Mindmaster Dominaria: Spidey vs Mooseman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I still used mtgen.net and this time counted carefully and got 14 cards and 1 land card (and token card). Not sure why Master 25 didn't include a land but let's just stick with a 14 spell 1 land booster when that comes up now. We'll just assume that any lands played are the "free ones" unless otherwise noted.

So you're going to love this... for once it's my turn to do it :)

Swamp, Divest

Spidey: 20
Hand: 14
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp

Graveyard: Divest
Exile:
================================================================================
Mooseman: 20
Hand: 15
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Holy bat guano, Spider man
Seera Disciple
Triumph Of Gerrard
Danitha Capashen, Paragon
D'Avenant Trapper
Call the Calvery
Stronghold Confessor
Soul Salvage
Deep Freeze
Unwind
Warlord's Fury
Run Amok
Thorn Elemental
The Mending of Dominaria
Guardians of Koilos
Plains

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. You have a killer hand. So Divest is basically negated by Soul Salvage and The Mending of Dominaria. Ugh. Well, I'll choose the Serra Disciple.

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp

Exile:
================================================================================
Battlefield:

Graveyard: Serra Disciple
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, I don't have killer hand anymore......
Plains
Done

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What? Besides the get back creatures from the graveyard, you have another Saga, Thorn Elemental, Guardian of Koilos... I think you pretty much have this game won.

Untap, upkeep

Mt
Bloodstone Goblin

Done

Hand: 13
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Mt

(S) Bloodstone Goblin (2/2; Whenever I cast a spell, if that spell was kicked, ~ gets +1/+1 and gains menace ueot)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep

Forest

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Mt

(S) Bloodstone Goblin (2/2; Whenever I cast a spell, if that spell was kicked, ~ gets +1/+1 and gains menace ueot)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Forest

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Attack
Responses/blocks/take it?

Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(U) Mt

(T,A) Bloodstone Goblin (2/2; Whenever I cast a spell, if that spell was kicked, ~ gets +1/+1 and gains menace ueot)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Forest

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm old and forget :)

So that's 2

Island
Tolarian Scholar

Done

Hand: 12
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Mt
(T) Island

(T) Bloodstone Goblin (2/2; Whenever I cast a spell, if that spell was kicked, ~ gets +1/+1 and gains menace ueot)
(S) Tolarian Scholar (2/3)

Exile:
Mooseman: 18
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Forest

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UU

Island

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Mt
(T) Island

(T) Bloodstone Goblin (2/2; Whenever I cast a spell, if that spell was kicked, ~ gets +1/+1 and gains menace ueot)
(S) Tolarian Scholar (2/3)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Forest

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Attack with both
Responses/blocks/take it?

Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(U) Mt
(U) Island

(T,A) Bloodstone Goblin (2/2; Whenever I cast a spell, if that spell was kicked, ~ gets +1/+1 and gains menace ueot)
(T,A) Tolarian Scholar (2/3)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Forest

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 4

Forest
Gaea's Protector

Done

Hand: 11
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Mt
(T) Island
(T) Forest

(T) Tolarian Scholar (2/3)
(S) Gaea's Protector (4/2; ~ must be blocked if able)

Exile:
Mooseman: 14
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Forest

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I messed up on my last turn... should have casted a creature.... ugh......

UU
Swamp
Deep Freeze your Protector
Done

Hand: 11
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Mt
(T) Island
(T) Forest

(S) Gaea's Protector (0/4 Defender; ~ must be blocked if able) ~Icy~

Exile:
Mooseman: 14
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(U) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Forest

Deep Freeze (EC, Enchanted creature has base power and toughness 0/4, has defender, loses all other abilities, and is a blue Wall in addition to its other colors and types.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought you had a plan :)

Untap, upkeep

Attack with all for 4
Plains
Weatherlight

Done

Hand: 10
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Mt
(T) Island
(T) Forest
(U) Plains

Weatherlight (4/5; Flying; library ability; Crew 3)

(S) Gaea's Protector (0/4 Defender) ~Icy~

Exile:
Mooseman: 10
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(U) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Forest

Deep Freeze (EC, Enchanted creature has base power and toughness 0/4, has defender, loses all other abilities, and is a blue Wall in addition to its other colors and types.)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I assume the stage I and II for The Mending of Dominaria don't do anything since we have no librRIES.

Untap, upkeep
Plains
D'Avenant Trapper
Triumph Of Gerrard
Tap the Goblin
Done

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Mt
(T) Island
(T) Forest
(U) Plains

Weatherlight (4/5; Flying; library ability; Crew 3)

(S) Gaea's Protector (0/4 Defender) ~Icy~

Exile:
Mooseman: 10
Battlefield:

(TT) Plains
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Forest

Triumph Of Gerrard (E, (As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I, II — Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control with the greatest power.
III — Target creature you control with the greatest power gains flying, first strike, and lifelink until end of turn.)

(S) D'Avenant Trapper (3/2, Whenever you cast a historic spell, tap target creature an opponent controls. (Artifacts, legendaries, and Sagas are historic.))

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I assume the stage I and II for The Mending of Dominaria don't do anything since we have no librRIES.
Well, no, like any other card in Mindmaster, I think we try to resolve it the best we can, so while the library part won't work (as long you don't have a library), the getting the card from the graveyard part still works.

So once Triumph ETB, it gets a lore counter triggering chapter 1 so the Archer should get a ctr, right?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, no, like any other card in Mindmaster, I think we try to resolve it the best we can, so while the library part won't work (as long you don't have a library), the getting the card from the graveyard part still works.
Isn't that exactly the same as if the player with The Mending of Dominaria had an empty library anyway? You'd still get a Reanimate out of Chapter I and Chapter II, assuming that you had a way to avoid losing from trying to draw from an empty library. Not sure what you guys do about Chapter III though, if the idea is that you don't ever have libraries at all. Has this ever come up before? What happens with Time Ebb?