Done

Spidey: 16
Hand: 9
In Play:

(U) Forest
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2
(T) Island

War Dance (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the # of verse ctrs on ~) *5 verse ctr*
Rune of Protection: Blue (W: The next time a blue source of my choice would deal dmg this turn, prevent that dmg)
Serra's Embrace (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has flying and vigilance)

(U) Disciple of Law (3/4, flying, vigilance, Pro-red) *Embraced by Serra*
(U) Retromancer (3/3, Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, ~ deals 3 dmg to that spell's or ability's controller)
(S) Wizard Mentor (2/2, T: Return ~ and target creature I control to their owners hands)

Graveyard:
RFG:

rokapoke: 11
In Play:

(T) Polluted Mire (~ comes into play tapped. T: Add B to your mana pool. Cycling 2)
(U) Island * Fertile *
(U) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(T) Forest

Fertile Ground (Enchant land. Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds one mana of any color to his mana pool.)

(U) Coral Merfolk (2/1; 0: Wave Ransac's fanny.)
(U) Ravenous Skirge (1/1; Flying. Whenever ~ attacks, it gets +2/+0 until EOT.)
(T) Goblin Spelunkers (2/2; Mountainwalk)
(S) Citanul Hierophants (3/2; Creatures you control have: "T: Add G to your mana pool.")

Graveyard:
RFG:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep.
Island.
Attack for 2 with the Spelunkers. I'll assume no response to that (War Dance, perhaps?).
Confiscate your Disciple, using the Fertile Island to produce UU.
Done.

In Play:

(U) Forest
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2
(T) Island

War Dance (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the # of verse ctrs on ~) *5 verse ctr*
Rune of Protection: Blue (W: The next time a blue source of my choice would deal dmg this turn, prevent that dmg)

(U) Retromancer (3/3, Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, ~ deals 3 dmg to that spell's or ability's controller)
(S) Wizard Mentor (2/2, T: Return ~ and target creature I control to their owners hands)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Polluted Mire (~ comes into play tapped. T: Add B to your mana pool. Cycling 2)
(T) Island * Fertile *
(U) Island
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(T) Forest

Fertile Ground (Enchant land. Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds one mana of any color to his mana pool.)
Confiscate (Enchant permanent. You control enchanted permanent.)

(U) Citanul Hierophants (3/2; Creatures you control have: "T: Add G to your mana pool.")
(S) Disciple of Law (3/4, flying, vigilance, Pro-red) *Embraced by Serra* * Confiscated *

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
rokapoke said:
Attack for 2 with the Spelunkers. I'll assume no response to that (War Dance, perhaps?).
Heh, you wish...

Untap, upkeep - verse ctr

Monk Realist, destroying the Confiscate
Forest

Done

Hand: 8
In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2
(U) Island

War Dance (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the # of verse ctrs on ~) *6 verse ctr*

(U) Wizard Mentor (2/2, T: Return ~ and target creature I control to their owners hands)
(S) Monk Realist (1/1, When ~ CIP, destroy target enchantment)
(S) Disciple of Law (3/4, flying, vigilance, Pro-red) *Embraced by Serra*

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Island * Fertile *
(U) Island
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(T) Forest

(U) Citanul Hierophants (3/2; Creatures you control have: "T: Add G to your mana pool.")

Graveyard: Confiscate
RFG:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep.
Mountain.
Fiery Mantle, on my Ravenous Skirge.
Attack for 2 with the Spelunkers.
Done.

Spidey: 14
In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2
(U) Island

War Dance (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Target creature gets +X/+X ueot, where X is the # of verse ctrs on ~) *6 verse ctr*

(U) Wizard Mentor (2/2, T: Return ~ and target creature I control to their owners hands)
(S) Monk Realist (1/1, When ~ CIP, destroy target enchantment)
(S) Disciple of Law (3/4, flying, vigilance, Pro-red) *Embraced by Serra*

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(U) Polluted Mire (~ comes into play tapped. T: Add B to your mana pool. Cycling 2)
(U) Island * Fertile *
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(TU) Mountain x2
(T) Forest

Fiery Mantle (Enchant creature. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, return ~ to its owner's hand. R: Enchanted creature gets +1/+0 until EOT.)

(U) Ravenous Skirge (1/1; Flying. Whenever ~ attacks, it gets +2/+0 until EOT.) * Fiery *

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep - verse ctr

Attack with the Retromancer, Realist, and Disciple
Responses/blocks?

In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Island

(T) Retromancer (3/3, Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, ~ deals 3 dmg to that spell's or ability's controller)
(T) Monk Realist (1/1, When ~ CIP, destroy target enchantment)
(T) Disciple of Law (3/4, flying, vigilance, Pro-red) *Embraced by Serra*

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(U) Polluted Mire (~ comes into play tapped. T: Add B to your mana pool. Cycling 2)
(U) Island * Fertile *
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(TU) Mountain x2
(T) Forest

Fiery Mantle (Enchant creature. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, return ~ to its owner's hand. R: Enchanted creature gets +1/+0 until EOT.)

(U) Ravenous Skirge (1/1; Flying. Whenever ~ attacks, it gets +2/+0 until EOT.) * Fiery *

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Even though I said verse ctr during my upkeep, I forgot to update my ctrs on the War Dance. So it actually has 7.

Sac the War Dance to give my Disciple +7/+7. Responses?

R

rokapoke

Healing Salve myself to prevent the next 3 damage to me.

... using the Fertile Island, that is. One mana burn.

R

rokapoke

Excellent! I can prevent that mana burn!

Power Sink that bad boy, with enough to tap you out plus one. Tapped out all my lands and the Merfolk for the extra mana.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hold up. If you're tapping all of your lands plus the Merfolk, then X is 5, right? I do have enough mana to meet Power Sink 'cause I have 5 mana open. Am I seeing it right?

Before combat, you had Forest and Mt tapped. You tapped the Fertile Ground Island for the Healing Salve, leaving a blue floating. So you have 4 untapped lands left, so if you use the floating blue for Power Sink, X would be the 4 untapped lands + the Merfolk which would be 5 mana, right?

Hand: 7
In Play:

(T,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Plains x2
(T,U) Mt x2
(U) Island

(T) Retromancer (3/3, Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, ~ deals 3 dmg to that spell's or ability's controller)

Graveyard: War Dance, Symbiosis
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Island * Fertile *
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(TU) Mountain x2
(T) Forest

Graveyard: Confiscate, Healing Salve, Power Sink
RFG:

R

rokapoke

Sorry, I thought that was enough. I'll tap the Hierophants as well, and, if necessary, the Skirge would be last.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's fine.

So results of combat are: Your Merfolk die, you would have taken 11 from my guys but you Healing Salved so you end up taking 8, correct? If so, Plains, Done

In Play:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T,U) Plains x3
(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Island

RFG:

rokapoke: 11 (3?)
In Play:

(T) Island * Fertile *
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(TU) Mountain x2
(T) Forest

(T) Coral Merfolk (2/1; 0: Wave Ransac's fanny.)
(T) Citanul Hierophants (3/2; Creatures you control have: "T: Add G to your mana pool.")

Graveyard: Confiscate, Healing Salve, Power Sink, Coral Merfolk?
RFG:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep.
Mountain.
Reflexes on the Skirge.
Attack with Skirge and Spelunkers.
Responses/blocks?

n

In Play:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T,U) Plains x3
(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Island

RFG:

rokapoke: 3
Hand: 4
In Play:

(U) Island * Fertile *
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(UUT) Mountain x3
(U) Forest

Reflexes (Enchant creature. Enchanted creature has first strike.)

(T) Ravenous Skirge (1/1; Flying. Whenever ~ attacks, it gets +2/+0 until EOT.) * Fiery * * Fast Reflexes *

Graveyard: Confiscate, Healing Salve, Power Sink, Coral Merfolk
RFG:

R

rokapoke

Right then. Both critters get through, dealing 5 damage to you.
Crazed Skirge.
Argothian Swine.
Done.

In Play:

(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T,U) Plains x3
(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Island

RFG:

Hand: 2
In Play:

(T) Island * Fertile *
(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(TTT) Mountain x3
(T) Forest

(T) Ravenous Skirge (1/1; Flying. Whenever ~ attacks, it gets +2/+0 until EOT.) * Fiery * * Fast Reflexes *
(S) Crazed Skirge (2/2; Flying, haste)
(S) Argothian Swine (3/3; Trample)

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Attack with the Disciple
Responses/blocks?

In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U,U) Plains x3
(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Island

(U) Monk Realist (1/1, When ~ CIP, destroy target enchantment)
(U) Disciple of Law (3/4, flying, vigilance, Pro-red) *Embraced by Serra*

RFG:

Hand: 2
In Play:

(T) Island * Fertile *
(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(TTT) Mountain x3
(T) Forest

(S) Crazed Skirge (2/2; Flying, haste)
(S) Argothian Swine (3/3; Trample)

RFG: