Mindmaster Darksteel: Spidey vs Limited

Discussion in 'Mindmaster Games' started by Spiderman, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Ransac CPA Trash Man

*Ransac has passed out from realization that this game will go on forever.*

Prediction: Spidey loses. Batman's ability to bring back the dead is too much, methinks.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I agree, but there's always a chance :)

In response to the equipping, I will tap out to cast Echoing Decay on the Tanglewalker.
  3. Limited Yes, but we won't care

No responses, still done.

(You are all about echoing aren't you :D)

Spidey: 16
    Hand: 1
    In Play:

(T,T,T) Island x3
    (T,T,T) Swamp x3
    (T,T,T,T) Forest x4

(U) Darksteel Ingot (~ is indestructible. T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

(U) Angel's Feather (Whenever a player plays a white spell, I may gain 1 life)

(U) Myr Moonvessel (1/1, when ~ goes to the graveyard from play, add 1 to my mana pool)
    (U) Arcbound Worker (3/3 due to ctrs, modular 1) *3 +1/+1 ctr*
    (T) Ageless Entity (7/7 due to ctrs, whenever I gain life, put that many +1/+1 ctrs on ~) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
    (S) Quicksilver Behemoth (4/5, When ~ attacks or blocks, return it to its owner's hand at end of combat (return only if still in play)

Graveyard: Echoing Truth, Echoing Courage, Dross Golem, Specter's Shroud, Essence Drain, Stand Together, Chittering Rats, Echoing Decay
    RFG:

Limited: 17
    Library: 1
    In Play:

(UU) 2x Plains
    (U) Island
    (TTT) 3x Swamp
    (T) Mountain
    (UT) 2x Forest

(U) Vulshok Morningstar [Equip:2. Equipped creature gets +2/+2] *unattached*
    (U) Whispersilk Cloak [Equip:3. Equipped creature is unblockable and untargetable] *attached to Batman*
    (U) Sword of Light and Shadow [Equip:2. Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has problack and prowhite. If it deals combat damage to a player, I gain three life and may return a creature card from my graveyard to my hand] *attached to Batman!*
    (U) Wurm's Tooth (Whenever a player plays a green spell, I may gain 1 life)

(T) Grimclaw Batman (3/3) [Flying. B, pay 1 life: +1/+1 ueot, Untargetable, Unblockable, Pro-White, Pro-Black, Crazy stuff if it deals damage to you!] *Cloaked and Sworded!*
    (U) Loxodon Mystic (3/3) [W,T: Tap target creature]

Graveyard: Darksteel Citadel, Tel-Jilad Wolf, Murderous Spoils, Unforge, Vex, Tel-Jilad Outrider, Tanglewalker
    RFG:
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Dude, I got like 3 of the five Echos in my hand! :eek:

Untap, upkeep, Hunger of the Nim my Moonvessel, responses?

Hand: 0
    In Play:

(U,U,U) Island x3
    (T,U,U) Swamp x3
    (T,U,U,U) Forest x4

(U) Darksteel Ingot (~ is indestructible. T: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)

(U) Myr Moonvessel (1/1, when ~ goes to the graveyard from play, add 1 to my mana pool)
    (U) Ageless Entity (7/7 due to ctrs, whenever I gain life, put that many +1/+1 ctrs on ~) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
    (U) Quicksilver Behemoth (4/5, When ~ attacks or blocks, return it to its owner's hand at end of combat (return only if still in play)

Graveyard: Echoing Truth, Echoing Courage, Dross Golem, Specter's Shroud, Essence Drain, Stand Together, Chittering Rats, Echoing Decay, Hunger of the Nim
    RFG:

Limited: 17
    In Play:

(UU) 2x Plains
    (U) Island
    (TTT) 3x Swamp
    (T) Mountain
    (UT) 2x Forest

(U) Whispersilk Cloak [Equip:3. Equipped creature is unblockable and untargetable] *attached to Batman*
    (U) Sword of Light and Shadow [Equip:2. Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has problack and prowhite. If it deals combat damage to a player, I gain three life and may return a creature card from my graveyard to my hand] *attached to Batman!*

(T) Grimclaw Batman (3/3) [Flying. B, pay 1 life: +1/+1 ueot, Untargetable, Unblockable, Pro-White, Pro-Black, Crazy stuff if it deals damage to you!] *Cloaked and Sworded!*

Graveyard: Darksteel Citadel, Tel-Jilad Wolf, Murderous Spoils, Unforge, Vex, Tel-Jilad Outrider, Tanglewalker
    RFG:
  5. Limited Yes, but we won't care

No responses.

If we are in your combat phase, I'll pay W to tap your Ageless Entity.
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

You got it. Attack with everyone else. Responses/blocks?
  7. Limited Yes, but we won't care

No blocks. No responses. I suffer twelve damage?
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yep.

Behemoth goes back to my hand, I replay it, Done.

In Play:

(T,T,U) Island x3
    (T,T,U) Swamp x3
    (T,U,U,U) Forest x4

(T) Myr Moonvessel (1/1, when ~ goes to the graveyard from play, add 1 to my mana pool)
    (T) Arcbound Worker (3/3 due to ctrs, modular 1) *3 +1/+1 ctr*
    (T) Ageless Entity (7/7 due to ctrs, whenever I gain life, put that many +1/+1 ctrs on ~) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
    (S) Quicksilver Behemoth (4/5, When ~ attacks or blocks, return it to its owner's hand at end of combat (return only if still in play)

Graveyard: Echoing Truth, Echoing Courage, Dross Golem, Specter's Shroud, Essence Drain, Stand Together, Chittering Rats, Echoing Decay, Hunger of the Nim
    RFG:

Limited: 5
    In Play:

(UU) 2x Plains
    (U) Island
    (TTT) 3x Swamp
    (T) Mountain
    (UT) 2x Forest

RFG:
  9. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Untap, Upkeep

Attack with Bats. You take three, I gain three, I take the Tanglewalker back to my hand.

I'll play a Forest and play the Tanglewalker (gaining a life) and equip it with the Morning Star. Batman tosses his Sword over to the Tanglewalker as well.

Done.

Spidey: 13
    In Play:

(T,T,U) Island x3
    (T,T,U) Swamp x3
    (T,U,U,U) Forest x4

(T) Myr Moonvessel (1/1, when ~ goes to the graveyard from play, add 1 to my mana pool)

RFG:

Limited: 9
    In Play:

(UU) 2x Plains
    (U) Island
    (TTT) 3x Swamp
    (T) Mountain
    (TTT) 3x Forest

(U) Vulshok Morningstar [Equip:2. Equipped creature gets +2/+2] *attached to Tanglewalker*
    (U) Sword of Light and Shadow [Equip:2. Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has problack and prowhite. If it deals combat damage to a player, I gain three life and may return a creature card from my graveyard to my hand] *attached to Tanglewalker*

(T) Grimclaw Batman (1/1) [Flying. B, pay 1 life: +1/+1 ueot, Untargetable, Unblockable] *Cloaked*
    (S) Tanglewalker (6/6) [Pro-White, Pro-Black, Crazy stuff if it deals damage to you!] *Star of the Morning, Sworded*

Graveyard: Darksteel Citadel, Tel-Jilad Wolf, Murderous Spoils, Unforge, Vex, Tel-Jilad Outrider
    RFG:
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, Upkeep

Declare Attack Phase. Responses?

In Play:

(U,U,U) Island x3
    (U,U,U) Swamp x3
    (U,U,U,U) Forest x4

(U) Ageless Entity (7/7 due to ctrs, whenever I gain life, put that many +1/+1 ctrs on ~) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
    (U) Quicksilver Behemoth (4/5, When ~ attacks or blocks, return it to its owner's hand at end of combat (return only if still in play)

RFG:

In Play:

(UU) 2x Plains
    (U) Island
    (TTT) 3x Swamp
    (T) Mountain
    (TTT) 3x Forest

(U) Vulshok Morningstar [Equip:2. Equipped creature gets +2/+2] *attached to Tanglewalker*
    (U) Sword of Light and Shadow [Equip:2. Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has problack and prowhite. If it deals combat damage to a player, I gain three life and may return a creature card from my graveyard to my hand] *attached to Tanglewalker*

(T) Grimclaw Batman (1/1) [Flying. B, pay 1 life: +1/+1 ueot, Untargetable, Unblockable] *Cloaked*
    (S) Tanglewalker (6/6) [Pro-White, Pro-Black, Crazy stuff if it deals damage to you!] *Star of the Morning, Sworded*

Graveyard: Darksteel Citadel, Tel-Jilad Wolf, Murderous Spoils, Unforge, Vex, Tel-Jilad Outrider
    RFG:
  11. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Tap the Ageless Entity
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Attack with everyone else.
  13. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Block Behemoth with Tanglewalker.

I take four?
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yep. Done.

In Play:

(U,U,U) Island x3
    (U,U,U) Swamp x3
    (U,U,U,U) Forest x4

Graveyard: Echoing Truth, Echoing Courage, Dross Golem, Specter's Shroud, Essence Drain, Stand Together, Chittering Rats, Echoing Decay, Hunger of the Nim, Quicksilver Behemoth
    RFG:

Limited: 5
    In Play:

(UU) 2x Plains
    (U) Island
    (TTT) 3x Swamp
    (T) Mountain
    (TTT) 3x Forest

RFG:
  15. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Untap, Upkeep

Attack with Bats & Tanglewalker. You take 7, I gain three and return Tel-Jilad Outrider to my hand.
    Play the Outrider and gain a life.

Done.

(If you go to your combat phase, I'll tap the Ageless Entity)

Spidey: 6
    In Play:

(U,U,U) Island x3
    (U,U,U) Swamp x3
    (U,U,U,U) Forest x4

Graveyard: Echoing Truth, Echoing Courage, Dross Golem, Specter's Shroud, Essence Drain, Stand Together, Chittering Rats, Echoing Decay, Hunger of the Nim, Quicksilver Behemoth
    RFG:

In Play:

(UT) 2x Plains
    (U) Island
    (UUT) 3x Swamp
    (T) Mountain
    (TTU) 3x Forest

(T) Loxodon Mystic (3/3) [W,T: Tap target creature]
    (T) Tanglewalker (6/6) [Pro-White, Pro-Black, Crazy stuff if it deals damage to you!] *Star of the Morning, Sworded*
    (S) Tel-Jilad Outrider (3/1) [Pro-Artifacts],

Graveyard: Darksteel Citadel, Tel-Jilad Wolf, Murderous Spoils, Unforge, Vex
    RFG:
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I'll concede. I can't beat ya :) Good game! I thought I had it there with the Golem for a while... I should have left two mana open to Echo Decay your Bats when you first put them out and equipped them. Ah well.

Onto the next?
  17. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Fifth Dawn? Generating!

Ransac, cpa trash man
  18. Limited Yes, but we won't care

On to the next!

I knew that if I could get the Sword and the Cloak on one creature, I'd have a good shot. I'm mostly lucky you got no artifact removal (without the Sword, I would not have lasted long).
  19. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Less talk. More Fifth Dawn.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I think if I could have taken care of the flier, I could have made it, even with the Sword (barring any other unblockable type spells you may have had). I should have kept the mana open :)