required information.

(- Steve -)