Mindmaster BOK: Spidey vs BigBlue

B

BigBlue

Updated

BigBlue: 15
Hand: 3
In Play

(Equip) Blinding Powder (Equip:2; Equipped creature gains "Unattach ~: Prevent all combat dmg which would be dealt to this creature this turn.") on Floodbringer

(TUU) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TT) Island
(TT) Forest
(TT) Plains

(T) Goblin Cohort (2/2, ~ can't attack unless I've played a creature spell this turn) ~ packing Powder
(T) Floodbringer (1/2; Flying; 2,Return a land to my hand: Tap target land)
(U) Matsu Tribe Sniper (1/1; T: ~ Deals 1 to target creature w/ flying. Tap that creature and it doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap phase)
(U) Quillmane Baku (3/3; Spirit; 1,T, Remove X ki counters from ~: Return target creature with converted mana cost X or less to its owner's hand; Whenever I play a spirit or an arcane spell, put a Ki counter on ~) ~ 2 Ki Counters
(S) Scaled Hulk (4/4; Spirit; Whenever I play a Spirit or Arcane Spell, ~ gets +2/+2 until eot)

Graveyard: Hundred Talon Strike, Jetting Glasskite
RfG: Psychic Spear, Three Tragedies, First Volley, Silverstorm Samurai
-------------------------
Spiderman: 8
Hand: 2
In Play:

(U,U) Mt x2
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Forest x2

(U) Goblin Cohort (2/2, ~ can't attack unless I've played a creature spell this turn)
(U) Kitsune Palliator (0/2, T: Prevent the next 1 dmg that would be dealt to each creature and each player this turn)
(U) Takeno's Cavalry (1/1, Bushido 1, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target attacking or blocking Spirit)

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku, Aura Barbs, God's Eye-Gate to the Reikai, Ninja of the Deep Hours, Blademane Baku, Minamo's Meddling, Shimmering Glasskite, Mistblade Shinobi, Toils of Night & Day, Ire of Kaminari
RfG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Chisei, Heart of Oceans
Forest
Harbinger of Spring

Done

Hand: 3
In Play

(Equip) Blinding Powder (Equip:2; Equipped creature gains "Unattach ~: Prevent all combat dmg which would be dealt to this creature this turn.") on Floodbringer

(TUU) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TT) Island
(TT) Forest
(TT) Plains

(T) Goblin Cohort (2/2, ~ can't attack unless I've played a creature spell this turn) ~ packing Powder
(U) Matsu Tribe Sniper (1/1; T: ~ Deals 1 to target creature w/ flying. Tap that creature and it doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap phase)
(U) Quillmane Baku (3/3; Spirit; 1,T, Remove X ki counters from ~: Return target creature with converted mana cost X or less to its owner's hand; Whenever I play a spirit or an arcane spell, put a Ki counter on ~) ~ 2 Ki Counters
(S) Scaled Hulk (4/4; Spirit; Whenever I play a Spirit or Arcane Spell, ~ gets +2/+2 until eot)

Graveyard: Hundred Talon Strike, Jetting Glasskite
Hand: 0
In Play:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T,T) Island x3
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T,T) Forest x3

(U) Goblin Cohort (2/2, ~ can't attack unless I've played a creature spell this turn)
(U) Kitsune Palliator (0/2, T: Prevent the next 1 dmg that would be dealt to each creature and each player this turn)
(U) Takeno's Cavalry (1/1, Bushido 1, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target attacking or blocking Spirit)
(S) Chisei, Heart of Oceans (4/4, flying, At the beginning of my upkeep, sac ~ unless I remove a ctr from a permanent I control)
(S) Harbinger of Spring (2/1, pro-non Spirit creatures, Soulshift 4)

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku, Aura Barbs, God's Eye-Gate to the Reikai, Ninja of the Deep Hours, Blademane Baku, Minamo's Meddling, Shimmering Glasskite, Mistblade Shinobi, Toils of Night & Day, Ire of Kaminari
RfG:

B

BigBlue

Activate Matsu on your Heart of Oceans at your eot.

UU

Play Shizuko, Caller of Autumn
Play Horobi's Whisper on Harbinger of Spring (pumps Hulk, grants Ki counter)
Attack w/ Cohort, Bringer, Baku, and Hulk

** You can return a Spirit w/ CC 4 or less due to Harbinger **

Hand: 1
In Play

(TTU) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(UU) Island
(TT) Forest
(TU) Plains

(T) Quillmane Baku (3/3; Spirit; 1,T, Remove X ki counters from ~: Return target creature with converted mana cost X or less to its owner's hand; Whenever I play a spirit or an arcane spell, put a Ki counter on ~) ~ 3 Ki Counters
(T) Scaled Hulk (4/4; Spirit; Whenever I play a Spirit or Arcane Spell, ~ gets +2/+2 until eot) ~+2/+2 until eot
(S) Shizuko, Caller of Autumn (2/3; At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player adds to his or her mana pool. This mana doesn't cause mana burn. Until end of turn, this mana doesn't empty from that player's mana pool as phases end.)

Graveyard: Hundred Talon Strike, Jetting Glasskite, Horobi's Whisper
In Play:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T,T) Island x3
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T,T) Forest x3

(T) Chisei, Heart of Oceans (4/4, flying, At the beginning of my upkeep, sac ~ unless I remove a ctr from a permanent I control) ~ Does not untap at the beginning of Next untap phase

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku, Aura Barbs, God's Eye-Gate to the Reikai, Ninja of the Deep Hours, Blademane Baku, Minamo's Meddling, Shimmering Glasskite, Mistblade Shinobi, Toils of Night & Day, Ire of Kaminari, Harbinger of Spring
RfG:

B

BigBlue

Updated.

You sure about blocking? You'd die... Baku wouldn't when you activate Palliator - even w/ the pinger... Taking 6 from Hulk, Taking 1 from floodbringer
Taking 2 from Cohort for a total of 9 - you can prevent 1 to make it 8...

A loss may be (is likely) inevitable... but I think you want to block something else too - or do it differently.

In Play

(TTU) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(UU) Island
(TT) Forest
(TU) Plains

(T) Quillmane Baku (3/3; Spirit; 1,T, Remove X ki counters from ~: Return target creature with converted mana cost X or less to its owner's hand; Whenever I play a spirit or an arcane spell, put a Ki counter on ~) ~ 3 Ki Counters
(T) Scaled Hulk (4/4; Spirit; Whenever I play a Spirit or Arcane Spell, ~ gets +2/+2 until eot) ~+2/+2 until eot
(S) Shizuko, Caller of Autumn (2/3; At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player adds to his or her mana pool. This mana doesn't cause mana burn. Until end of turn, this mana doesn't empty from that player's mana pool as phases end.)

Graveyard: Hundred Talon Strike, Jetting Glasskite, Horobi's Whisper
In Play:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T,T) Island x3
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T,T) Forest x3

(T) Chisei, Heart of Oceans (4/4, flying, At the beginning of my upkeep, sac ~ unless I remove a ctr from a permanent I control) ~ Does not untap at the beginning of Next untap phase

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku, Aura Barbs, God's Eye-Gate to the Reikai, Ninja of the Deep Hours, Blademane Baku, Minamo's Meddling, Mistblade Shinobi, Toils of Night & Day, Ire of Kaminari, Harbinger of Spring
RfG:

B

BigBlue

As an example... use the bushido dude to block the Baku instead - then activate it... you would kill it if you didn't prevent a damage... then you could chump the hulk w/ the cohort... You'd end up taking 3, but at least you'd kill the baku...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're so nice... :) I actually forgot the Hulk was pumped and thought he was still 4/4...

I don't think it's gonna matter, but what I'll do is chump block the Hulk with the Palliator. Cohort still blocks the Baku and During Dmg, I'll tap the Cavalry to deal the point to Baku. That's all I got.

B

BigBlue

You take 3 (floodbringer & Cohort)

My Baku dies
Your palliator & cohort die
Done.

** It's easy to be nice when you're in complete control of a game... :) **

In Play

(TTU) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(UU) Island
(TT) Forest
(TU) Plains

Graveyard: Hundred Talon Strike, Jetting Glasskite, Horobi's Whisper, Quillmane Baku
Spiderman: 5
In Play:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T,T) Island x3
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,T,T) Forest x3

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku, Aura Barbs, God's Eye-Gate to the Reikai, Ninja of the Deep Hours, Blademane Baku, Minamo's Meddling, Mistblade Shinobi, Toils of Night & Day, Ire of Kaminari, Harbinger of Spring, Goblin Cohort, Kitsune Palliator
RfG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep - lose Chisei

Shimmering Glasskite

Done

In Play

(TTU) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(UU) Island
(TT) Forest
(TU) Plains

Graveyard: Hundred Talon Strike, Jetting Glasskite, Horobi's Whisper, Quillmane Baku
In Play:

(T,U) Mt x2
(T,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Plains x2
(T,T,U) Forest x3

(S) Shimmering Glasskite (2/3, flying, Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time in a turn, counter that spell or ability)

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku, Aura Barbs, God's Eye-Gate to the Reikai, Ninja of the Deep Hours, Blademane Baku, Minamo's Meddling, Mistblade Shinobi, Toils of Night & Day, Ire of Kaminari, Harbinger of Spring, Goblin Cohort, Kitsune Palliator, Chisei-Heart of Oceans
RfG:

B

BigBlue

UU (Add GGG)

Play Gnarled Mass using GGG (pumps Hulk)
Unequip Powder to prevent combat dmg to cohort
Equip powder on floodbringer
Unequip Powder to prevent combat dmg to floodbringer
Equip Powder on Tribe Sniper
Unequip Powder to prevent combat dmg to Sniper
Equip Powder on Shizuku

Attack w/ everything

Cohort (2/2)
Floodbringer (1/2)
Matsu Tribe Sniper (1/1)
Scaled Hulk (6/6) (spirit)
Shizuku (2/3)

In Play

(Equip) Blinding Powder (Equip:2; Equipped creature gains "Unattach ~: Prevent all combat dmg which would be dealt to this creature this turn.") on Shizuku, Caller of Autumn

(TTU) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(TT) Island
(TT) Forest
(UU) Plains

(T) Goblin Cohort (2/2, ~ can't attack unless I've played a creature spell this turn)
(T) Matsu Tribe Sniper (1/1; T: ~ Deals 1 to target creature w/ flying. Tap that creature and it doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap phase)
(T) Shizuko, Caller of Autumn (2/3; At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player adds to his or her mana pool. This mana doesn't cause mana burn. Until end of turn, this mana doesn't empty from that player's mana pool as phases end.) ~Packing Powder
(S) Gnarled Mass (3/3; Spirit)

In Play:

(T,U) Mt x2
(T,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Plains x2
(T,T,U) Forest x3

(S) Shimmering Glasskite (2/3, flying, Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time in a turn, counter that spell or ability)

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku, Aura Barbs, God's Eye-Gate to the Reikai, Ninja of the Deep Hours, Blademane Baku, Minamo's Meddling, Mistblade Shinobi, Toils of Night & Day, Ire of Kaminari, Harbinger of Spring, Goblin Cohort, Kitsune Palliator, Chisei-Heart of Oceans
RfG: