Mindmaster Judgement: Spidey vs Limited

L

Limited

Tap UG for Grip of Amnesia (Counter target spell unless its controller removes his or her graveyard from the game)

Resolves?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cripes... why do you get all of the counters?

I'll remove my graveyard from the game so I can get my Exorcist.

L

Limited

Okay, you get it :(

You done?

Limited: 12
Handsize: 7
In play:

(TT) Plains
(UT) Island
(T) Swamp
(T) Forest

(T) Trained Pronghorn (1/1) [Discard a card: Prevent all damage that would be dealt to ~ this turn]
(T) Battlewise Aven (3/3) [Flying. Threshold: +1/+1 and first strike] *+1/+1 counter*
(S) Vigilant Sentry (2/2) [Threshold: ~ gets +1/+1 and has "{T}: Target attacking or blocking creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn."]

Graveyard: Cabal Trainee, Nullmage Shepherd, Envelop, Ironshell Beetle, Grip of Amnesia
RFG:

Spiderman: 9
Handsize: 8
In play

(T) Swamp
(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Mt
(T) Forest

(U) Trained Pronghorn (1/1) [Discard a card: Prevent all damage that would be dealt to ~ this turn]
(U) Battlewise Aven (2/2) [Flying. Threshold: +1/+1 and first strike]
(S) Selfless Exorcist (3/4, T: remove target creature card from a graveyard from the game. That card deals dmg equal to its power to ~ (a * on a card not in play is 0)

Graveyard:
RFG: Dwarven Scorcher, Cabal Trainee, Barbarian Bully, Battle Screech

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Play a Forest and then Done.

In play:

(TT) Plains
(UT) Island
(T) Swamp
(T) Forest

(T) Trained Pronghorn (1/1) [Discard a card: Prevent all damage that would be dealt to ~ this turn]
(T) Battlewise Aven (3/3) [Flying. Threshold: +1/+1 and first strike] *+1/+1 counter*
(S) Vigilant Sentry (2/2) [Threshold: ~ gets +1/+1 and has "{T}: Target attacking or blocking creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn."]

Graveyard: Cabal Trainee, Nullmage Shepherd, Envelop, Ironshell Beetle, Grip of Amnesia
RFG:

In play

(T) Swamp
(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Mt
(T,U) Forest x2

(U) Trained Pronghorn (1/1) [Discard a card: Prevent all damage that would be dealt to ~ this turn]
(S) Selfless Exorcist (3/4, T: remove target creature card from a graveyard from the game. That card deals dmg equal to its power to ~ (a * on a card not in play is 0)

Graveyard:

L

Limited

Untap, upkeep

Attack with Aven.

Blocks? Responses?

In play:

(UU) Plains
(UU) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Forest

(U) Vigilant Sentry (2/2) [Threshold: ~ gets +1/+1 and has "{T}: Target attacking or blocking creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn."]

RFG:

In play

(T) Swamp
(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Mt
(T,U) Forest x2

Graveyard:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My response (to the Declaration of Attackers) is to tap out to cast Canopy Claws on it. Responses to it?

L

Limited

I'll discard a Browbeat and a Krosan Verge to my Pronghorn, so that I have Threshold.

First strike damage on the stack?

L

Limited

Yep, he dies.

Forest.

Done.

Handsize: 5
In play:

(UU) Plains
(UU) Island
(U) Swamp
(UU) Forest

(U) Vigilant Sentry (2/2) [Threshold: ~ gets +1/+1 and has "T: Target attacking or blocking creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn."]

Graveyard: Cabal Trainee, Nullmage Shepherd, Envelop, Ironshell Beetle, Grip of Amnesia, Browbeat, Krosan Verge
RFG:

In play

(T) Swamp
(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Mt
(T,U) Forest x2

Graveyard: Selfless Exorcist

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Swamp
Tap out for Rat's Feast, targeting all cards in your graveyard except the Trainee. Responses?

Handsize: 5
In play:

(UU) Plains
(UU) Island
(U) Swamp
(UU) Forest

(U) Vigilant Sentry (2/2) [Threshold: ~ gets +1/+1 and has "T: Target attacking or blocking creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn."]

Graveyard: Cabal Trainee, Nullmage Shepherd, Envelop, Ironshell Beetle, Grip of Amnesia, Browbeat, Krosan Verge
RFG:

In play

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Mt
(T,T) Forest x2

Graveyard: Selfless Exorcist, Rat's Feast

L

Limited

In response, I'll tap the Sentry to make the Pronghorn 4/4 and I'll play Funeral Pyre on Envelop, giving myself an 1/1 token.

Then, Rat's Feast can resolve.

You done?

Handsize: 5 (4?)
In play:

(UT) Plains
(UU) Island
(U) Swamp
(UU) Forest

(U) Trained Pronghorn (1/1) [Discard a card: Prevent all damage that would be dealt to ~ this turn] 4/4
(T) Vigilant Sentry (2/2) [Threshold: ~ gets +1/+1 and has "T: Target attacking or blocking creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn."]
(S) Spirit Token (1/1) [Flying]

Graveyard: Cabal Trainee, Funeral Pyre
RFG: Nullmage Shepherd, Envelop, Ironshell Beetle, Grip of Amnesia, Browbeat, Krosan Verge

Handsize: 6
In play

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Mt
(T,T) Forest x2

Graveyard: Canopy Claws, Selfless Exorcist, Rat's Feast

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just checking, you have 4 cards in hand now, right? I corrected mine to 6 cards and to show Canopy Claws in my graveyard.

My Aven will attack for 2 and will be done after that.

L

Limited

I take two (and my handsize is indeed four).

Untap, Upkeep

Discard Wonder to my Pronghorn.

Attack with everything.

Blocks? Responses?

Limited: 10
Handsize: 3
In play:

(UU) Plains
(UU) Island
(U) Swamp
(UU) Forest

(T) Vigilant Sentry (2/2) [Threshold: ~ gets +1/+1 and has "T: Target attacking or blocking creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn."]
(T) Spirit Token (1/1) [Flying]

Graveyard: Cabal Trainee, Funeral Pyre, Wonder
RFG: Nullmage Shepherd, Envelop, Ironshell Beetle, Grip of Amnesia, Browbeat, Krosan Verge

Handsize: 6
In play

(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Mt
(T,T) Forest x2

(T) Battlewise Aven (2/2) [Flying. Threshold: +1/+1 and first strike]

Graveyard: Canopy Claws, Selfless Exorcist, Rat's Feast

L

Limited

Before damage is put on the stack, I'll pay 3G to cast Sudden Strength on the Pronghorn.

You die?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Geez... yep. Good game!

I probably should have held back my Aven but I thought I could withstand another attack :)

The rest of my hand:

Venomous Vines
Goretusk Firebeast
Funeral Pyre
Folk Medicine
Soulgouger Orgg
Planar Chaos