Mindmaster Darksteel: Spidey vs Limited

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac has passed out from realization that this game will go on forever.*

Prediction: Spidey loses. Batman's ability to bring back the dead is too much, methinks.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, but there's always a chance :)

In response to the equipping, I will tap out to cast Echoing Decay on the Tanglewalker.

L

Limited

No responses, still done.

(You are all about echoing aren't you :D)

Spidey: 16
Hand: 1
In Play:

(T,T,T) Island x3
(T,T,T) Swamp x3
(T,T,T,T) Forest x4

(U) Darksteel Ingot (~ is indestructible. T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

(U) Angel's Feather (Whenever a player plays a white spell, I may gain 1 life)

(U) Myr Moonvessel (1/1, when ~ goes to the graveyard from play, add 1 to my mana pool)
(U) Arcbound Worker (3/3 due to ctrs, modular 1) *3 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Ageless Entity (7/7 due to ctrs, whenever I gain life, put that many +1/+1 ctrs on ~) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
(S) Quicksilver Behemoth (4/5, When ~ attacks or blocks, return it to its owner's hand at end of combat (return only if still in play)

Graveyard: Echoing Truth, Echoing Courage, Dross Golem, Specter's Shroud, Essence Drain, Stand Together, Chittering Rats, Echoing Decay
RFG:

Limited: 17
Library: 1
In Play:

(UU) 2x Plains
(U) Island
(TTT) 3x Swamp
(T) Mountain
(UT) 2x Forest

(U) Vulshok Morningstar [Equip:2. Equipped creature gets +2/+2] *unattached*
(U) Whispersilk Cloak [Equip:3. Equipped creature is unblockable and untargetable] *attached to Batman*
(U) Sword of Light and Shadow [Equip:2. Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has problack and prowhite. If it deals combat damage to a player, I gain three life and may return a creature card from my graveyard to my hand] *attached to Batman!*
(U) Wurm's Tooth (Whenever a player plays a green spell, I may gain 1 life)

(T) Grimclaw Batman (3/3) [Flying. B, pay 1 life: +1/+1 ueot, Untargetable, Unblockable, Pro-White, Pro-Black, Crazy stuff if it deals damage to you!] *Cloaked and Sworded!*
(U) Loxodon Mystic (3/3) [W,T: Tap target creature]

Graveyard: Darksteel Citadel, Tel-Jilad Wolf, Murderous Spoils, Unforge, Vex, Tel-Jilad Outrider, Tanglewalker
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dude, I got like 3 of the five Echos in my hand! :eek:

Untap, upkeep, Hunger of the Nim my Moonvessel, responses?

Hand: 0
In Play:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(T,U,U) Swamp x3
(T,U,U,U) Forest x4

(U) Darksteel Ingot (~ is indestructible. T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

(U) Myr Moonvessel (1/1, when ~ goes to the graveyard from play, add 1 to my mana pool)
(U) Ageless Entity (7/7 due to ctrs, whenever I gain life, put that many +1/+1 ctrs on ~) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Quicksilver Behemoth (4/5, When ~ attacks or blocks, return it to its owner's hand at end of combat (return only if still in play)

Graveyard: Echoing Truth, Echoing Courage, Dross Golem, Specter's Shroud, Essence Drain, Stand Together, Chittering Rats, Echoing Decay, Hunger of the Nim
RFG:

Limited: 17
In Play:

(UU) 2x Plains
(U) Island
(TTT) 3x Swamp
(T) Mountain
(UT) 2x Forest

(U) Whispersilk Cloak [Equip:3. Equipped creature is unblockable and untargetable] *attached to Batman*
(U) Sword of Light and Shadow [Equip:2. Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has problack and prowhite. If it deals combat damage to a player, I gain three life and may return a creature card from my graveyard to my hand] *attached to Batman!*

(T) Grimclaw Batman (3/3) [Flying. B, pay 1 life: +1/+1 ueot, Untargetable, Unblockable, Pro-White, Pro-Black, Crazy stuff if it deals damage to you!] *Cloaked and Sworded!*

Graveyard: Darksteel Citadel, Tel-Jilad Wolf, Murderous Spoils, Unforge, Vex, Tel-Jilad Outrider, Tanglewalker
RFG:

L

Limited

No responses.

If we are in your combat phase, I'll pay W to tap your Ageless Entity.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep.

Behemoth goes back to my hand, I replay it, Done.

In Play:

(T,T,U) Island x3
(T,T,U) Swamp x3
(T,U,U,U) Forest x4

(T) Myr Moonvessel (1/1, when ~ goes to the graveyard from play, add 1 to my mana pool)
(T) Arcbound Worker (3/3 due to ctrs, modular 1) *3 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Ageless Entity (7/7 due to ctrs, whenever I gain life, put that many +1/+1 ctrs on ~) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
(S) Quicksilver Behemoth (4/5, When ~ attacks or blocks, return it to its owner's hand at end of combat (return only if still in play)

Graveyard: Echoing Truth, Echoing Courage, Dross Golem, Specter's Shroud, Essence Drain, Stand Together, Chittering Rats, Echoing Decay, Hunger of the Nim
RFG:

Limited: 5
In Play:

(UU) 2x Plains
(U) Island
(TTT) 3x Swamp
(T) Mountain
(UT) 2x Forest

RFG:

L

Limited

Untap, Upkeep

Attack with Bats. You take three, I gain three, I take the Tanglewalker back to my hand.

I'll play a Forest and play the Tanglewalker (gaining a life) and equip it with the Morning Star. Batman tosses his Sword over to the Tanglewalker as well.

Done.

Spidey: 13
In Play:

(T,T,U) Island x3
(T,T,U) Swamp x3
(T,U,U,U) Forest x4

(T) Myr Moonvessel (1/1, when ~ goes to the graveyard from play, add 1 to my mana pool)

RFG:

Limited: 9
In Play:

(UU) 2x Plains
(U) Island
(TTT) 3x Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TTT) 3x Forest

(U) Vulshok Morningstar [Equip:2. Equipped creature gets +2/+2] *attached to Tanglewalker*
(U) Sword of Light and Shadow [Equip:2. Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has problack and prowhite. If it deals combat damage to a player, I gain three life and may return a creature card from my graveyard to my hand] *attached to Tanglewalker*

(T) Grimclaw Batman (1/1) [Flying. B, pay 1 life: +1/+1 ueot, Untargetable, Unblockable] *Cloaked*
(S) Tanglewalker (6/6) [Pro-White, Pro-Black, Crazy stuff if it deals damage to you!] *Star of the Morning, Sworded*

Graveyard: Darksteel Citadel, Tel-Jilad Wolf, Murderous Spoils, Unforge, Vex, Tel-Jilad Outrider
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, Upkeep

Declare Attack Phase. Responses?

In Play:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U,U,U,U) Forest x4

(U) Ageless Entity (7/7 due to ctrs, whenever I gain life, put that many +1/+1 ctrs on ~) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
(U) Quicksilver Behemoth (4/5, When ~ attacks or blocks, return it to its owner's hand at end of combat (return only if still in play)

RFG:

In Play:

(UU) 2x Plains
(U) Island
(TTT) 3x Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TTT) 3x Forest

(U) Vulshok Morningstar [Equip:2. Equipped creature gets +2/+2] *attached to Tanglewalker*
(U) Sword of Light and Shadow [Equip:2. Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has problack and prowhite. If it deals combat damage to a player, I gain three life and may return a creature card from my graveyard to my hand] *attached to Tanglewalker*

(T) Grimclaw Batman (1/1) [Flying. B, pay 1 life: +1/+1 ueot, Untargetable, Unblockable] *Cloaked*
(S) Tanglewalker (6/6) [Pro-White, Pro-Black, Crazy stuff if it deals damage to you!] *Star of the Morning, Sworded*

Graveyard: Darksteel Citadel, Tel-Jilad Wolf, Murderous Spoils, Unforge, Vex, Tel-Jilad Outrider
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep. Done.

In Play:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U,U,U,U) Forest x4

Graveyard: Echoing Truth, Echoing Courage, Dross Golem, Specter's Shroud, Essence Drain, Stand Together, Chittering Rats, Echoing Decay, Hunger of the Nim, Quicksilver Behemoth
RFG:

Limited: 5
In Play:

(UU) 2x Plains
(U) Island
(TTT) 3x Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TTT) 3x Forest

RFG:

L

Limited

Untap, Upkeep

Attack with Bats & Tanglewalker. You take 7, I gain three and return Tel-Jilad Outrider to my hand.
Play the Outrider and gain a life.

Done.

(If you go to your combat phase, I'll tap the Ageless Entity)

Spidey: 6
In Play:

(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U,U,U,U) Forest x4

Graveyard: Echoing Truth, Echoing Courage, Dross Golem, Specter's Shroud, Essence Drain, Stand Together, Chittering Rats, Echoing Decay, Hunger of the Nim, Quicksilver Behemoth
RFG:

In Play:

(UT) 2x Plains
(U) Island
(UUT) 3x Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TTU) 3x Forest

(T) Loxodon Mystic (3/3) [W,T: Tap target creature]
(T) Tanglewalker (6/6) [Pro-White, Pro-Black, Crazy stuff if it deals damage to you!] *Star of the Morning, Sworded*
(S) Tel-Jilad Outrider (3/1) [Pro-Artifacts],

Graveyard: Darksteel Citadel, Tel-Jilad Wolf, Murderous Spoils, Unforge, Vex
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll concede. I can't beat ya :) Good game! I thought I had it there with the Golem for a while... I should have left two mana open to Echo Decay your Bats when you first put them out and equipped them. Ah well.

Onto the next?

L

Limited

On to the next!

I knew that if I could get the Sword and the Cloak on one creature, I'd have a good shot. I'm mostly lucky you got no artifact removal (without the Sword, I would not have lasted long).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think if I could have taken care of the flier, I could have made it, even with the Sword (barring any other unblockable type spells you may have had). I should have kept the mana open :)