MTG: Battlesgrounds

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by eanymadho, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I defeated all of them once, when I first played and started with red on the easiest level. I had the ideal of playing every color on every level, but got sidetracked... now I just started on the expert level about a year ago, that's how long and little I've played it since then.
  2. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Don't forget to get the patch... found that without it, I could manaburn my opponents to death during their upkeep everytime.

Its so boring when you cheat, so I suggest killing more and more green monsters with a nice black/red deck.
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Of course I have the patch, didn't I supply the links back when we talked about the game a half year ago?

The opponent still mana burns though, but what can you do <shrug>
  4. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Mana burns himself, but you can't do it for him anymore... :(

And I was having so much fun playing "stop hitting yourself" with the druids. :rolleyes:

Oh well, some hacker should dredge up the source codes and stuff just to update the program so us casualists don't have to become slaves to AOL... I mean MTGOL
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

It'd probably need a whole rewrite, with the 6th rules using the stack and all. It might make it easier though, who knows... :)
  6. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

hey, thats hitting me below the belt there pal. I use the stack to befuddle everyones minds from time to time.
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Check out the front page news for some exclusive screen shots!
  8. train The Wildcard!!!...

The screen shots are cool!... It looks like a neat game, but more details on it would be much more beneficial...

"Is there an Akroma Shower scene...:eek: :D "
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Hopefully he'll be sending some when he's allowed to...
  10. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

I think I would like more info but it looks like the old magic arcade game. Maybe a little more freer movement. But kinda lame. Some one correct me if I am wrong.
  11. Hetemti The Wide-Awake Nightmare

Looking at the video and shots, I agree it doesn't seem like it has much replay at all.

I always kinda liked Bullforg's Magic Carpet. You would tool around, throw fireballs, beat up monsters, collect mana, build a fortress and try to get a certain percentage of the total mana supply.

I'd like to play a cross between that, Shandalar, and Morrowind...Shandalar's run-around-and-find-cards style, but with a more real-time approach...you'd fight monsters with your own spells at times as well as duel enemies; gain territory on the map to increase your real-time mana supply; and some Morrowind-style dungeon raiding...with no silly trivia questions. : /
  12. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

I kinda liked those silly trivia questions....

Keeps those childrin' on them toes.

Now who can tell me which one of these cards has a toughness of 1 without checking any lists and such?
    a) Grave Robbers
    b) Eater of the Dead
    c) Redwood Treefolk
    d) Longbow Archer
  13. Hetemti The Wide-Awake Nightmare

Eater of the Dead is cool because he's an "Eater."

Best Type Ever.
  14. BigBlue Magic Jones

a) Grave Robbers
    b) Eater of the Dead - I think it was a 3/4?
    c) Redwood Treefolk - I'm pretty sure it was a 3/5 or 3/6.
    d) Longbow Archer - 2/2 block Fliers and First Strike for WW.

And if you were lucky you'd win a Dark Ritual or a Drain Life... :D

When you were unlucky it was for an Island when you were playing Green... :)
  15. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Even then having a "blue land spell" was nice to have just in case a quest wanted it.

Oh, and 5 points to BigBlue for getting the answer correct.

Score so far:

Hetemti - 10
    BigBlue - 5
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

From Wednesday's Gamespy newsletter:
    From today's Gamespy newsletter:
  17. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

I checked out the battlegrounds site, didn't see anything too great about the game, except the fact that Arcanis actually got through to the main game even after the bad pr I gave him.
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

19. train The Wildcard!!!...

At least they admitted it was "Addictive"...

I do wish you could play more than 2 color decks though...:( :rolleyes:
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

From today's Gamespy newsletter: