Spidey: 14
Hand: 5
In Play:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T,U) Plains x3
(T,T) Mt x2
(U) Island
(T) Swamp

Rune of Protection: Blue (W: The next time a blue source of my choice would deal dmg this turn, prevent that dmg)
Serra's Embrace (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has flying and vigilance)

(U) Retromancer (3/3, Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, ~ deals 3 dmg to that spell's or ability's controller)
(U) Wizard Mentor (2/2, T: Return ~ and target creature I control to their owners hands)
(U) Monk Realist (1/1, When ~ CIP, destroy target enchantment)
(U) Disciple of Law (3/4, flying, vigilance, Pro-red) *Embraced by Serra*
(S) Blood Vassal (2/2, Sac ~: Add BB to my mana pool)
(S) Argothian Elder (2/2, T: Untap two target lands)

Graveyard: War Dance, Symbiosis
RFG:

rokapoke: 3
Hand: 2
In Play:

(T) Polluted Mire (~ comes into play tapped. T: Add B to your mana pool. Cycling 2)
(T) Island * Fertile *
(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(TTT) Mountain x3
(T) Forest

Fertile Ground (Enchant land. Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds one mana of any color to his mana pool.)
Fiery Mantle (Enchant creature. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, return ~ to its owner's hand. R: Enchanted creature gets +1/+0 until EOT.)
Reflexes (Enchant creature. Enchanted creature has first strike.)

(T) Ravenous Skirge (1/1; Flying. Whenever ~ attacks, it gets +2/+0 until EOT.) * Fiery * * Fast Reflexes *
(T) Goblin Spelunkers (2/2; Mountainwalk)
(U) Citanul Hierophants (3/2; Creatures you control have: "T: Add G to your mana pool.")
(S) Argothian Swine (3/3; Trample)

Graveyard: Confiscate, Healing Salve, Power Sink, Coral Merfolk, Crazed Skirge
RFG:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep.
Mountain.
Arcane Laboratory.
Done.

In Play:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T,U) Plains x3
(T,T) Mt x2
(U) Island
(T) Swamp

Rune of Protection: Blue (W: The next time a blue source of my choice would deal dmg this turn, prevent that dmg)

(U) Retromancer (3/3, Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, ~ deals 3 dmg to that spell's or ability's controller)
(U) Wizard Mentor (2/2, T: Return ~ and target creature I control to their owners hands)
(S) Blood Vassal (2/2, Sac ~: Add BB to my mana pool)
(S) Argothian Elder (2/2, T: Untap two target lands)

RFG:

In Play:

(U) Polluted Mire (~ comes into play tapped. T: Add B to your mana pool. Cycling 2)
(U) Island * Fertile *
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(UUUU) Mountain x4
(U) Forest

Fertile Ground (Enchant land. Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds one mana of any color to his mana pool.)
Fiery Mantle (Enchant creature. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, return ~ to its owner's hand. R: Enchanted creature gets +1/+0 until EOT.)

(U) Ravenous Skirge (1/1; Flying. Whenever ~ attacks, it gets +2/+0 until EOT.) * Fiery * * Fast Reflexes *
(U) Goblin Spelunkers (2/2; Mountainwalk)
(U) Citanul Hierophants (3/2; Creatures you control have: "T: Add G to your mana pool.")
(U) Argothian Swine (3/3; Trample)

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The Lab must be invisible :)

Untap, upkeep

Attack with the Disciple
Responses/blocks?

In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Island
(U) Swamp

(U) Blood Vassal (2/2, Sac ~: Add BB to my mana pool)
(U) Argothian Elder (2/2, T: Untap two target lands)

RFG:

In Play:

(U) Polluted Mire (~ comes into play tapped. T: Add B to your mana pool. Cycling 2)
(U) Island * Fertile *
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(UUUU) Mountain x4
(U) Forest

(U) Ravenous Skirge (1/1; Flying. Whenever ~ attacks, it gets +2/+0 until EOT.) * Fiery * * Fast Reflexes *

RFG:

R

rokapoke

Ravenous Skirge for the block.

Sorry, totally forgot to (a) remove the Lab from my hand (I now have 1 card remaining) and (b) put the Lab into play. Or cast it. I'll pay UBB, using my Island and my Mire and Swamp.

And while I'm at it, I'll tap Mt Mt Mt to make my Skirge a 4/1 first-striking monstrosity.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Healing Salve my guy. Responses? First strike dmg resolves? Regular dmg on stack? Regular dmg resolves?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yee-haw! So the Skirge bites it.

Done

Hand: 4
In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
(T,U,U) Plains x3
(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Island
(U) Swamp

Graveyard: War Dance, Symbiosis, Healing Salve
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Polluted Mire (~ comes into play tapped. T: Add B to your mana pool. Cycling 2)
(U) Island * Fertile *
(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(TTTT) Mountain x4
(U) Forest

Arcane Laboratory

Graveyard: Confiscate, Healing Salve, Power Sink, Coral Merfolk, Crazed Skirge, Ravenous Skirge, Fiery Mantle, Reflexes
RFG:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep.
Mountain.
Fiery Mantle (which returned to my hand) on the Swine.
Attack with said Swine.
Blocks/responses?

Hand: 4
In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
(T,U,U) Plains x3
(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Island
(U) Swamp

RFG:

Hand: 1
In Play:

(T) Island * Fertile *
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(UUUU) Mountain x4
(U) Forest

Arcane Laboratory (Each player can't play more than one spell each turn.)

(U) Argothian Swine (3/3; Trample) * Fiery *

Graveyard: Confiscate, Healing Salve, Power Sink, Coral Merfolk, Crazed Skirge, Ravenous Skirge, Reflexes
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Are you assigning all on the Retromancer? :)

Dmg on the stack, Tap the Wizard Mentor to return it and the Retromancer back to my hand. Nothing else if you don't have anything else.

R

rokapoke

You'll take 4 from the trample -- I'm not assigning it all to the Retromancer! Nice try, though. And you take 3 from the Retromancer himself.
Done.

Hand: 4 + Retromancer + Wizard Mentor
In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
(T,U,U) Plains x3
(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Island
(U) Swamp

RFG:

In Play:

(T) Island * Fertile *
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(UUUU) Mountain x4
(U) Forest

Graveyard: Confiscate, Healing Salve, Power Sink, Coral Merfolk, Crazed Skirge, Ravenous Skirge, Reflexes, Argothian Swine
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The "new" trample rules say you have to assign enough dmg to blocking creatures to cause lethal dmg, so that's at least three. So I'll assume you do 3 to the Retromancer and 1 trample to me, so I take 4 total

Untap, upkeep

Attack with the Disciple for the win?

Spidey: 10
Hand: 4 + Retromancer + Wizard Mentor
In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Island
(U) Swamp

RFG:

In Play:

(T) Island * Fertile *
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(UUUU) Mountain x4
(U) Forest

Graveyard: Confiscate, Healing Salve, Power Sink, Coral Merfolk, Crazed Skirge, Ravenous Skirge, Reflexes, Argothian Swine
RFG:

R

rokapoke

Spiderman said:
The "new" trample rules say you have to assign enough dmg to blocking creatures to cause lethal dmg, so that's at least three. So I'll assume you do 3 to the Retromancer and 1 trample to me, so I take 4 total
Actually, I pumped 4. So my critter's power was 7.

But, it's all moot. You have successfully attacked for the win.

My remaining non-Fiery Mantle card:
Falter

Had I successfully killed your flyer, I could've won last turn (or very close to it, at least). Good game. Onto whatever is next...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oops, my bad. I kept thinking his total power for the attack was 4.

Good game! I needed to keep that flier alive... I had

Venomous Fangs
Raze
Exhume
Back to Basics

Onto Urza's Legacy!