Mindmaster Urza's Legacy: Rokapoke Vs Mooseman

R

rokapoke

Mooseman said:
Simian Grunts
Response?
My only response is amusement. Or I suppose bemusement fits better. Continue.

Current status: Rancored Simian Grunts attacking into you and your newly cast Standard Simian Grunts...

You have priority, as I am ready to proceed to declaration of blockers.

rokapoke: 15
Hand: 15
In Play:

(UU) Plains x2
(U) Forest
(UU) Swamp x2

Rancor (Enchanted creature has +2/+0 and trample. When Rancor is put into a graveyard from play, return Rancor to its owner's hand)

(T) Simian Grunts (5/4 Trample; Flash, Echo 2G) ** Rancored **

Graveyard:
RFG:

mooseman: 17
Hand: 11
In Play:

(U) Plains
(U) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(UU) Forest

Lurking Skirge (When a creature is put into one of your opponents' graveyards, if Lurking Skirge is an enchantment, Lurking Skirge becomes a 3/2 creature with flying that counts as an Imp.)
(Enchantment) Opal Champion (3/3 Knight, First Strike -- as soon as rokapoke casts another creature)

(T) Plague Beetle (1/1, Swampwalk)
(S) Simian Grunts (3/4; Flash, Echo 2G)

Graveyard: Goblin Medics,
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Block with Grunts
Then, If you have nothing
Silk Net on the Grunts to make them 4/5

Any responses from you before they both die?

R

rokapoke

Mooseman said:
Block with Grunts
Then, If you have nothing
Silk Net on the Grunts to make them 4/5

Any responses from you before they both die?
Absolutely... Sick and Tired targeting both of your creatures (2B, Two target creatures each get -1/-1 until EOT). So now my critter seems less "marked for death..." -- tapping one of each land, since it may matter.

Further responses?

R

rokapoke

Post-combat now. Finally. Whew. End result is 1 trample damage to you.

I tapped lands on your behalf, but if you have any 1-mana EOT spells that don't require green mana, feel free to cast one.

Done.

Hand: 12
In Play:

(TU) Plains x2
(T) Forest
(TU) Swamp x2

Rancor (Enchanted creature has +2/+0 and trample. When Rancor is put into a graveyard from play, return Rancor to its owner's hand)

Graveyard: Sick and Tired
RFG:

mooseman: 16
Hand: 9
In Play:

(U) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TT) Forest

Lurking Skirge (When a creature is put into one of your opponents' graveyards, if Lurking Skirge is an enchantment, Lurking Skirge becomes a 3/2 creature with flying that counts as an Imp.)
(Enchantment) Opal Champion (3/3 Knight, First Strike -- as soon as rokapoke casts another creature)

Graveyard: Goblin Medics, Plague Beetle, Simian Grunts, Silk Net
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap,upkeep, Swamp
Thran War Machine
Done

In Play:

(TU) Plains x2
(T) Forest
(TU) Swamp x2

RFG:

Hand: 9
In Play:

(U) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TT) Forest

Thran War Machine (4/5, Echo Thran War Machine attacks each turn if able.)

RFG:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep.
Mountain.
Attacking with the Grunts.
Blocking?

In Play:

(UU) Plains x2
(U) Forest
(UU) Swamp x2
(U) Mountain

RFG:

Hand: 8
In Play:

(U) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TT) Forest

Thran War Machine (4/5, Echo Thran War Machine attacks each turn if able.)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Sure, that worked so well last time.....

Machine blocks grunts..... Don't mind my cringing, it's a natural reflex..... :D

BTW - I have an untapped swamp from my last turn that is not on the board.... does that change your attack?

R

rokapoke

Attack unchanged... I'm ready for damage to be stacked.... You?

R

rokapoke

I'll cast About Face (R, Instant, Switch target creature's power and toughness until EOT) on my Grunts.

What can I say, I like them.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
OK, now what? Neither die? What? My creature lives through combat? Is that possible?

Wait for it.............

R

rokapoke

Mooseman said:
OK, now what? Neither die? What? My creature lives through combat? Is that possible?

Wait for it.............
If you have no further response, what happens is that damage is stacked (your 4 damage to my Grunts, my 5 damage to your contraption) and then my Grunts become a 4/5, surviving combat. Pending further responses, that is.

R

rokapoke

Post-attack, I'll finally cast that Ring of Gix.
Done.

In Play:

(UT) Plains x2
(T) Forest
(UT) Swamp x2
(T) Mountain

Ring of Gix (Echo 3; 1, T: Tap or untap target artifact, creature, or land.)

Graveyard: Sick and Tired, About Face
RFG:

Hand: 8
In Play:

(U) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TT) Forest

Graveyard: Goblin Medics, Plague Beetle, Simian Grunts, Silk Net, Thran War Machine
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
u,u, Swamp
Lone Wolf
Expendable Troops
done

In Play:

(UT) Plains x2
(T) Forest
(UT) Swamp x2
(T) Mountain

Ring of Gix (Echo 3; 1, T: Tap or untap target artifact, creature, or land.)

RFG:

Hand: 6
In Play:

(T) Plains
(UTT) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(TT) Forest

(S) Expendable Troops (2/1, T, Sacrifice Expendable Troops: Expendable Troops deals 2 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.)
(S) Lone Wolf (2/2, If Lone Wolf attacks and is blocked, you may choose to have it deal its damage to the defending player instead of to the creatures blocking it.)

Graveyard: Goblin Medics, Plague Beetle, Simian Grunts, Silk Net, Thran War Machine
RFG:

R

rokapoke

EOT, tap the Troops...

Untap, upkeep.
Island.
Send the Grunts.
I will await blocks/responses...

Hand: 10
In Play:

(UU) Plains x2
(U) Forest
(UU) Swamp x2
(U) Mountain
(U) Island

(U) Ring of Gix (Echo 3; 1, T: Tap or untap target artifact, creature, or land.)

RFG:

In Play:

(T) Plains
(UTT) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(TT) Forest

(S) Expendable Troops (2/1, T, Sacrifice Expendable Troops: Expendable Troops deals 2 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.)
(S) Lone Wolf (2/2, If Lone Wolf attacks and is blocked, you may choose to have it deal its damage to the defending player instead of to the creatures blocking it.)

RFG:

R

rokapoke

Edit: Forgot my upkeep cost (echo), sorry.

Right then. Take the 5. Done.

In Play:

(TU) Plains x2
(T) Forest
(TU) Swamp x2
(U) Mountain
(U) Island

(U) Ring of Gix (Echo 3; 1, T: Tap or untap target artifact, creature, or land.)

RFG:

mooseman: 11
In Play:

(T) Plains
(UTT) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(TT) Forest

(T) Expendable Troops (2/1, T, Sacrifice Expendable Troops: Expendable Troops deals 2 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Forgot to pay the upkeep????? what?????? Go back and pay it after combat???? Are we a bunch of kitchen table, casual players with no reverence for the rules????

er.... well, yes, I guess so......... :D

Untap, upkeep, Swamp
Phyrexian Denouncer
Done

In Play:

(TU) Plains x2
(T) Forest
(TU) Swamp x2
(U) Mountain
(U) Island

RFG:

mooseman: 11
In Play:

(U) Plains
(UUUT) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(UT) Forest

(U) Expendable Troops (2/1, T, Sacrifice Expendable Troops: Expendable Troops deals 2 damage to target attacking or blocking creature.)
(U) Lone Wolf (2/2, If Lone Wolf attacks and is blocked, you may choose to have it deal its damage to the defending player instead of to the creatures blocking it.)
(S) Phyrexian Denouncer (1/1, T, Sacrifice Phyrexian Denouncer: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.)

RFG: