Mindmaster The Dark: Spidey vs Mooseman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Rats blocked your (Scavenger) Folk. I thought you had only one type of "Folk" so I just said "Folk" :confused:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I thought you blocked the 4/4 treefolk.... Isn't that the right play?
Maybe I'm missing something.

So you take 8 (you only took 5 before, I counted the Preacher.....)
my Scavenger Folk die too

Still doing this: In your upkeep, UU to tap Dwellers

Spidey: 3
Hand: 7
In Play:

(U) Swamp
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(U) Mt
(U,U,U) Island x3

(U) Bog Rats (1/1, ~ can't be blocked by Walls)
(T) Pikemen (1/1, Banding, first strike)
(T) Murk Dwellers (2/2, If ~ attacks and is not blocked, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn.)
(T) Marsh Viper (1/2, Whenever ~ deals dmg to an opponent, that player gets 2 poison ctrs)
(S) Spitting Slug (2/4, Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked, I may pay 1G. If I do, ~ gains first strike ueot. Otherwise, each creature blocking or being blocked by ~ gains first strike ueot)

Graveyard: Inquisition, Necropolis
RFG:

Mooseman: 10
Hand: 4
In Play:

(TT) Plains
(UUT) Island
(T) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TT) Forest

Flood (UU: Target non-flying creature becomes tapped)
Brainwash (Enchanted creature can't attack unless its controller pays 3)

(T) (1/1, G, T, Sacrifice Scavenger Folk: Destroy target artifact.)
(T) Wormwood Treefolk (4/4, GG: Wormwood Treefolk gains forestwalk until end of turn and does 2 damage to you.
BB: Wormwood Treefolk gains swampwalk until end of turn and does 2 damage to you. )
(T) Preacher (1/1, You may choose not to untap Preacher during your untap step. T: Gain control of target creature of an opponent's choice that he or she controls as long as Preacher remains tapped.)
(T) Fire Drake (1/2, Flying R: +1/+0 until end of turn. You cannot spend more than R in this way each turn.)
(T) Marsh Goblins (1/1, Swampwalk) *Brainwashed*
(S) Goblin Digging Team (1/1 tap, Sacrifice Goblin Digging Team: Destroy target Wall.)
(S) Water Wurm (1/2 Water Wurm gains +0/+1 if opponent controls at least one island.)

Graveyard: Inquisition, Drowned, Standing Stones, Dust to Dust, Murk Dwellers
RFG:

B

BigBlue

Not to interrupt your game... but when you tap the preacher, you target the opponent - who chooses which creature they give you... Not saying spidey woulda done it different... but it's his choice.

I know this from experience when we played and thought the Preacher was like a really cool seasinger until we read it again...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ugh, It says that right there in the thread...... Spidey we can rewind to that point.... you never would have given me the goblin.....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I totally have been misplaying Preacher all of these years (well, thinking of how it's supposed to be played). I thought it was a "Control Magic" effect too.

Well, if you're kind enough to rewind all the way back to post #31, that's very gracious of you and I'll buy you a beer, considering that I missed it too :) So I'd give you the Bog Rats for my choice.

So backing up to that turn, I'd still band my Pikemen and Viper and attack, adding the Goblin and paying 3. I assume you still block with your Drowned and regen from the first strike dmg and it dies from the Viper dmg. Then I'd still play the Spitting Slug and an Island and end my turn.

So here's how the board would look after that turn and you can adjust your turn how you want, if anything changes (Standing Stones, Dust to Dust play, etc)

Spidey: 11
In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(U) Mt
(T,U,U) Island x3

(U) Necropolis (0/5, Defender, Remove a creature card in my graveyard from the game: Put X +0/+1 ctrs on ~, where X is the removed card's converted mana cost)
(T) Murk Dwellers (2/2, If ~ attacks and is not blocked, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn.)
(T) Marsh Viper (1/2, Whenever ~ deals dmg to an opponent, that player gets 2 poison ctrs)
(S) Spitting Slug (2/4, Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked, I may pay 1G. If I do, ~ gains first strike ueot. Otherwise, each creature blocking or being blocked by ~ gains first strike ueot)

Graveyard: Inquisition
RFG:

Mooseman: 9
Hand: 6
In Play:

(UT) Plains
(TT) Island
(T) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TT) Forest

(U) Scavenger Folk (1/1, G, T, Sacrifice Scavenger Folk: Destroy target artifact.)
(U) Pikemen (1/1, Banding, first strike)
(U) Murk Dwellers (2/2 If Murk Dwellers attacks and is not blocked, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn.)
(T) Wormwood Treefolk (4/4, GG: Wormwood Treefolk gains forestwalk until end of turn and does 2 damage to you.
BB: Wormwood Treefolk gains swampwalk until end of turn and does 2 damage to you. )
(T) Preacher (1/1, You may choose not to untap Preacher during your untap step. T: Gain control of target creature of an opponent's choice that he or she controls as long as Preacher remains tapped.)
(S) Fire Drake (1/2, Flying R: +1/+0 until end of turn. You cannot spend more than R in this way each turn.)
(S) Bog Rats (1/1, ~ can't be blocked by Walls)

Graveyard: Inquisition, Drowned
RFG:

B

BigBlue

Isn't it funny how misreading cards can go on for a long time?

Now, you don't see too many preachers running around... So it probably hasn't come up that often.

I felt a "little" bad about discovering it in our group... because one player traded hard to get a playset... then realized they weren't nearly as cool as he thought.

B

BigBlue

By the way... it's still White Control which is pretty awesome... It's just diminished...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'll block with the rats... which makes more sense
UU
Island
Standing Stones, then Dust to Dust both Artifacts
Tap Preacher for a creature...

Spidey: 11
In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(U) Mt
(T,U,U) Island x3

Graveyard: Inquisition, Necropolis
RFG:

In Play:

(TT) Plains
(UUU) Island
(T) Swamp
(UT) Mountain
(TT) Forest

(U) Scavenger Folk (1/1, G, T, Sacrifice Scavenger Folk: Destroy target artifact.)
(U) Murk Dwellers (2/2 If Murk Dwellers attacks and is not blocked, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn.)
(U) Wormwood Treefolk (4/4, GG: Wormwood Treefolk gains forestwalk until end of turn and does 2 damage to you.
(U) Fire Drake (1/2, Flying R: +1/+0 until end of turn. You cannot spend more than R in this way each turn.)
(U) Drowned (1/1, B:Regen)

Graveyard: Inquisition, Bog Rats, Standing Stones, Dust to Dust
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Updating board
attacking with all but the Viper
Block?

Goblin Digging Team
Water Wurm
Done

In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(U) Mt
(T,U,U) Island x3

(U) Spitting Slug (2/4, Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked, I may pay 1G. If I do, ~ gains first strike ueot. Otherwise, each creature blocking or being blocked by ~ gains first strike ueot)

Graveyard: Inquisition, Necropolis, Bog Rats
RFG:

Hand: 2
In Play:

(TT) Plains
(UUT) Island
(T) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TT) Forest

(T) Scavenger Folk (1/1, G, T, Sacrifice Scavenger Folk: Destroy target artifact.)
(UT) Murk Dwellers (2/2 If Murk Dwellers attacks and is not blocked, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn.)
(T) Fire Drake (1/2, Flying R: +1/+0 until end of turn. You cannot spend more than R in this way each turn.)
(T) Drowned (1/1, B:Regen)

(T) Marsh Viper (1/2, Whenever ~ deals dmg to an opponent, that player gets 2 poison ctrs)~Preached~
(S) Goblin Digging Team 1/1 tap, Sacrifice Goblin Digging Team: Destroy target Wall.
(S) Water Wurm 1/1 Water Wurm gains +0/+1 if opponent controls at least one island.

Graveyard: Inquisition, Standing Stones, Dust to Dust
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Slug blocks the Dwellers

Untap, upkeep

Swamp
Word of Binding on your two untapped guys
Declare attack
Responses?

In Play:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Mt
(T,T,U) Island x3

(U) Marsh Goblins (1/1, Swampwalk) *Brainwashed*
(U) Murk Dwellers (2/2, If ~ attacks and is not blocked, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn.)
(U) Spitting Slug (2/4, Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked, I may pay 1G. If I do, ~ gains first strike ueot. Otherwise, each creature blocking or being blocked by ~ gains first strike ueot)

Graveyard: Inquisition, Necropolis, Bog Rats, Word of Binding
RFG:

In Play:

(TT) Plains
(UUT) Island
(T) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TT) Forest

(T) Scavenger Folk (1/1, G, T, Sacrifice Scavenger Folk: Destroy target artifact.)

(T) Marsh Viper (1/2, Whenever ~ deals dmg to an opponent, that player gets 2 poison ctrs)~Preached~
(T) Goblin Digging Team 1/1 tap, Sacrifice Goblin Digging Team: Destroy target Wall.
(T) Water Wurm 1/2 Water Wurm gains +0/+1 if opponent controls at least one island.

Graveyard: Inquisition, Standing Stones, Dust to Dust, Murk Dwellers
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Null attack

Necropolis
Dark Sphere

Done

In Play:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(U) Mt
(T,T,T) Island x3

(U) Dark Sphere (T, Sac ~: The next time a source of my choice would deal dmg to me this turn, it deals half that dmg, rounded up, to me instead)

(S) Necropolis (0/5, Defender, Remove a creature card in my graveyard from the game: Put X +0/+1 ctrs on ~, where X is the removed card's converted mana cost)

RFG:

In Play:

(TT) Plains
(TTT) Island
(T) Swamp
(TT) Mountain
(TT) Forest

(T) Goblin Digging Team 1/1 tap, Sacrifice Goblin Digging Team: Destroy target Wall.
(T) Water Wurm 1/2 Water Wurm gains +0/+1 if opponent controls at least one island.

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
U (not preacher)
Upkeep
Pump Flier
Give treefolk Forestwalk (take 2)
Tap your Slug
Main phase
Attack with ALL (Except preacher of course)
Game?

In Play:

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(U) Mt
(T,T,T) Island x3

(U) Dark Sphere (T, Sac ~: The next time a source of my choice would deal dmg to me this turn, it deals half that dmg, rounded up, to me instead)

(T) Spitting Slug (2/4, Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked, I may pay 1G. If I do, ~ gains first strike ueot. Otherwise, each creature blocking or being blocked by ~ gains first strike ueot)
(S) Necropolis (0/5, Defender, Remove a creature card in my graveyard from the game: Put X +0/+1 ctrs on ~, where X is the removed card's converted mana cost)

RFG:

Mooseman: 7
In Play:

(UU) Plains
(UTT) Island
(U) Swamp
(UT) Mountain
(TT) Forest

(T) Fire Drake (2/2, Flying R: +1/+0 until end of turn. You cannot spend more than R in this way each turn.)

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, good game. You just had the better cards this time... Preacher, a regenerator, and a flier. I just had:

Erosion
Goblin Caves - should have saved a red mana for this
Riptide
Sunken City - no good when I don't have blue creatures...

I'll figure out what's next and post it...