MTG: Battlesgrounds

E

eanymadho

Apologies for posting this here for Ferret and Spiderman.
my name is Jason, I'm working on beahlf of Atari to help get info about the game out to Magic Fans. Ideally, I'd like to chat with one of you to figure outt what works best. Could you kindly drop me a note so that we could handle off-bbs?

Best regards,
Jason

Jason Madhosingh
ElectricArtists, Inc.
Senior Account Executive
jason(at)electricartists(dot)com
212.354.2650x25 land line
AIM: EANYmadho
MSN: jason@electricartists.com
Y!: EANYmadho

N

Nightstalkers

If this is about that arcade game that "dissapeared" it wasn't me...

<.<

>.>

I swear upon my dead grandmothers failed heart that it wasn't me. Um........

Could we get the IMG command working?

E

eanymadho

I believe 'tis. Am happy to get screenshots, game movies, etc to you guys. Really just need to know who would handle, and what you would like.

Kind regards,
Jason

N

Nightstalkers

You'd have to contact Spiderman to make it official news to be posted on the front of the site.

Otherwise, just post it in General CPA Stuff as a new thread.

I'm starting my own little thread in Off Topic with some of what I know about the game from corporate espionage.

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by eanymadho
Apologies for posting this here for Ferret and Spiderman.
my name is Jason, I'm working on beahlf of Atari to help get info about the game out to Magic Fans. Ideally, I'd like to chat with one of you to figure outt what works best. Could you kindly drop me a note so that we could handle off-bbs?

Best regards,
Jason
Well, Jason you've piqued my curiosity...is this going to be a redux of Microprose's old Magic game or more like the horrible effort Battlemage? Many of us would probably love to chat w/ you, but that would take time to get both people together...

...for now, why not post a link w/ some screenshots or at least a brief synosis of the game...

-Ferret

"patiently awaiting response..."

E

eanymadho

Sure-- Here's a synopsis. I'll have screens for you late tongiht / early monday. Could you kindly post this as a news article?

Kind regards,
Jason

Think like a wizard. Fight like a warrior.

Enter a world of intense fighting action, where dueling wizards battle in arenas conjured from the world of Magic The Gathering: Battlegrounds. Victory goes to those who cast spells strategically, but fight with furious and ruthless power. Think like a wizard, and fight like a warrior.

Battle online: Via Xbox Live and the Internet.
Download online content: Get spells, wizards, and assorted extras in regularly updated player downloads.

Enjoy awesome gameplay: Built on the Unreal engine.
Mix and match 90 different spells from 5 spell books: Plus bonus spells to unlock. The variety of spells provides for near-limitless fighting combinations.

Battle with your choice of nine wizards in 16 epic arenas: Wizards and arenas are all based on the Magic: The Gathering universe.

Embark on comprehensive single-player quests: This helps duelists acquire cool spells and artifacts.

True Power Cannot Be Contained!

N

Nightstalkers

Well, I don't know what to say...... Oh wait, yes I do:

Got Demo?

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by train
I don't have an X-box... -

Is it playable otherwise...
Ditto. I know that Atari is currently putting out games for most platforms. Would it be wrong to release it on the PC or PS2?

-Ferret

"I refuse to buy any more Microsoft product than necessary..."

T

train

"I refuse to buy any more Microsoft product than necessary..."
Here's a secret that isn't common knowledge yet...

"Gates owns everything... except WalMart..."

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by train
"Gates owns everything... except WalMart..."
WalMart, The Nightstalkers, and a dwindling array of fast food conglomerates strewn across the west coast to be exact.

Oh, did I forget to mention that Bill Gates and his cronies hold secret meetings in the dressing rooms of KMart? Creepy.

R

Reverend Love

This game appears to be total oink. Hope I'm wrong but on the surface it looks to be a sloppy game stamped with Magic The Gathering to milk a loyal group out of their dollars or what have you. Let's all give it up for licensing!

N

Nightstalkers

Ahem.

Its being produced for a system controlled by Mr. Gates. What do you expect?

R

Reverend Love

Yes, I'm quite sure upon hearing a game based off Magic was in development Bill ordered it to suck beyond all measure. After all should it be entertaining that would garner sales and in turn create revenue from their much vaunted system....yes as usual Nightstalkers your logic is irrefutable.

Honestly what do I expect? Something other then the appearance of a hokey adventure game liberally spiced with MtG references. Why couldn't they build something akin to Microprose oldie Magic Teh Gathering games?

N

Nightstalkers

The old micropose games were fun... I still remember playing a good natured game of X-Com or two.

Those were the days

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I just played a good game of the Microprose MTG last night... went into my first dungeon (of supposedly small white creatures), forgot that life totals carried over, went into one battle with 6 life but still won, two duels after that, Spirit-Linked my Serra Angel AND had an Ivory Tower out with a full hand, got all the way up to 70 life and coasted from there. I found a Mox Sapphire, Timetwister, and some other blue power card (even though I was playing white :rolleyes: ) Lots of fun.

N

Nightstalkers

I defeated all the socerer's except the black one... but a glitch in the game makes it so that about five turns into the game, it brings up that contact tech support message...

All I want to do is woop arzakon's royal 100 life arse a couple of times...