Most Disruptive Multiplayer Card - Nominations

O

orgg

Man, this thread brings back memories. It even contains a death from the 'Tag' game...

I might think of getting that started again... if I can find the rules.

D

DarthFerret

Back on Subject, and I say this truthfully, the most annoying card in Magic is.....

Null Rod!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Heh...

I thought the rules for "Tag" were pretty simple. You had to put "Tag Guard" on all of your posts; if you didn't, someone else who was playing could post right after and "getcha".

I don't remember that game Ransac... :confused:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
IT WAS ONLY YESTERDAY!!!!!!! I'M NOT GETTING OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY IS EVERYBODY STARING AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP IT!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

*Ransac passes out.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

O

orgg

I'll start a thread in the Games section with the rules. Twelve People needed to play.

F

Force of Will Smith

I interpret disruptive many ways... if you're thinking pure destruction its cards that blow up insane amounts of permanents/hand/etc. Secondly if you make your players make too many decisions or god forbid MATH. Three to effect the game which undoes anything, especially something that took a long time to play, like an evacuation. Fourth something that alters someones entire playing strategy, making them make bad decisions, or decisions there deck really has no logical way to go against.

the most disruptive spell is :

#1: balance
#2: pox (the 1/3 gets everyone, especially if there are many many permanents in play)
#3: Sway of the stars/thieves auction (nothing is as irritating as completely starting over or having all your earnings given to every other player)
#4: arcane lab/citadel of pain (makes everyone frantically play spells or very few)
Can wreck swarm decks, multiple spell strategies, make burn players hold burn spells or allow attackers to go unkilled.

illicit auction only happens once, its really not that bad. ive seen people pay a max of 4 life.

Ensnare/evacuation/reins of power are all honorable mentions...
allowing to cast a spell for free that allows any attack to stop, or allow an attacker to attacked unblocked with ALL of their creatures (at eot) is pretty damn impressive.

Killer Joe

The most disruptive card, imo, is Armageddon followed up by Winter orb. I used to play this deck called Bastille en Seville, it was a "prison deck" and it had Gaea's Blessing, Armageddon, Diamonds, Counterspell, and the "win condition" was to bore your opponents to death or at least until they decided to quit playing magic anymore :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Killer Joe said:
The most disruptive card, imo, is Armageddon followed up by Winter orb. I used to play this deck called Bastille en Seville, it was a "prison deck" and it had Gaea's Blessing, Armageddon, Diamonds, Counterspell, and the "win condition" was to bore your opponents to death or at least until they decided to quit playing magic anymore :)
What about Ertai followed by Arcane Laboratory?

L

Lythand

I actually has someone tell me that I was going to get stabbed in the parking lot when I played Natures Revolt/ Pendryll Mist combo.

Ferret

Staff member
Before it was re-worded, I would say dropping a first turn Black Vice would spell instant doom for anyone in a multiplayer game...

-Ferret

"Fastbond+Zuron Orb+Channel+Hurricane+CoP Green=everyone hating you very much"

F

Force of Will Smith

those are combos though... i think he meant just by a card itself...
if you wanted the most disruptive combos that could be an interesting post... :D

L

Lythand

Hmm in that case I would have to say...Braids is one I cant stand.