Mindmaster Dominaria: Spidey vs Mooseman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Isn't that exactly the same as if the player with The Mending of Dominaria had an empty library anyway? You'd still get a Reanimate out of Chapter I and Chapter II, assuming that you had a way to avoid losing from trying to draw from an empty library.
Yeah, pretty much. The "thing" about Mindmaster is that you don't lose from not being able to draw because you don't start with libraries.

Not sure what you guys do about Chapter III though, if the idea is that you don't ever have libraries at all. Has this ever come up before? What happens with Time Ebb?

You can have libraries if any cards put cards in the library, like Chapter 3. You just don't start out with libraries. And then once you do have a library, any cards dealing with it no longer become useless (well, depending on the effect of course).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
We have a library, but you don't draw a card on the draw step or lose for not being able to draw.
The only way to draw a card (which could be put there via spell, or ability) is via a spell or ability.
So, yeah the saga gets a lore counter and Archer get's a counter

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All righty. Moving forward....

Untap, upkeep

Plains
Dub on the Scholar
Attack with the Goblin and Scholar
Responses/blocks/take it?

Spidey: 20
Hand: 9
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(U) Mt
(T) Island
(T) Forest
(T,U) Plains

Dub (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has first strike, and is a Knight in addition to its other types)

(U) Weatherlight (4/5; Flying; library ability; Crew 3)

(T,A) Bloodstone Goblin (2/2; Whenever I cast a spell, if that spell was kicked, ~ gets +1/+1 and gains menace ueot)
(T,A) Tolarian Scholar (4/5; First Strike from Dub) *Dubbed*
(U) Gaea's Protector (0/4 Defender) ~Icy~

Graveyard: Divest
Exile:
================================================================================
Mooseman: 10
Hand: 10
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Forest

Deep Freeze (EC, Enchanted creature has base power and toughness 0/4, has defender, loses all other abilities, and is a blue Wall in addition to its other colors and types.)
Triumph Of Gerrard (E, (As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.) * 1 lore ctr*
I, II — Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control with the greatest power.
III — Target creature you control with the greatest power gains flying, first strike, and lifelink until end of turn.)

(S) D'Avenant Trapper (4/3 from ctr, Whenever you cast a historic spell, tap target creature an opponent controls. (Artifacts, legendaries, and Sagas are historic.)) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Serra Disciple
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
WB for Gideon's Reproach on your Trapper

You take 4 from the Scholar

Done

Hand: 8
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(U) Mt
(T) Island
(T) Forest
(T,T) Plains

Dub (Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has first strike, and is a Knight in addition to its other types)

(T) Bloodstone Goblin (2/2; Whenever I cast a spell, if that spell was kicked, ~ gets +1/+1 and gains menace ueot)
(T) Tolarian Scholar (4/5; First Strike from Dub) *Dubbed*

Graveyard: Divest, Gideon's Reproach
Exile:
================================================================================
Mooseman: 6
Hand: 10
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Forest

Deep Freeze (EC, Enchanted creature has base power and toughness 0/4, has defender, loses all other abilities, and is a blue Wall in addition to its other colors and types.)
Triumph Of Gerrard (E, (As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.) * 1 lore ctr*
I, II — Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control with the greatest power.
III — Target creature you control with the greatest power gains flying, first strike, and lifelink until end of turn.)

Graveyard: Serra Disciple, D'Avenant Trapper
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UU
Mountain
Guardians of Koilos
Return Triumph Of Gerrard

Done

Hand: 8
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(U) Mt
(T) Island
(T) Forest
(T,T) Plains

(T) Bloodstone Goblin (2/2; Whenever I cast a spell, if that spell was kicked, ~ gets +1/+1 and gains menace ueot)

Exile:
Mooseman: 6
Hand: 11
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(U) Mountain
(T) Forest

(S) Guardians of Koilos (4/4, When Guardians of Koilos enters the battlefield, you may return another target historic permanent you control to its owner's hand. (Artifacts, legendaries, and Sagas are historic.))

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

All of my guys crew the Weatherlight
Weatherlight attacks for 4
Ghitu Journeymage, dealing 2 to you

Game?

Hand: 7
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Mt
(U) Island
(U) Forest
(T,U) Plains

(T) Weatherlight (4/5; Flying; library ability; Crew 3)

(T) Gaea's Protector (0/4 Defender) ~Icy~

Exile:
Mooseman: 6 - 2 - 0?
Hand: 11
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(U) Mountain
(T) Forest

(S) Guardians of Koilos (4/4, When Guardians of Koilos enters the battlefield, you may return another target historic permanent you control to its owner's hand. (Artifacts, legendaries, and Sagas are historic.))

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whew, good game! I had to put the pressure on because otherwise you'd just get your creatures back and outlast me.

Onto the next!