Mindmaster Oath of the Gatewatch: Spidey vs Mooseman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh. That didn't go so well. Legac and Drone kill each other, my Scythemaster also dies, and you take 4 from the unblocked Dark-Dwellers

Done
Spidey: 11
Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Forest
(T,T) Island x2
(T) Plains

(T) Seer's Lantern (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T: Scry 1)

(U) Reaver Drone (2/1; Devoid; At the beginning of my upkeep, I lose 1 life unless I control another colorless creature)
(U) Scion Summoner (2/2; Devoid; When ~ ETB, put a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature token onto the battlefield. It has "Sac this creature: Add C to my mana pool.")
(U) Eldrazi Drone creature token (1/1; Sac ~: Add C to my mana pool)
(T) Maw of Kozilek (3/6 from ctr; Devoid; C: ~ gets +2/-2 ueot) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Immobilizor Eldrazi (2/1; Devoid; 2C: Each creature with toughness greater than its power can't block this turn)
(T) Goblin Dark-Dwellers (4/4; Menace; Whenever ~ ETB, I may cast target instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost 3 or less from my graveyard without paying its mana cost. If that card would be put into my graveyard this turn, exile it instead)

Graveyard: Gravity Negator, Saddleback Legac, Kor Scythemaster
Exile: Sky Scourer, Expedite
============================================================================
Mooseman: 11
Hand: 6
Battlefield:

(UT) Plains
(TT) Swamp
(TT) Forest
(T) Wastes (3/3, Elemental) ~3 +1/+1~

(U) Stalking Drone (2/2,Devoid (This card has no color.) {C}: Stalking Drone gets +1/+2 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn. ({C} represents colorless mana.)
(U) Scion Summoner (2/2; Devoid; When ~ ETB, put a 1/1 colorless Eldrazi Scion creature token onto the battlefield. It has "Sac this creature: Add C to my mana pool.")
(U) Wall of Resurgence (0/6,Defender When ~ ETB, you may put three +1/+1 counters on target land you control. If you do, that land becomes a 0/0 Elemental creature with haste that's still a land)
(T) Linvala, the Preserver (5/5,Flying When Linvala, the Preserver enters the battlefield, if an opponent has more life than you, you gain 5 life.
When Linvala enters the battlefield, if an opponent controls more creatures than you, put a 3/3 white Angel creature token with flying onto the battlefield. )
(T) Angel (3/3 Flying)

Graveyard: Dazzling Reflection, Oblivion Strike, Vines of the Recluse
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Hope I can last.
UU
Island
Witness the end on you
Attack with flyers for 8
Done

Spidey: 3?
Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Forest
(T,T) Island x2
(T) Plains

(T) Seer's Lantern (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T: Scry 1)

(U) Reaver Drone (2/1; Devoid; At the beginning of my upkeep, I lose 1 life unless I control another colorless creature)
(U) Immobilizor Eldrazi (2/1; Devoid; 2C: Each creature with toughness greater than its power can't block this turn)
(T) Goblin Dark-Dwellers (4/4; Menace; Whenever ~ ETB, I may cast target instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost 3 or less from my graveyard without paying its mana cost. If that card would be put into my graveyard this turn, exile it instead)

Exile: Sky Scourer, Expedite
Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(TT) Swamp
(U) Isalnd
(UU) Forest
(U) Wastes (3/3, Elemental) ~3 +1/+1~

(U) Stalking Drone (2/2,Devoid (This card has no color.) {C}: Stalking Drone gets +1/+2 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn. ({C} represents colorless mana.)
(U) Wall of Resurgence (0/6,Defender When ~ ETB, you may put three +1/+1 counters on target land you control. If you do, that land becomes a 0/0 Elemental creature with haste that's still a land)
(T) Linvala, the Preserver (5/5,Flying When Linvala, the Preserver enters the battlefield, if an opponent has more life than you, you gain 5 life.
When Linvala enters the battlefield, if an opponent controls more creatures than you, put a 3/3 white Angel creature token with flying onto the battlefield. )
(T) Angel (3/3 Flying)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think you've got this.

I exile Comparative Analysis and Eldrazi Aggressor.

So it looks like this is it.

Untap, upkeep

Rolling Waters your Linvala and Angel token
Responses?

Spidey: 3
Hand: 0
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Forest
(T,T) Island x2
(T) Plains

(U) Seer's Lantern (T: Add C to my mana pool.; 2, T: Scry 1)

(U) Maw of Kozilek (3/6 from ctr; Devoid; C: ~ gets +2/-2 ueot) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Goblin Dark-Dwellers (4/4; Menace; Whenever ~ ETB, I may cast target instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost 3 or less from my graveyard without paying its mana cost. If that card would be put into my graveyard this turn, exile it instead)

Exile: Sky Scourer, Expedite, Comparative Analysis, Eldrazi Aggressor
Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(TT) Swamp
(U) Isalnd
(UU) Forest

(T) Angel (3/3 Flying)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Forest
Declare Attack
Responses?

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Forest
(T,T) Island x2
(T) Plains
(U) Forest

(U) Maw of Kozilek (3/6 from ctr; Devoid; C: ~ gets +2/-2 ueot) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Goblin Dark-Dwellers (4/4; Menace; Whenever ~ ETB, I may cast target instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost 3 or less from my graveyard without paying its mana cost. If that card would be put into my graveyard this turn, exile it instead)

Hand: 6 (Linvala)
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(TT) Swamp
(U) Isalnd
(UU) Forest

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Attack with Maw and Dark-Dwellers
Responses/blocks?

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Forest
(T,T) Island x2
(T) Plains
(U) Forest

Hand: 6 (Linvala)
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(TT) Swamp
(U) Isalnd
(UU) Forest

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Elemental Uprising on my Island
Blocks Goblin with Scion Summoner
Wall block Maw

BTW - I am off to GP Columbus until next week.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Goblin has Menace, has to be blocked by at least two creatures.

Ok about GP Columbus, have fun!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The Lantern does provide C.

But I thought the basic rules of color mana didn't change in that you could still use it to pay a colorless cost, just as before the mana symbol C was introduced. All I thought changed was that a specific C mana was introduced and couldn't be used for a color (without going through some transformer like an old artifact - something Prism? which I forget offhand).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I am fairly sure that "C" costs can only be paid with colorless, but "1" costs can be paid with any mana.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, that makes sense. Well, as I said, the Lantern does provide C, just the first time I (tried to) pump it using the Forest wouldn't work. So I'll sac the Eldrazi Drone creature token instead for the C.