MTG: Battlesgrounds

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I defeated all of them once, when I first played and started with red on the easiest level. I had the ideal of playing every color on every level, but got sidetracked... now I just started on the expert level about a year ago, that's how long and little I've played it since then.

N

Nightstalkers

Don't forget to get the patch... found that without it, I could manaburn my opponents to death during their upkeep everytime.

Its so boring when you cheat, so I suggest killing more and more green monsters with a nice black/red deck.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Of course I have the patch, didn't I supply the links back when we talked about the game a half year ago?

The opponent still mana burns though, but what can you do <shrug>

N

Nightstalkers

Mana burns himself, but you can't do it for him anymore... :(

And I was having so much fun playing "stop hitting yourself" with the druids. :rolleyes:

Oh well, some hacker should dredge up the source codes and stuff just to update the program so us casualists don't have to become slaves to AOL... I mean MTGOL

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It'd probably need a whole rewrite, with the 6th rules using the stack and all. It might make it easier though, who knows... :)

N

Nightstalkers

hey, thats hitting me below the belt there pal. I use the stack to befuddle everyones minds from time to time.

T

train

The screen shots are cool!... It looks like a neat game, but more details on it would be much more beneficial...

"Is there an Akroma Shower scene...:eek: :D "

M

mythosx

I think I would like more info but it looks like the old magic arcade game. Maybe a little more freer movement. But kinda lame. Some one correct me if I am wrong.

H

Hetemti

Looking at the video and shots, I agree it doesn't seem like it has much replay at all.

I always kinda liked Bullforg's Magic Carpet. You would tool around, throw fireballs, beat up monsters, collect mana, build a fortress and try to get a certain percentage of the total mana supply.

I'd like to play a cross between that, Shandalar, and Morrowind...Shandalar's run-around-and-find-cards style, but with a more real-time approach...you'd fight monsters with your own spells at times as well as duel enemies; gain territory on the map to increase your real-time mana supply; and some Morrowind-style dungeon raiding...with no silly trivia questions. : /

N

Nightstalkers

I kinda liked those silly trivia questions....

Keeps those childrin' on them toes.

Now who can tell me which one of these cards has a toughness of 1 without checking any lists and such?
a) Grave Robbers
b) Eater of the Dead
c) Redwood Treefolk
d) Longbow Archer

H

Hetemti

Eater of the Dead is cool because he's an "Eater."

Best Type Ever.

B

BigBlue

a) Grave Robbers
b) Eater of the Dead - I think it was a 3/4?
c) Redwood Treefolk - I'm pretty sure it was a 3/5 or 3/6.
d) Longbow Archer - 2/2 block Fliers and First Strike for WW.

And if you were lucky you'd win a Dark Ritual or a Drain Life... :D

When you were unlucky it was for an Island when you were playing Green... :)

N

Nightstalkers

Even then having a "blue land spell" was nice to have just in case a quest wanted it.

Oh, and 5 points to BigBlue for getting the answer correct.

Score so far:

Hetemti - 10
BigBlue - 5

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From Wednesday's Gamespy newsletter:
MTG - Battlegrounds Site - Prophet
Atari has launched the official site for Magic: The Gathering - Battlegrounds, offering a closer look and further details on this upcoming action-focused game for the Xbox, and PC. The site offers details on all the different schools of magic in the game, videos, screenshots and in-depth information on just about every aspect of the game. Developed for Atari by Secret Level for the Xbox and PC, Magic: The Gathering - Battlegrounds is scheduled for a November 18th release.
From today's Gamespy newsletter:
MTG - Battlegrounds Golden - Prophet
Atari today announced that Magic: The Gathering - Battlegrounds for the Xbox and PC CD-ROM has gone gold. Developed for Atari by Secret Level, Magic: The Gathering - Battlegrounds is set for a November 18th release date. Magic: The Gathering - Battlegrounds is based on the popular trading card game created by Wizards of the Coast. The game is offers card game translations of classic creatures, spells and enchantments in a 3D environment and offers real-time strategic fighting, creature combat and lots of magic. Magic: The Gathering - Battlegrounds also takes advantage of Xbox Live with a robust set of features including online dueling and chat capabilities, a complete ranking system and statistic tracking. In addition, new creatures, sorceries, enchantments and arenas will be made available to players for download after launch. Visit www.mtggame.com for full details.

M:tG Battleground Site Opens - Rhoam
Atari has announced the official launch of the Magic: The Gathering – Battlegrounds web site. The game is current in development by Secret Level for the PC and Xbox and is based on the Magic: The Gathering trading card game.

N

Nightstalkers

I checked out the battlegrounds site, didn't see anything too great about the game, except the fact that Arcanis actually got through to the main game even after the bad pr I gave him.

T

train

At least they admitted it was "Addictive"...

I do wish you could play more than 2 color decks though...:( :rolleyes:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From today's Gamespy newsletter:
MTG - Battlegrounds Released - Prophet
Atari announced that Magic: The Gathering - Battlegrounds for the Xbox and PC is shipping today. Magic: The Gathering - Battlegrounds is based on the popular trading card game created by Wizards of the Coast. The game offers card game translations of classic creatures, spells and enchantments in a 3D environment, real-time strategic fighting, creature combat and lots of magic. Magic: The Gathering - Battlegrounds also takes advantage of Xbox Live, offering online dueling and chat capabilities, a complete ranking system and statistic tracking. New creatures, sorceries, enchantments and arenas will be made available to players for download soon.