Mindmaster Mercadian Masques: Spidey vs rokapoke

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dmg on stack, I'll pay U to return the Merfolk to my hand.

So you lose the Dryad

Squallmonger
Responses?

Spidey: 10
Hand: 4
In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T,U) Plains x2
(T,U) Island x2
(T) Mt
(T,U) Forest x2

(T) Rishadan Airship (3/1, flying, ~ can block only creatures with flying) * Really thirsty *
(T) Lumbering Satyr (5/4, All creatures have Forestwalk)
(S) Squallmonger[/color[ (3/3, 2: ~ deals 1 dmg to each creature with flying and each player. Any player may play this ability)

Graveyard: Wild Jhovall, Tranquility, Misshapen Fiend, Gerrard's Irregulars, Forest, Drake Hatchling, Ramosian Rally, Silverglade Elemental, Horned Troll, Muzzle
RFG:
----------------------------------------------
rokapoke: 5
Hand: 1
In Play:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(T) Peat Bog (Comes into play tapped with two depletion counters on it. T, Remove a depletion counter: Add BB to your mana pool. If there are no depletion counters on ~, sacrifice it.) *1 depletion ctrs*
(U) Remote Farm (Comes into play tapped with two depletion counters on it. T, Remove a depletion counter: Add WW to your mana pool. If there are no depletion counters on ~, sacrifice it.) *2 depletion ctrs*
(U) Henge of Ramos (T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 2, T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)

(U) Puffer Extract (X, T: Target creature you control gets +X/+X until EOT. Destroy it at EOT.)
Sustenance (1, Sacrifice a land: Target creature gets +1/+1 until EOT.)
Dehydration (Enchant creature. Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.)

(U) Ramosian Lieutenant (1/2; 4, T: Search your library for a Rebel permanent card with converted mana cost 3 or less and put that card into play. Then shuffle your library.)
(T) Nightwind Glider (2/1; Flying, pro-black.)
(T) Giant Caterpillar (3/3; G, Sacrifice ~: Put a 1/1 green Insect creature token with flying named Butterfly into play at EOT.)

Graveyard: Flaming Sword, Mountain, Thunderclap, Stone Rain, Invigorate, Forest, Forest, Forest, Plains, Mountain, Rushwood Dryad
RFG:

R

rokapoke

No response.

... though if you intend to use the Squallmonger, I'll tap my Henge and sacrifice my Island to save my Glider.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, actually, I was gonna put out an Island and THEN tap WU to use the 'monger. So you're doing the above in response?

R

rokapoke

If you're putting down a land first, I'd tap the Farm for the mana. Island gets sacrificed. I'll float the other mana pending other activity.

R

rokapoke

Right, putting land down doesn't use the stack. I was saying that my use of the Sustenance ability is dependent upon you using the Squallmonger. So, when you play a land and then put Squallmonger's ability on the stack, I tap my Farm for WW and sacrifice my Island, stacking my Sustenance on top of your first Squallmonger activation.

STACK:
(Last in) Rokapoke's Sustenance
(First out) Spiderman's Squallmonger

Shall we pick things back up from there?

(For the sake of clarification, when it seemed as though I were "responding" to your Island placement, this is what I meant: Rather than my aforementioned plan to tap the Henge for 1 mana, I'm tapping the Farm for 2 mana. My meaning was just to indicate the change in plans, not to "respond" to the land being played.)

R

rokapoke

I'll use my floating W to sacrifice my Swamp to the Sustenance. I'm really hoping you don't have any alternate-casting-cost removal up your sleeve...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
:D

I be done

Spidey: 8
In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T,T) Island x3
(T) Mt
(T,T) Forest x2

(S) Squallmonger[/color[ (3/3, 2: ~ deals 1 dmg to each creature with flying and each player. Any player may play this ability)

Graveyard: Wild Jhovall, Tranquility, Misshapen Fiend, Gerrard's Irregulars, Forest, Drake Hatchling, Ramosian Rally, Silverglade Elemental, Horned Troll, Muzzle, Rishadan Airship
RFG:
rokapoke: 3
In Play:

(T) Peat Bog (Comes into play tapped with two depletion counters on it. T, Remove a depletion counter: Add BB to your mana pool. If there are no depletion counters on ~, sacrifice it.) *1 depletion ctrs*
(T) Remote Farm (Comes into play tapped with two depletion counters on it. T, Remove a depletion counter: Add WW to your mana pool. If there are no depletion counters on ~, sacrifice it.) *1 depletion ctrs*
(U) Henge of Ramos (T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 2, T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)

(U) Puffer Extract (X, T: Target creature you control gets +X/+X until EOT. Destroy it at EOT.)

(U) Ramosian Lieutenant (1/2; 4, T: Search your library for a Rebel permanent card with converted mana cost 3 or less and put that card into play. Then shuffle your library.)
(T) Giant Caterpillar (3/3; G, Sacrifice ~: Put a 1/1 green Insect creature token with flying named Butterfly into play at EOT.)

Graveyard: Flaming Sword, Mountain, Thunderclap, Stone Rain, Invigorate, Forest, Forest, Forest, Plains, Mountain, Rushwood Dryad, Island, Swamp, Dehydration
RFG:

R

rokapoke

All righty! Win, lose, or draw, right now!
Untap, upkeep.
Swamp.
Tap the Peat Bog for BB and the Remote Farm for WW. This removes the last depletion counters, sending them to my graveyard (as I'm not responding to the triggers).
Put the four mana into my Puffer Extract, tap it targeting my Lieutenant (+4/+4).
Attack with all 3 creatures.
Responses? Game?

Spidey: 8
In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T,T) Island x3
(T) Mt
(T,T) Forest x2

(S) Squallmonger (3/3, 2: ~ deals 1 dmg to each creature with flying and each player. Any player may play this ability)

Graveyard: Wild Jhovall, Tranquility, Misshapen Fiend, Gerrard's Irregulars, Forest, Drake Hatchling, Ramosian Rally, Silverglade Elemental, Horned Troll, Muzzle, Rishadan Airship
RFG:
rokapoke: 3
In Play:

(T) Peat Bog (Comes into play tapped with two depletion counters on it. T, Remove a depletion counter: Add BB to your mana pool. If there are no depletion counters on ~, sacrifice it.) *0 depletion ctrs* -- GONE
(T) Remote Farm (Comes into play tapped with two depletion counters on it. T, Remove a depletion counter: Add WW to your mana pool. If there are no depletion counters on ~, sacrifice it.) *0 depletion ctrs* -- GONE
(U) Swamp

(T) Puffer Extract (X, T: Target creature you control gets +X/+X until EOT. Destroy it at EOT.)

(T) Ramosian Lieutenant (5/6; 4, T: Search your library for a Rebel permanent card with converted mana cost 3 or less and put that card into play. Then shuffle your library.)

Graveyard: Flaming Sword, Mountain, Thunderclap, Stone Rain, Invigorate, Forest, Forest, Forest, Plains, Mountain, Rushwood Dryad, Island, Swamp, Dehydration, Peat Bog, Remote Farm
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's game. I gots nothing. Good one!

Man, I knew the Satyr was a mistake, but I couldn't stop the Sustenence/Puffer combo with the Glider and other creatures you had.

I think my hand was off by one, as besides the Merfolk, I had:

Leyline (helps you more, I think)
Spiritual Focus (my useless rare)

Onto Nemesis?

R

rokapoke

Nemesis indeed.

My last card was also a "useless" rare, but only because of the content of my pack... Midnight Ritual. I really wish I had gotten more than FOUR creatures to go along with that. But I suppose that it turned out okay.