Mirrodin Mechanic: Imprint

T

train

That's pretty impressive...

Kind of like a phyrexian processor, no?!...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Like the article says, along the same idea... (along with a couple other cards like Volrath's Laboratory)

T

train

I kind of mentioned they'd keep the tribal thing going due to leaving Coat of Arms in 8th...

Tribal seems to be WoTC's new fad...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's probably here to stay... they've developed a lot of cards for tribes already, plus casual players seem to like them a lot :)

I

Istanbul

Good creatures to put on the Foundry:
Nekrataal
Ravenous Rats
Siege-Gang Commander
Hunted Wumpus (they gotta run out of creatures sooner or later)

Bad creatures to put on the Foundry:
Legends
Grizzly Bears
Phage the Untouchable

N

Nightstalkers

Not only do they have to make another Riptide Replicator, they have to make one thats just plain odd as well.

Oh well, like the prof in chronological exploration said "time repeats itself to save space, so history will always tend to repeat."

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Best creature to put on the foundry: Meddling Mage:cool:

A

Apollo

Sliver Queen would be fun in a sliver deck... hehe. The possibilities are endless?

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Apollo
Sliver Queen would be fun in a sliver deck... hehe. The possibilities are endless?
Now, there's an intersting wrinkle...do duplicates of Legends still count as Legends? I just imagined a horrible combo: Seedborn Muse, this thing, and cards like Kilnmouth Dragon. Hold a fistful of dragons and you'll be able to wipe the board clean in no time...

-Ferret

"Again nothing new - just more crap"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, they're still Legends... which is why Isty put them under Bad Things To Use With.

Out of curiosity (and perhaps it should go in another thread), what types of mechanics would you think aren't crap?

R

Reverend Love

Flametongue Kavu
Academy Rector
Deranged Hermit
Laquate's Champion
Gulf Squid (played during your opponents upkeep)
Faceless Butcher
Cackling Fiend
Thundermare

Lots of interesting things to do with Soul Foundry. I'm wondering if some infinite combos might be possible with the untap creatures like Great Whale, Priest of Gix etc.

T

train

The whale and others that untap lands, are oracled to work if played form your hand...

The priest would work though...;)

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Spiderman
Yep, they're still Legends... which is why Isty put them under Bad Things To Use With.

Out of curiosity (and perhaps it should go in another thread), what types of mechanics would you think aren't crap?
I've always been a beatdown player. I like creatures that help other creatures - such as some of the beasts, zombies, clerics (although, they are very abused these days), soldiers, and elves from Onslaught block or everyone's favourites, Slivers. It doesn't put all the eggs in one proverbial basket so your deck can handle much of what happens....

...there is one thing I do like about Equipment and this new artifact is that it encourages people to use creatures in their decks...

-Ferret

"Now, if they could juse encourage people to use more commons instead of $20 rares..."