MTG Quiz

• Thread starter The Wise Jester
  • Start date
T

The Wise Jester

Alright, if you think you know alot about MTG, it's time you tested yourself. Feel free to post answers, for they might not necessarily be correct.

1. List seven "instant win" card (must contain win not lose

2. Name the card with the text "Counter target activated ability. (Mana abilities can't be countered.) Draw a card."

3. Name the theme of each block starting with the Tempest block.

4. Name the most broken card from Invasion.

5. Name Crovax's card from Nemeisis

More to come..

J

Jigglypuff

1) Celestial Convergence, Coalition Victory, Chance Encounter, Battle of Wits, Epic Struggle, Mortal Combat, Test of Endurance

2) Bind

3) Not quite sure what this question means, so I'll skip it.

4) Fires of Yavimaya

5) Ascendant Evincar

(- Steve -)

N

Notepad

I agree with the Pokemon: The third question seems highly subjective. One might assume its based on the block abilities, but there are a lot of things going on in blocks. For example, Urzas block may be thought of as a speedy broken block, an artifact block, or a cycling/echo block.

And #4 is also subjective. Though because of the power of blue in Type I, one would probably be inclined to say Fact or Fiction.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
#3 could perhaps refer to the Legendary Land theme, starting with Volrath's <something> (Laboratory?), going to Tolarian Academy is Urza's block, and then I don't know what else in the nex three blocks.

W

WickedBoy6

I'll agre with Spidey...Now that I think of it, wouldn't that be the rarest Magic card in history, alongside the 1996 World Champion?

T

train

yeah spidey...

I believe that alongside the world champion and metallic fork cards - proposal is the rarest...

Z

Zero T Katama

No, There's just as rare. I don't remember the name, but I do know there's only one copy and it's enshrined in Tokyo or something. It's a Dragon.

T

train

Didn't they start letting them design cards that were going to be used in sets...

I believe that's where tradewind came from...:confused:

and we know of others since...

W

WickedBoy6

Avalanche Riders, you're thinking of...It's Darwin Kastle's card, if I remember correctly.

N

Notepad

Darwin Kastle was not the first winner, as the first winner was the guy who made the Judgment card (can't remember his or his cards name) and his was to be in Tempest block.

Also, it was not the world champs who made cards. That honor goes to the Invitational champ, one of whom is invited is the world champ.

The reason they probably stopped making them is twofold: 1) Making more would set a precedent and eventually they'd end up seeing them pollute the tournament scene; 2) The 1996 World Champ card was lame and they'd either have to make more useless crap, or risk going on course 1.

I

Istanbul

Avalanche Riders, Rootwater Thief, Meddling Mage, Shadowmage Infiltrator, Sylvan Safekeeper, the list goes on. (And whatever the new guy is gonna make.)

N

Notepad

Ah, Istanbul, I think the context was lost there by my bad late-night typing. I meant that the unique World Champ card never became part of a series because of those reasons. "They" meant the unique cards, not the Invitationals.

I'd be a retard to think those had stopped print.

...now, have any of you seen my helmet...?

B

bryson430

I have a question...

Read the text on 1996 World Champion. As you can only play a creatures activated abilities when the card is in play (I can't tap a card that's not in play..so I can't pay 0 to activate it's ability, either) that means that all the 1996 World Champion does is allow you to get another one out of your library...but there's only one in existance...so you can't use his ability at all, ever...

J

Jigglypuff

You didn't read all of the text. According to the last sentence, the ability can only be used if it is the beginning of your upkeep and if it is in your library.

(- Steve -)

Attachments