Mindmaster Scourge: Modus Pwnens vs Ransac

M

Modus Pwnens

Accelerated Mutation on my initiate (Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the highest converted mana cost among permanents you control.), making it 5/8, paying RRR to make it 8/8, templar dies, you take 2 trample damage. Done (i've left the dragon wings in play for your raptor) :)

Modus Pwnens: 15
Hand: 7
In Play:

(T, T) Forest
(T, T) Island
(T, T, T) Mountain
(T) Plains

Dragon Fangs (Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has trample. When a creature with converted mana cost 6 or more comes into play, you may return Dragon Fangs from your graveyard to play attached to that creature.) attached to Initiate
Dragon Breath (Enchanted creature has haste. R: Enchanted creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn. When a creature with converted mana cost 6 or more comes into play, you may return Dragon Breath from your graveyard to play attached to that creature.) attached to Initiate

(T) Raven Guild Initiate (2/5, trample) *with fangs and bad breath*

Graveyard: Misguided Rage, Raven Guild Master, Carbonize, Temporal Fissure, Accelerated Mutation
RFG:

Ransac: 8
Hand: 9
In Play:

(TT) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(T) Island
(T) Forest
(T) Plains

Dragon Wings (Enchanted creature gets flying. When a creature with converted mana cost 6 or more comes into play, you may return Dragon Wings from your graveyard to play attached to that creature.) winging the Templar

Graveyard: Plains, Zombie Cutthroat, Hindering Touch, Lingering Death, Dragon Wings, Noble Templar
RFG: Aven Farseer

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Much Obliged, but I'm afraid that it's not the Raptor.

Untap, Upkeep, Forest, Twisted Abomination (with wings), done)

Modus Pwnens: 15
Hand: 7
In Play:

(T, T) Forest
(T, T) Island
(T, T, T) Mountain
(T) Plains

Dragon Fangs (Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has trample. When a creature with converted mana cost 6 or more comes into play, you may return Dragon Fangs from your graveyard to play attached to that creature.) attached to Initiate
Dragon Breath (Enchanted creature has haste. R: Enchanted creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn. When a creature with converted mana cost 6 or more comes into play, you may return Dragon Breath from your graveyard to play attached to that creature.) attached to Initiate

(T) Raven Guild Initiate (2/5, trample) *with fangs and bad breath*

Graveyard: Misguided Rage, Raven Guild Master, Carbonize, Temporal Fissure, Accelerated Mutation
RFG:

Ransac: 8
Hand: 9
In Play:

(TT) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(T) Island
(T) Forest
(T) Plains

Dragon Wings (Enchanted creature gets flying. When a creature with converted mana cost 6 or more comes into play, you may return Dragon Wings from your graveyard to play attached to that creature.) winging the Abomination

(S) Twisted Abomination (5/3, flying, B: regenerate)

Graveyard: Plains, Zombie Cutthroat, Hindering Touch, Lingering Death, Dragon Wings, Noble Templar
RFG: Aven Farseer

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

Since you played a forest, but forgot to add, may I inquire which color mana you have open? I have some idea's, but would appreciate some confirmation :)

M

Modus Pwnens

Ah well, according to my calculations, it's over, but i never know.
Untap, upkeep, plains. Swing with the Initiate. Block?

M

Modus Pwnens

Here goes.
After blocks, but before damage, I play metamorphose on your critter (Put target permanent an opponent controls on top of its owner's library. That opponent may put an artifact, creature, enchantment, or land card from his or her hand into play.), and since we're past blocking, you can no longer block with it.
After that, I play Divergent Growth (Until end of turn, lands you control gain "T Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."), which leaves me 6 red-mana producing lands, making my initiate 8/5 trample, resulting in 8 damage to your head.
Good game sir.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
And this instigates the old question about trample and blocking:

I'm assuming that you're right, but I must ask what happens. Your creature is "blocked" with trample, but the creature leaves play before damage. Does your creature now just trample through nothing OR is it blocked for all intentions blocked.

Spidey?

Ransca, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's still considered blocked, but since there isn't a creature to assign damage too, it all tramples over to the player.

M

Modus Pwnens

My pseudo-random set selector comes up with: Urza's Saga. Up for that?