Man, that guy's better than mine :(

Untap, upkeep

Plains
Takeno's Cavalry

Done

BigBlue: 15
Hand: 9 - Quillmane Baku
In Play

(Equip) Blinding Powder (Equip:2; Equipped creature gains "Unattach ~: Prevent all combat dmg which would be dealt to this creature this turn.") on Sniper

(T) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TT) Island
(T) Forest
(T) Plains

(U) Goblin Cohort (2/2, ~ can't attack unless I've played a creature spell this turn)
(U) Floodbringer (1/2; Flying; 2,Return a land to my hand: Tap target land)
(U) Matsu Tribe Sniper (1/1; T: ~ Deals 1 to target creature w/ flying. Tap that creature and it doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap phase) ~ packing Powder.
(S) Jetting Glasskite (4/4; Flying; Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time in a turn, counter that spell or ability)

Graveyard: Psychic Spear
RfG:

(hand) Quillmane Baku (3/3; Spirit; 1,T, Remove X ki counters from ~: Return target creature with converted mana cost X or less to its owner's hand; Whenever I play a spirit or an arcane spell, put a Ki counter on ~)

-------------------------
Spiderman: 15
Hand: 8
In Play:

(T) Mt
(T,U) Island x2
(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Forest

(U) Goblin Cohort (2/2, ~ can't attack unless I've played a creature spell this turn)
(U) Blademane Baku (1/1, Whenever I play a Spirit or Arcane spell, I may put a ki ctr on ~. 1, Remove X ki ctrs from ~: For each ctr removed, ~ gets +2/+0 ueot) *1 ki ctr*
(U) Kitsune Palliator (0/2, T: Prevent the next 1 dmg that would be dealt to each creature and each player this turn)
(U) Shimmering Glasskite (2/3, flying, Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time in a turn, counter that spell or ability)
(U) Mistblade Shinobi (1/1, Ninjitsu U, When ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may return target creature that player controls to its owner's hand)
(S) Takeno's Cavalry (1/1, Bushido 1, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target attacking or blocking Spirit)

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku
RfG:

B

BigBlue

Yeah, he's beefy...

UU

Play Swamp
Play 3 Tragedies (you discard 3 cards)
Done.

In Play

(Equip) Blinding Powder (Equip:2; Equipped creature gains "Unattach ~: Prevent all combat dmg which would be dealt to this creature this turn.") on Sniper

(TT) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(TT) Island
(T) Forest
(U) Plains

(U) Matsu Tribe Sniper (1/1; T: ~ Deals 1 to target creature w/ flying. Tap that creature and it doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap phase) ~ packing Powder.
(U) Jetting Glasskite (4/4; Flying; Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time in a turn, counter that spell or ability) ~ Spirit

Graveyard: Psychic Spear, Three Tragedies
RfG:

(hand) Quillmane Baku (3/3; Spirit; 1,T, Remove X ki counters from ~: Return target creature with converted mana cost X or less to its owner's hand; Whenever I play a spirit or an arcane spell, put a Ki counter on ~)

Hand: 8 5?
In Play:

(T) Mt
(T,U) Island x2
(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Forest

(U) Blademane Baku (1/1, Whenever I play a Spirit or Arcane spell, I may put a ki ctr on ~. 1, Remove X ki ctrs from ~: For each ctr removed, ~ gets +2/+0 ueot) *1 ki ctr*
(U) Kitsune Palliator (0/2, T: Prevent the next 1 dmg that would be dealt to each creature and each player this turn)
(U) Shimmering Glasskite (2/3, flying, Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time in a turn, counter that spell or ability)
(U) Mistblade Shinobi (1/1, Ninjitsu U, When ~ deals combat dmg to a player, I may return target creature that player controls to its owner's hand)
(S) Takeno's Cavalry (1/1, Bushido 1, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target attacking or blocking Spirit)

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku
RfG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh...

Discard Aura Barbs, God's Eye-Gate to the Reikai, and Ninja of the Deep Hours

Untap, upkeep

Mt

Done

In Play

(TT) Swamp
(U) Mountain
(TT) Island
(T) Forest
(U) Plains

(U) Jetting Glasskite (4/4; Flying; Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time in a turn, counter that spell or ability) ~ Spirit

Graveyard: Psychic Spear, Three Tragedies
RfG:

Hand: 5
In Play:

(U,U) Mt x2
(U,U) Island x2
(U,U) Plains x2
(U) Forest

(U) Takeno's Cavalry (1/1, Bushido 1, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target attacking or blocking Spirit)

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku, Aura Barbs, God's Eye-Gate to the Reikai, Ninja of the Deep Hours
RfG:

B

BigBlue

I don't think those discards hurt you too much...

Play First Volley on your Baku at your eot. (Deals 1 to target creature, and 1 to it's controller).
Responses?

In Play

(TT) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TT) Island
(T) Forest
(T) Plains

Graveyard: Psychic Spear, Three Tragedies, First Volley
RfG:

In Play:

(U,U) Mt x2
(U,U) Island x2
(U,U) Plains x2
(U) Forest

(U) Takeno's Cavalry (1/1, Bushido 1, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target attacking or blocking Spirit)

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku, Aura Barbs, God's Eye-Gate to the Reikai, Ninja of the Deep Hours
RfG:[/QUOTE]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This isn't an attack, is it? This is still the Volley? I thought it resolves since none of has any responses... :confused:

B

BigBlue

Damage still stacks though, right? I didn't know if you wanted to use your Palliator or not.

UU

Play Plains
Equip Powder on Floodbringer
Done after that

In Play

(Equip) Blinding Powder (Equip:2; Equipped creature gains "Unattach ~: Prevent all combat dmg which would be dealt to this creature this turn.") on Floodbringer

(UU) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(UU) Island
(T) Forest
(UU) Plains

(U) Floodbringer (1/2; Flying; 2,Return a land to my hand: Tap target land) ~ packing Powder.
(U) Matsu Tribe Sniper (1/1; T: ~ Deals 1 to target creature w/ flying. Tap that creature and it doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap phase)

RfG:

Spiderman: 14
In Play:

(U,U) Mt x2
(U,U) Island x2
(U,U) Plains x2
(U) Forest

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku, Aura Barbs, God's Eye-Gate to the Reikai, Ninja of the Deep Hours, Blademane Baku
RfG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, damage "stacks" when you cast the spell, it's not like an attack where you assign dmg 'cause there's a specific step. In actuality, the spell goes on the stack and when it resolves, it just deals its damage. No additional "stacking dmg" when the spell resolves.

Untap, upkeep

Forest

Done

Hand: 7
In Play

(Equip) Blinding Powder (Equip:2; Equipped creature gains "Unattach ~: Prevent all combat dmg which would be dealt to this creature this turn.") on Floodbringer

(UU) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(UU) Island
(T) Forest
(UU) Plains

(U) Floodbringer (1/2; Flying; 2,Return a land to my hand: Tap target land) ~ packing Powder.
(U) Matsu Tribe Sniper (1/1; T: ~ Deals 1 to target creature w/ flying. Tap that creature and it doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap phase)

RfG:

In Play:

(U,U) Mt x2
(U,U) Island x2
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Forest x2

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku, Aura Barbs, God's Eye-Gate to the Reikai, Ninja of the Deep Hours, Blademane Baku
RfG:

B

BigBlue

Not unexpected...

UU

Hang on to your boots...

Play Forest
Play Quillmane Baku
Activate Matsu Tribe Sniper on your Glasskite (countered)
Play Hundred-Talon Strike on my Cohort (+1/+0 and First Strike)
Splice Horabi's Whisper on H-T S to your Glasskite (Destroy target non-black creature as long as I control a swamp) (remove my 4 cards in gy from game)

Attack w/ Cohort, Floodbringer, and Glasskite.
Done after that.

Hand: 6
In Play

(UU) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TT) Island
(TT) Forest
(TU) Plains

(T) Goblin Cohort (2/2, ~ can't attack unless I've played a creature spell this turn) ~ +1/+0 and FS until eot
(T) Floodbringer (1/2; Flying; 2,Return a land to my hand: Tap target land) ~ packing Powder.
(T) Matsu Tribe Sniper (1/1; T: ~ Deals 1 to target creature w/ flying. Tap that creature and it doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap phase)
(T) Jetting Glasskite (4/4; Flying; Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time in a turn, counter that spell or ability) ~ Spirit
(S) Quillmane Baku (3/3; Spirit; 1,T, Remove X ki counters from ~: Return target creature with converted mana cost X or less to its owner's hand; Whenever I play a spirit or an arcane spell, put a Ki counter on ~) ~ 1 Ki Counter

Graveyard: Hundred Talon Strike
RfG: Psychic Spear, Three Tragedies, First Volley, Silverstorm Samurai
Hand: 4
In Play:

(T,U) Mt x2
(T,T) Island x2
(T,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Forest x2

(U) Shimmering Glasskite (2/3, flying, Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time in a turn, counter that spell or ability) Dead?

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku, Aura Barbs, God's Eye-Gate to the Reikai, Ninja of the Deep Hours, Blademane Baku, Minamo's Meddling, Shimmering Glasskite
RfG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll chump block the Cohort with my ninja dude and tap the Palliator to prevent 1 dmg, so I believe I just take 4.

Untap, upkeep

Island

Done

Hand: 6
In Play

(UU) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TT) Island
(TT) Forest
(TU) Plains

(T) Goblin Cohort (2/2, ~ can't attack unless I've played a creature spell this turn) ~ +1/+0 and FS until eot
(T) Floodbringer (1/2; Flying; 2,Return a land to my hand: Tap target land) ~ packing Powder.
(T) Matsu Tribe Sniper (1/1; T: ~ Deals 1 to target creature w/ flying. Tap that creature and it doesn't untap during it's controller's next untap phase)
(T) Jetting Glasskite (4/4; Flying; Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time in a turn, counter that spell or ability) ~ Spirit
(S) Quillmane Baku (3/3; Spirit; 1,T, Remove X ki counters from ~: Return target creature with converted mana cost X or less to its owner's hand; Whenever I play a spirit or an arcane spell, put a Ki counter on ~) ~ 1 Ki Counter

Spiderman: 10
In Play:

(U,U) Mt x2
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Forest x2

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku, Aura Barbs, God's Eye-Gate to the Reikai, Ninja of the Deep Hours, Blademane Baku, Minamo's Meddling, Shimmering Glasskite, Mistblade Shinobi
RfG:

B

BigBlue

Hmm... I sorta expected something different.

UU

Play Swamp
Play Scaled Hulk
Equip Powder on Cohort

Attack w/ Cohort, Glasskite, and Floodbringer

Hand: 3
In Play

(TUU) Swamp
(T) Mountain
(TT) Island
(TT) Forest
(TT) Plains

(T) Goblin Cohort (2/2, ~ can't attack unless I've played a creature spell this turn) ~ packing Powder
(T) Floodbringer (1/2; Flying; 2,Return a land to my hand: Tap target land)
(T) Jetting Glasskite (4/4; Spirit; Flying; Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability for the first time in a turn, counter that spell or ability)
(U) Quillmane Baku (3/3; Spirit; 1,T, Remove X ki counters from ~: Return target creature with converted mana cost X or less to its owner's hand; Whenever I play a spirit or an arcane spell, put a Ki counter on ~) ~ 2 Ki Counters
(S) Scaled Hulk (4/4; Spirit; Whenever I play a Spirit or Arcane Spell, ~ gets +2/+2 until eot)

Spiderman: 10
In Play:

(U,U) Mt x2
(U,U,U) Island x3
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Forest x2

Graveyard: Quillmane Baku, Aura Barbs, God's Eye-Gate to the Reikai, Ninja of the Deep Hours, Blademane Baku, Minamo's Meddling, Shimmering Glasskite, Mistblade Shinobi
RfG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You know what I have, so you know you're pretty much going to win this :)

During Attackers, URG for Toils of Night and Day, targeting your Glasskite (countered) and my Cavalry. In response, tap my Cavalry to deal 1 dmg to your Glasskite. Responses to any of that?

B

BigBlue

Nope - And none to Ire either... :)

I didn't figure I could keep everything alive... but I don't much think it'll matter in a turn.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, you just have bigger guys than me :(

Okay, so my Cavalry deals 1 to the Glasskite and then it untaps, so I tap it to deal another to the Glasskite and cast Ire for the rest. Can't do anything about the rest but During Damage I'll tap the Palliator to prevent 1, so just end up taking 2, correct?