Mindmaster M14: Spidey vs Mooseman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I actually didn't have an R free for the Negate, so it had to be a B. But I guess it doesn't matter too much; in response to Griptide, I'll tap out and sac the Spy to use my Zombie's ability on you.

So I guess now it's a race? :)

Untap, upkeep

Attack with the Messenger for 3

Done

Spidey: 19
Hand: 1
Library:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Mt
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U) Forest

(U) Vial of Poison (1, Sac ~: Target creature gains deathtouch ueot)

(U) Gnawing Zombie (1/3; 1B, Sac a creature: Target player loses 1 life and I gain 1 life)
(U) Canyon Minotaur (3/3)
(T) Messenger Drake (3/3; Flying; When ~ dies, draw a card)

Graveyard: Soulmender, Mind Rot, Deathgaze Cockatrice, Quag Sickness, Oath of the Ancient Wood, Angelic Wall, Merfolk Spy
Exile: Fleshpulper Giant (Psychic Intrusion)
=======================================================================
Mooseman: 9
Hand: (Omenspeaker)
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TTT) Swamp x2
(TT) Island x2
(T) Mountain
(TT) Forest x2

(U) Scholar of Athreos (1/4, 2B: Each opponent loses 1 life. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.)
(U) Agent of Horizons (3/2, {2}{U}: Agent of Horizons can't be blocked this turn.)

Graveyard:Time to Feed, Swamp, Coordinated Assault, Dark Betrayal, Traveler's Amulet, Psychic Intrusion, Leafcrown Dryad, Ray of Dissolution, Crackling Triton, March of the Returned, Glare of Heresy, Griptide
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
No problems
UU
Last free land will be a Swamp
Omenspeaker
Scholar's ability 3 times

Done

Spidey: 16
Library:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Mt
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U) Forest

(U) Gnawing Zombie (1/3; 1B, Sac a creature: Target player loses 1 life and I gain 1 life)

Graveyard: Soulmender, Mind Rot, Deathgaze Cockatrice, Quag Sickness, Oath of the Ancient Wood, Angelic Wall, Merfolk Spy
Mooseman: 12
Hand:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TTTT) Swamp x2
(TT) Island x2
(T) Mountain
(TT) Forest x2

(U) Scholar of Athreos (1/4, 2B: Each opponent loses 1 life. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.)
(U) Agent of Horizons (3/2, {2}{U}: Agent of Horizons can't be blocked this turn.)
(S) Omenspeaker ( 1/3)

Graveyard:Time to Feed, Swamp, Coordinated Assault, Dark Betrayal, Traveler's Amulet, Psychic Intrusion, Leafcrown Dryad, Ray of Dissolution, Crackling Triton, March of the Returned, Glare of Heresy, Griptide
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Attack with the Drake for 3

Done

Spidey: 16
Library:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Mt
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U) Forest

Mooseman: 9
Hand:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TTTT) Swamp x2
(TT) Island x2
(T) Mountain
(TT) Forest x2

(S) Omenspeaker ( 1/3)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep

Cast Fleshpulper Giant
Run the Scholar once
Done

Spidey: 15
Library:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Mt
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U) Forest

Mooseman: 10
Hand:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TTTT) Swamp x2
(UT) Island x2
(T) Mountain
(TT) Forest x2

(S) Omenspeaker ( 1/3)
(S) Fleshpulper Giant (4/4, When Fleshpulper Giant enters the battlefield, you may destroy target creature with toughness 2 or less. )

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
And there he is...

Untap, upkeep

Hive Stirrings

Done

Spidey: 15
Hand: 0
Library:
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Mt
(T,T,U) Island x3
(U) Forest

(S) Sliver creature token (1/1)

Exile:
Mooseman: 7
Hand:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TTTT) Swamp x2
(UT) Island x2
(T) Mountain
(TT) Forest x2

(S) Omenspeaker ( 1/3)
(S) Fleshpulper Giant (4/4, When Fleshpulper Giant enters the battlefield, you may destroy target creature with toughness 2 or less. )

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep
Run the Scholar 3 times

Done

Spidey: 12
Library:
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(U,U) Swamp x2
(U) Mt
(T,T,U) Island x3
(U) Forest

Exile:
Hand:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TTTT) Swamp x2
(UT) Island x2
(T) Mountain
(UT) Forest x2

(S) Omenspeaker ( 1/3)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Swamp

Done

Spidey: 12
Library:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U) Mt
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U) Forest

(U) Sliver creature token (1/1)

Exile:
Hand:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TTTT) Swamp x2
(UT) Island x2
(T) Mountain
(UT) Forest x2

(S) Omenspeaker ( 1/3)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep
Do the Scholar dance for 3

Done

Spidey: 9
Library:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U) Mt
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U) Forest

Exile:
Hand:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TTTT) Swamp x2
(UT) Island x2
(T) Mountain
(UT) Forest x2

(S) Omenspeaker ( 1/3)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I see the writing on the wall...

Untap, upkeep

Swamp
Attack with all
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 9
Library:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U,U,U,U) Swamp x4
(U) Mt
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U) Forest

(T) Gnawing Zombie (1/3; 1B, Sac a creature: Target player loses 1 life and I gain 1 life)
(T) Canyon Minotaur (3/3)
(T) Sliver creature token (1/1)

Exile:
Hand:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TTTT) Swamp x2
(UT) Island x2
(T) Mountain
(UT) Forest x2

(S) Omenspeaker ( 1/3)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yeah, I thought would do it last turn
Giant blocks the Minotaur
Agent Blocks the Zombie
Omenspeaker blocks one token
Drake and one token are unblocked
Since neither of us have cards in hand
I think this is over and out

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I probably should have.

U and sac the Vial to give deathtouch to my Minotaur.
BR and sac the blocked token for you to lose a life and I gain a life.
BU and sac the Zombie for you to lose a life and I gain a life

You take 4 from the unblocked creatures, Minotaur and Giant die

Done

Spidey: 11
Library:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4
(T) Mt
(T,T,U) Island x3
(U) Forest

Graveyard: Soulmender, Mind Rot, Deathgaze Cockatrice, Quag Sickness, Oath of the Ancient Wood, Angelic Wall, Merfolk Spy, Vial of Poison, Gnawing Zombie, Canyon Minotaur, Fleshpulper Giant
Exile:
Mooseman: 4
Hand:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TTTT) Swamp x2
(UT) Island x2
(T) Mountain
(UT) Forest x2

(S) Omenspeaker ( 1/3)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UU
Do the Scholar dance for 3
Alpha strike for 5

Done

Spidey: 3
Library:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(T,T,U,U) Swamp x4
(T) Mt
(T,T,U) Island x3
(U) Forest

Graveyard: Soulmender, Mind Rot, Deathgaze Cockatrice, Quag Sickness, Oath of the Ancient Wood, Angelic Wall, Merfolk Spy, Vial of Poison, Gnawing Zombie, Canyon Minotaur, Fleshpulper Giant
Exile:
Hand:
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains x2
(TTTT) Swamp x2
(UT) Island x2
(T) Mountain
(UT) Forest x2

(T) Scholar of Athreos (1/4, 2B: Each opponent loses 1 life. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.)
(T) Agent of Horizons (3/2, {2}{U}: Agent of Horizons can't be blocked this turn.)
(T) Omenspeaker ( 1/3)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll concede. Good game! I realized your Scholar was negating my Drake damage - that Griptide on my Spy was the game-changer.

I'll see what's next...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I needed to entice you to negate one of my other non-creature spells, so that I could use the Griptide...... Looking at your hand was the only way I was going to win that one.... I had few creatures in that pack
That was still close.