Mindmaster Oath of the Gatewatch: Spidey vs Mooseman

Discussion in 'Mindmaster Games' started by Spiderman, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ugh. That didn't go so well. Legac and Drone kill each other, my Scythemaster also dies, and you take 4 from the unblocked Dark-Dwellers

Done
    Spidey: 11
    Hand: 3
    Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T,T) Mt x2
    (T) Forest
    (T,T) Island x2
    (T) Plains

(T) Seer's Lantern (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T: Scry 1)

(U) Reaver Drone (2/1; Devoid; At the beginning of my upkeep, I lose 1 life unless I control another colorless creature)
    (U) Scion Summoner (2/2; Devoid; When ~ ETB, put a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature token onto the battlefield. It has "Sac this creature: Add C to my mana pool.")
    (U) Eldrazi Drone creature token (1/1; Sac ~: Add C to my mana pool)
    (T) Maw of Kozilek (3/6 from ctr; Devoid; C: ~ gets +2/-2 ueot) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
    (U) Immobilizor Eldrazi (2/1; Devoid; 2C: Each creature with toughness greater than its power can't block this turn)
    (T) Goblin Dark-Dwellers (4/4; Menace; Whenever ~ ETB, I may cast target instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost 3 or less from my graveyard without paying its mana cost. If that card would be put into my graveyard this turn, exile it instead)

Graveyard: Gravity Negator, Saddleback Legac, Kor Scythemaster
    Exile: Sky Scourer, Expedite
    ============================================================================
    Mooseman: 11
    Hand: 6
    Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
    (TT) Swamp
    (TT) Forest
    (T) Wastes (3/3, Elemental) ~3 +1/+1~

(U) Stalking Drone (2/2,Devoid (This card has no color.) {C}: Stalking Drone gets +1/+2 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn. ({C} represents colorless mana.)
    (U) Scion Summoner (2/2; Devoid; When ~ ETB, put a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature token onto the battlefield. It has "Sac this creature: Add C to my mana pool.")
    (U) Wall of Resurgence (0/6,Defender When ~ ETB, you may put three +1/+1 counters on target land you control. If you do, that land becomes a 0/0 Elemental creature with haste that's still a land)
    (T) Linvala, the Preserver (5/5,Flying When Linvala, the Preserver enters the battlefield, if an opponent has more life than you, you gain 5 life.
    When Linvala enters the battlefield, if an opponent controls more creatures than you, put a 3/3 white Angel creature token with flying onto the battlefield. )
    (T) Angel (3/3 Flying)

Graveyard: Dazzling Reflection, Oblivion Strike, Vines of the Recluse
    Exile:
  2. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Hope I can last.
    UU
    Island
    Witness the end on you
    Attack with flyers for 8
    Done

Spidey: 3?
    Hand: 3
    Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T,T) Mt x2
    (T) Forest
    (T,T) Island x2
    (T) Plains

(T) Seer's Lantern (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T: Scry 1)

(U) Reaver Drone (2/1; Devoid; At the beginning of my upkeep, I lose 1 life unless I control another colorless creature)
    (U) Immobilizor Eldrazi (2/1; Devoid; 2C: Each creature with toughness greater than its power can't block this turn)
    (T) Goblin Dark-Dwellers (4/4; Menace; Whenever ~ ETB, I may cast target instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost 3 or less from my graveyard without paying its mana cost. If that card would be put into my graveyard this turn, exile it instead)

Exile: Sky Scourer, Expedite
    Hand: 5
    Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
    (TT) Swamp
    (U) Isalnd
    (UU) Forest
    (U) Wastes (3/3, Elemental) ~3 +1/+1~

(U) Stalking Drone (2/2,Devoid (This card has no color.) {C}: Stalking Drone gets +1/+2 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn. ({C} represents colorless mana.)
    (U) Wall of Resurgence (0/6,Defender When ~ ETB, you may put three +1/+1 counters on target land you control. If you do, that land becomes a 0/0 Elemental creature with haste that's still a land)
    (T) Linvala, the Preserver (5/5,Flying When Linvala, the Preserver enters the battlefield, if an opponent has more life than you, you gain 5 life.
    When Linvala enters the battlefield, if an opponent controls more creatures than you, put a 3/3 white Angel creature token with flying onto the battlefield. )
    (T) Angel (3/3 Flying)

Exile:
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I think you've got this.

I exile Comparative Analysis and Eldrazi Aggressor.

So it looks like this is it.

Untap, upkeep

Rolling Waters your Linvala and Angel token
    Responses?

Spidey: 3
    Hand: 0
    Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T,T) Mt x2
    (T) Forest
    (T,T) Island x2
    (T) Plains

(U) Seer's Lantern (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T: Scry 1)

(U) Maw of Kozilek (3/6 from ctr; Devoid; C: ~ gets +2/-2 ueot) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
    (U) Goblin Dark-Dwellers (4/4; Menace; Whenever ~ ETB, I may cast target instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost 3 or less from my graveyard without paying its mana cost. If that card would be put into my graveyard this turn, exile it instead)

Exile: Sky Scourer, Expedite, Comparative Analysis, Eldrazi Aggressor
    Hand: 5
    Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
    (TT) Swamp
    (U) Isalnd
    (UU) Forest

(T) Angel (3/3 Flying)

Exile:
  4. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Forest
    Declare Attack
    Responses?

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T,T) Mt x2
    (T) Forest
    (T,T) Island x2
    (T) Plains
    (U) Forest

(U) Maw of Kozilek (3/6 from ctr; Devoid; C: ~ gets +2/-2 ueot) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
    (U) Goblin Dark-Dwellers (4/4; Menace; Whenever ~ ETB, I may cast target instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost 3 or less from my graveyard without paying its mana cost. If that card would be put into my graveyard this turn, exile it instead)

Hand: 6 (Linvala)
    Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
    (TT) Swamp
    (U) Isalnd
    (UU) Forest

Exile:
  6. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Attack with Maw and Dark-Dwellers
    Responses/blocks?

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
    (T,T) Mt x2
    (T) Forest
    (T,T) Island x2
    (T) Plains
    (U) Forest

Hand: 6 (Linvala)
    Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
    (TT) Swamp
    (U) Isalnd
    (UU) Forest

Exile:
  8. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Elemental Uprising on my Island
    Blocks Goblin with Scion Summoner
    Wall block Maw

BTW - I am off to GP Columbus until next week.
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Goblin has Menace, has to be blocked by at least two creatures.

Ok about GP Columbus, have fun!
  10. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

4/4 land and scion block Goblin There was a return in the middle of that sentence
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ha, that makes more sense :) G to pump my Maw, responses?
  12. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Lantern to pump it again, responses? If not, damage resolves?
  14. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Don't you need C to pump the Maw?
    From the Comprehensive Rules (Shadows over Innistrad (April 8, 2016))
    107.4c The colorless mana symbol {C} is used to represent one colorless mana, and also to represent a cost that can be paid only with one colorless mana.
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

The Lantern does provide C.

But I thought the basic rules of color mana didn't change in that you could still use it to pay a colorless cost, just as before the mana symbol C was introduced. All I thought changed was that a specific C mana was introduced and couldn't be used for a color (without going through some transformer like an old artifact - something Prism? which I forget offhand).
  16. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

I am fairly sure that "C" costs can only be paid with colorless, but "1" costs can be paid with any mana.
  17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ah, that makes sense. Well, as I said, the Lantern does provide C, just the first time I (tried to) pump it using the Forest wouldn't work. So I'll sac the Eldrazi Drone creature token instead for the C.
  18. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Okay, no response. Just wanted you to lose the token.
  19. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Must be a master plan... so dmg resolves?
  20. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

damage resolves