Mindmaster Return to Ravnica: Spidey vs Mooseman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you're first this time so good luck! Although it's interesting that we missed last time, you were actually supposed to go first but had those booster generator problems and by the time you got it resolved, you re-flipped and I ended up going first :)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
No problem... That pack just really had no where to go and I did go first last time with Swiftwater Cliffs
I do have a basic land in my pack, do you? I have a stand by common if needed.

Plains
Dryad Militant
Done

Spidey: 20
Hand: 15
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile;
=======================================================================
Mooseman: 20
Hand: 14
Battlefield:

(T) Plains

(S) Dryad Militant (2/1, If an instant or sorcery card would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No basic land here, so use your common.

Forest
Slitherhead

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Forest

(S) Slitherhead (1/1; Scavenge 0 (0, Exile this card from my graveyard: Put a # of +1/+1 ctrs equal to this card's power on target creature. Scavenge only as a sorcery)

Graveyard:
Exile;
Battlefield:

(T) Plains

(S) Dryad Militant (2/1, If an instant or sorcery card would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UU
Island
Doorkeeper

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Forest

(S) Slitherhead (1/1; Scavenge 0 (0, Exile this card from my graveyard: Put a # of +1/+1 ctrs equal to this card's power on target creature. Scavenge only as a sorcery)

Graveyard:
Exile;
Hand: 13
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island

(S) Doorkeeper (0/4, Defender 2U,T: Target player puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard, where X is the number of creatures with defender you control.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Selesnya Guildgate

Done

Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(T) Selesnya Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool)

(U) Slitherhead (1/1; Scavenge 0 (0, Exile this card from my graveyard: Put a # of +1/+1 ctrs equal to this card's power on target creature. Scavenge only as a sorcery)

Graveyard:
Exile;
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island

(S) Doorkeeper (0/4, Defender 2U,T: Target player puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard, where X is the number of creatures with defender you control.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep

Forest
Axebane Guardian
Done

Battlefield:

(U) Forest

(U) Slitherhead (1/1; Scavenge 0 (0, Exile this card from my graveyard: Put a # of +1/+1 ctrs equal to this card's power on target creature. Scavenge only as a sorcery)

Graveyard:
Exile;
Hand: 12
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Forest

(U) Dryad Militant (2/1, If an instant or sorcery card would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.)
(U) Doorkeeper (0/4, Defender 2U,T: Target player puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard, where X is the number of creatures with defender you control.)
(S) Axebane Guardian (0/3, Defender. T: Add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of creatures with defender you control.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Island
Centaur Healer

Done

Spidey: 23
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Island

(S) Centaur Healer (3/3; When ~ ETB, I gain 3 life)

Graveyard:
Exile;
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Forest

(U) Dryad Militant (2/1, If an instant or sorcery card would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.)
(U) Doorkeeper (0/4, Defender 2U,T: Target player puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard, where X is the number of creatures with defender you control.)
(S) Axebane Guardian (0/3, Defender. T: Add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of creatures with defender you control.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep
Tap out for(getting blue form the Guardian)
Hypersonic Dragon
Attack for 4
MT
Done

Spidey: 19
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Island

(S) Centaur Healer (3/3; When ~ ETB, I gain 3 life)

Graveyard:
Exile;
Hand: 11
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(U) Mountain
(T) Forest

(T) Axebane Guardian (0/3, Defender. T: Add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of creatures with defender you control.)
(T) Hypersonic Dragon (4/4, Flying, haste You may cast sorcery spells as though they had flash. (You may cast them any time you could cast an instant.))

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice guy.

Untap, upkeep

Swamp

Done

Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Selesnya Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G or W to my mana pool)

(U) Centaur Healer (3/3; When ~ ETB, I gain 3 life)

Graveyard:
Exile;
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(U) Mountain
(T) Forest

(T) Axebane Guardian (0/3, Defender. T: Add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of creatures with defender you control.)
(T) Hypersonic Dragon (4/4, Flying, haste You may cast sorcery spells as though they had flash. (You may cast them any time you could cast an instant.))

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep

Swamp
Attack with Dragon
Response?

Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(U) Island
(U) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile;
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Swamp
(U) Island
(U) Mountain
(U) Forest

(U) Axebane Guardian (0/3, Defender. T: Add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of creatures with defender you control.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That's 4
Towering Indrik
Done

Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(U) Island
(U) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile;
Hand: 10
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(U) Mountain
(T) Forest

(U) Axebane Guardian (0/3, Defender. T: Add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is the number of creatures with defender you control.)
(S) Towering Indrik (2/4, Reach)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hold up. You know me; During Blockers, tap out and sac the Slitherhead for Launch Party on your Dragon.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All righty.

Untap, upkeep

Swamp
Drainpipe Vermin

Done

Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(U) Island
(T,U) Swamp x2

(S) Drainpipe Vermin (1/1; When ~ dies, I may pay B. If I do, target player discards a card)

Graveyard: Slitherhead (1/1; Scavenge 0 (0, Exile this card from my graveyard: Put a # of +1/+1 ctrs equal to this card's power on target creature. Scavenge only as a sorcery), Launch Party
Exile;
Mooseman: 18
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(U) Mountain
(T) Forest

(S) Towering Indrik (2/4, Reach)

Graveyard: Hypersonic Dragon
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Nice bit of trickery... :D
Launch Party is exiled by my Militant.

Untap, upkeep

Plains
Sunspire Griffin

Done

Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(U) Island
(T,U) Swamp x2

(S) Drainpipe Vermin (1/1; When ~ dies, I may pay B. If I do, target player discards a card)

Graveyard: Slitherhead (1/1; Scavenge 0 (0, Exile this card from my graveyard: Put a # of +1/+1 ctrs equal to this card's power on target creature. Scavenge only as a sorcery),
Exile: Launch Party
Hand: 9
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(T) Swamp
(U) Island
(U) Mountain
(U) Forest

(U) Towering Indrik (2/4, Reach)
(S) Sunspire Griffin (2/3, Flying)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Island
Stab Wound on your Griffin

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(U,U) Island x2
(T,U) Swamp x2

Stab Wound (Enchanted creature gets -2/-2.; At the beginning of the upkeep of the enchanted creature's controller, that player loses 2 life)

(U) Drainpipe Vermin (1/1; When ~ dies, I may pay B. If I do, target player discards a card)

Graveyard: Slitherhead (1/1; Scavenge 0 (0, Exile this card from my graveyard: Put a # of +1/+1 ctrs equal to this card's power on target creature. Scavenge only as a sorcery),
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(T) Swamp
(U) Island
(U) Mountain
(U) Forest

(S) Sunspire Griffin (0/1 from Stab Wound, Flying) *Stabbed*

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ugh.
UU
Take 2
Island
Keening Apparition
Sac Keening Apparition to destroy the stab wound
Attack for 2 flying
Slitherhead

Spidey: 17
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(U,U) Island x2
(T,U) Swamp x2

(U) Drainpipe Vermin (1/1; When ~ dies, I may pay B. If I do, target player discards a card)

Graveyard: Slitherhead (1/1; Scavenge 0 (0, Exile this card from my graveyard: Put a # of +1/+1 ctrs equal to this card's power on target creature. Scavenge only as a sorcery),Stab Wound
Mooseman: 16
Hand: 7
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(T) Swamp
(UT) Island
(U) Mountain
(U) Forest

(T) Sunspire Griffin (2/3, Flying)

Graveyard: Hypersonic Dragon, Keening Apparition
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man... had to have enchantment removal

Untap, upkeep

Mt
Scavenge the Slitherhead to target my Healer
Attack with the Healer
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 17
Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(U,U) Island x2
(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Mt

(T) Centaur Healer (4/4 from ctr; When ~ ETB, I gain 3 life) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Stab Wound
Exile: Launch Party, Slitherhead
Mooseman: 16
Hand: 7
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(T) Swamp
(UT) Island
(U) Mountain
(U) Forest

(T) Sunspire Griffin (2/3, Flying)

Graveyard: Hypersonic Dragon, Keening Apparition
Exile: