Mindmaster Odyssey: Rokapoke vs Mooseman

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Respond to Elephant with Rites of Refusal, discarding Careful Study (Yes it has a use after all)

Untap, upkeep, Forest
Done

Mooseman: 18
Hand: 10
In play:

(U) Plains
(U) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(U) Forest
(U) Seafloor Debris (~ cip tapped. T: Add U . T, Sac ~: Add one any color mana)
(U) Ravaged Highlands (~ CIP tapped. T: Add R . T, Sac ~: Add one any color mana)

(U) Hallowed Healer (1/1, T: Prevent the next 2 damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn. Threshold - T: Prevent the next 4 damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn.)
(U) Pardic Firecat (2/3, Haste If Pardic Firecat is in a graveyard, Flame Burst's effect counts it as a Flame Burst.)

Graveyard: Careful Study, Rites of Refusal
RFG:

-------------------------------------------
Rokapoke: 18
Hand: 11
In play:

(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Forest

(T) Mad Dog (2/2; At the end of your turn, if ~ didn't attack or come under your control this turn, sacrifice it.)
(T) Hallowed Healer (1/1, T: Prevent the next 2 damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn. Threshold - T: Prevent the next 4 damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn.)
(T) Aven Fisher (2/2; Flying. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, you may draw a card.)

Graveyard: Rabid Elephant
RFG:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep, Swamp.
Attack with the Dog and the Fisher.
Responses/blocks?

In play:

(U) Plains
(U) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(U) Forest
(U) Ravaged Highlands (~ CIP tapped. T: Add R . T, Sac ~: Add one any color mana)

(U) Hallowed Healer (1/1, T: Prevent the next 2 damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn. Threshold - T: Prevent the next 4 damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn.)
(U) Pardic Firecat (2/3, Haste If Pardic Firecat is in a graveyard, Flame Burst's effect counts it as a Flame Burst.)

RFG:

Hand: 11
In play:

(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Forest

(T) Mad Dog (2/2; At the end of your turn, if ~ didn't attack or come under your control this turn, sacrifice it.)
(T) Hallowed Healer (1/1, T: Prevent the next 2 damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn. Threshold - T: Prevent the next 4 damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn.)
(T) Aven Fisher (2/2; Flying. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, you may draw a card.)

RFG:

R

rokapoke

Wow, I missed a lot of stuff on my last post. I played a Swamp, which I forgot to include in my lands, which I hadn't untapped. I also didn't untap my Healer, which I will use to save my Dog. Assuming that you'll be preventing the damage to yourself from the Fisher (feel free to not do that if you so choose though), combat resolves the same as last turn.

Anarchist, targeting nothing.
Done.

In play:

(U) Plains
(U) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(U) Forest

RFG:

In play:

(TU) Swamp x2
(T) Mountain
(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Forest

(S) Anarchist (2/2; When ~ comes into play, you may return target sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Alright, you're going to send the horde to kill me
Untap, upkeep, Forest
Squirrel Nest on MT
Done

Hand: 9
In play:

(T) Plains
(U) Swamp
(U) Mountain ~Nested~
(TT) Forest

Squirrel Nest (Enchanted land has "Tap: Put a 1/1 green Squirrel creature token into play.")

RFG:

In play:

(TU) Swamp x2
(T) Mountain
(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Forest

(S) Anarchist (2/2; When ~ comes into play, you may return target sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.)

RFG:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep, Forest.
Send the non-Healers.
Responses/blocks?

In play:

(T) Plains
(U) Swamp
(U) Mountain ~Nested~
(TT) Forest

Squirrel Nest (Enchanted land has "Tap: Put a 1/1 green Squirrel creature token into play.")

RFG:

In play:

(UU) Swamp x2
(U) Mountain
(U) Plains
(U) Island
(UU) Forest x2

(T) Anarchist (2/2; When ~ comes into play, you may return target sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
as you would expect
tap island to create a rodent (1/1)
Block the dog with the cat and the other with the rodent.
if nothing changes, I'll prevent the 2 to me after damage is on the stack.

R

rokapoke

Nothing changes. At all. I'm still saving my dog.

Cartographer, targeting nothing.
Done.

In play:

(T) Plains
(U) Swamp
(T) Mountain ~Nested~
(TT) Forest

RFG:

In play:

(UT) Swamp x2
(U) Mountain
(T) Plains
(U) Island
(UT) Forest x2

(T) Anarchist (2/2; When ~ comes into play, you may return target sorcery card from your graveyard to your hand.)
(S) Cartographer (2/2; When ~ comes into play, you may return target land card from your graveyard to your hand.)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Swamp
Caustic Tar on a Forest
Done

In play:

(T) Plains
(TT) Swamp
(U) Mountain ~Nested~
(T) Forest
(U) Forest ~tarred~
(T) Seafloor Debris (~ cip tapped. T: Add U . T, Sac ~: Add one any color mana)
(T) Ravaged Highlands (~ CIP tapped. T: Add R . T, Sac ~: Add one any color mana)

Caustic Tar (Enchanted land has "Tap: Target player loses 3 life.")

RFG:

In play:

(UT) Swamp x2
(U) Mountain
(T) Plains
(U) Island
(UT) Forest x2

(S) Cartographer (2/2; When ~ comes into play, you may return target land card from your graveyard to your hand.)

RFG:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep, Plains.
Attack with the non-Healers.
I'll assume you'll stick with your same plan. If you have any changes, we can deal with that as necessary. I'm reflecting that you block the Dog, which I save. You block the Anarchist with a Squirrel. You do not block the Fisher or the Cartographer. You prevent 2 damage to yourself. End result: 2 damage to you, both Healers tap, and a squirrel is created and dies.

Post-combat, Auramancer.
Done.

Mooseman: 16
In play:

(T) Plains
(TT) Swamp
(T) Mountain ~Nested~
(T) Forest
(U) Forest ~tarred~
(T) Ravaged Highlands (~ CIP tapped. T: Add R . T, Sac ~: Add one any color mana)

RFG:

Hand: 8
In play:

(UT) Swamp x2
(U) Mountain
(UT) Plains x2
(U) Island
(UT) Forest x2

(T) Cartographer (2/2; When ~ comes into play, you may return target land card from your graveyard to your hand.)
(S) Auramancer (2/2; When ~ comes into play, you may return target enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EOT, Tap forest to do 3 to you
Untap, upkeep (which I am not keeping up with your hoard),
Island
Done

Mooseman: 16
In play:

(T) Plains
(TT) Swamp
(T) Mountain ~Nested~
(T) Forest
(U) Forest ~tarred~

RFG:

Rokapoke: 15
In play:

(UT) Swamp x2
(U) Mountain
(UT) Plains x2
(U) Island
(UT) Forest x2

(T) Cartographer (2/2; When ~ comes into play, you may return target land card from your graveyard to your hand.)
(S) Auramancer (2/2; When ~ comes into play, you may return target enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.)

RFG:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep.
Mountain.
Send all my non-Healers.
My assumption is that you block the Dog and a 2/2. I save the Dog, your Squirrel dies, you prevent 2 damage to yourself, and you take 4.
If that is all correct, I'll throw down a Zombie Assassin. If not, I reserve the right to not cast him and not necessarily be done.
Done.

Mooseman: 12
In play:

(U) Plains
(UU) Swamp
(T) Mountain ~Nested~
(U) Island
(U) Forest
(U) Forest ~tarred~

RFG:

Hand: 7
In play:

(UT) Swamp x2
(U) Mountain
(UT) Plains x2
(U) Island
(UT) Forest x2

(T) Auramancer (2/2; When ~ comes into play, you may return target enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.)
(S) Zombie Assassin (3/2; T, Remove two cards in your graveyard and ~ from the game: Destroy target nonblack creature. It can't be regenerated.)

RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EOT: Tap forest to take you down by 3, Dematerialize your Cartographer
Untap, upkeep, swamp
Fledgling Imp
Done

In play:

(U) Plains
(UTT) Swamp
(U) Mountain ~Nested~
(U) Island
(U) Forest
(U) Forest ~tarred~

(S) Fledgling Imp (2/2, B, Discard a card from your hand: Fledgling Imp gains flying until end of turn.)

RFG:

Rokapoke: 12
In play:

(UT) Swamp x2
(U) Mountain
(UT) Plains x2
(U) Island
(UT) Forest x2

(T) Auramancer (2/2; When ~ comes into play, you may return target enchantment card from your graveyard to your hand.)
(S) Zombie Assassin (3/2; T, Remove two cards in your graveyard and ~ from the game: Destroy target nonblack creature. It can't be regenerated.)

RFG:

R

rokapoke

Dematerialize, as a sorcery, could not be an EOT play. I've adjusted your mana to make it a "during your turn" play. Hope you don't mind.

Untap, upkeep.
Mountain.
Rites of Spring, targeting nothing but discarding:
- Ground Seal
- Skeletal Scrying
- Cabal Inquisitor

Attack with the Dog, Aven, Anarchist, Auramancer.
Blocks/responses?

In play:

(T) Plains
(UTT) Swamp
(U) Mountain ~Nested~
(T) Island
(T) Forest
(U) Forest ~tarred~

(S) Fledgling Imp (2/2, B, Discard a card from your hand: Fledgling Imp gains flying until end of turn.)

Graveyard: Careful Study, Rites of Refusal, Dematerialize
RFG:

Hand: 4
In play:

(UU) Swamp x2
(UU) Mountain x2
(UT) Plains x2
(U) Island
(UT) Forest x2

(U) Zombie Assassin (3/2; T, Remove two cards in your graveyard and ~ from the game: Destroy target nonblack creature. It can't be regenerated.)

Graveyard: Rabid Elephant, Rites of Spring, Ground Seal, Skeletal Scrying, Cabal Inquisitor
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Lets back it up to my turn... Since I screwed the dematerialize up badly
EOT: Tap forest to take you down by 3
Untap, upkeep, swamp
Fledgling Imp
Done

In play:

(U) Plains
(UTT) Swamp
(U) Mountain ~Nested~
(U) Island
(T) Forest
(U) Forest ~tarred~

RFG:

Hand: 7
In play:

(UT) Swamp x2
(U) Mountain
(UT) Plains x2
(U) Island
(UT) Forest x2

RFG:

R

rokapoke

Right. My turn, conveniently, won't change too much. And my life should be at 12, due to your EOT Tarring.

Untap, upkeep.
Mountain.
Rites of Spring, targeting nothing but discarding:
- Ground Seal
- Skeletal Scrying
- Cabal Inquisitor

Attack with the Dog, Aven, Anarchist, Auramancer, and Cartographer.
Blocks/responses?

In play:

(U) Plains
(UTT) Swamp
(U) Mountain ~Nested~
(U) Island
(T) Forest
(U) Forest ~tarred~

Graveyard: Careful Study, Rites of Refusal, Dematerialize
RFG:

Hand: 4
In play:

(UU) Swamp x2
(UU) Mountain x2
(UT) Plains x2
(U) Island
(UT) Forest x2

(U) Zombie Assassin (3/2; T, Remove two cards in your graveyard and ~ from the game: Destroy target nonblack creature. It can't be regenerated.)

Graveyard: Rabid Elephant, Rites of Spring, Ground Seal, Skeletal Scrying, Cabal Inquisitor
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Create a rodent, discard Cabal Shrine to the Imp pay B
lock the cartographer with rodent
block the dog with cat
block the Aven with Imp

responses? damage on stack?