Mindmaster Beta: Spidey vs BigBlue

B

BigBlue

I don't see how I'm going to win this...

Untap, Swamp, Hypnotic Specter, Rod of Ruin, Done.

BigBlue 9
Hand 6
In Play

(T) Sol Ring (T:2) (Copy Artifact)
(T) Island x1 (Ench w/ Wild Growth)
(T) Forest x1
(U) Plains x1
(TT) Swamp x2

(U) Rod of Ruin (3,T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature or player)

(U) Prodigal Sorcerer (1/1; T: Deal 1 pt dmg to target creature or player)
(S) Hypnotic Specter (2/2; Flying; When ~ damages a player, they discard a card at random)

Graveyard: War Mammoth, Holy Armor, Merfolk of the Pearl Trident
Removed

----------------------
SpiderMan 20
Hand 6
In Play:

(U) Mt
(U) Mt *Wild Growthed*
(T) Forest
(U) Island
(T) Plains

Wild Growth (Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds G to his mana pool)
CoP: Red (1: The next time a red source of my choice would deal dmg to me this turn, prevent that dmg)

(U) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to my mana pool)
(U) Jade Monolith (1: The next time a source of my choice would deal dmg to target creature this turn, that source deals its dmg to me instead)

(T) Stone Giant (1/3, T: Target creature I control with power less than ~'s toughness gains flying ueot. Destroy that creature aeot) (Ench w/ Weakness)
(T) Giant Spider (2/4, reach)
(T) Ironclaw Orcs (2/2, ~ can't block creatures with power 2 or greater)
(T) Merfolk of the Pearl Trident (1/1)

Graveyard: Lightning Bolt
Removed

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if you keep putting out creatures...

Untap, upkeep

Plains
Tap out to Fireball the Spector, Sorceror and you for 2 each
Responses?

BigBlue 9
Hand 6
In Play

(T) Forest x1
(U) Plains x1
(TT) Swamp x2

(U) Prodigal Sorcerer (1/1; T: Deal 1 pt dmg to target creature or player)
(S) Hypnotic Specter (2/2; Flying; When ~ damages a player, they discard a card at random)

Graveyard: War Mammoth, Holy Armor, Merfolk of the Pearl Trident
Removed

----------------------
SpiderMan 20
Hand 5
In Play:

(T) Mt
(T) Mt *Wild Growthed*
(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T,T) Plains x2

Wild Growth (Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, its controller adds G to his mana pool)
CoP: Red (1: The next time a red source of my choice would deal dmg to me this turn, prevent that dmg)

(T) Sol Ring (T: Add 2 to my mana pool)
(U) Jade Monolith (1: The next time a source of my choice would deal dmg to target creature this turn, that source deals its dmg to me instead)

(U) Stone Giant (1/3, T: Target creature I control with power less than ~'s toughness gains flying ueot. Destroy that creature aeot) (Ench w/ Weakness)
(U) Giant Spider (2/4, reach)
(U) Ironclaw Orcs (2/2, ~ can't block creatures with power 2 or greater)
(U) Merfolk of the Pearl Trident (1/1)

Graveyard: Lightning Bolt, Fireball
Removed

B

BigBlue

tap the sorcerer to kill the merfolk, play Healing Salve on the spector, eat 2.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Attack with the Orcs

Responses/blocks?

BigBlue 7
Hand 6
In Play

(T) Forest x1
(U) Plains x1
(TT) Swamp x2

Graveyard: War Mammoth, Holy Armor, Merfolk of the Pearl Trident, Prodigal Sorceror, Healing Salve
Removed

----------------------
SpiderMan 20
Hand 5
In Play:

(T) Mt
(T) Mt *Wild Growthed*
(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T,T) Plains x2

(U) Stone Giant (1/3, T: Target creature I control with power less than ~'s toughness gains flying ueot. Destroy that creature aeot) (Ench w/ Weakness)
(T) Ironclaw Orcs (2/2, ~ can't block creatures with power 2 or greater)

Graveyard: Lightning Bolt, Fireball, Merfolk of The Pearl Trident
Removed

B

BigBlue

block the orc (there's still one pt of dmg prevention on the spector)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh, right. The Orc dies.

Done

BigBlue 7
Hand 6
In Play

(T) Forest x1
(U) Plains x1
(TT) Swamp x2

Graveyard: War Mammoth, Holy Armor, Merfolk of the Pearl Trident, Prodigal Sorceror, Healing Salve
Removed

----------------------
SpiderMan 20
Hand 5
In Play:

(T) Mt
(T) Mt *Wild Growthed*
(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T,T) Plains x2

Graveyard: Lightning Bolt, Fireball, Merfolk of The Pearl Trident, Ironclaw Orcs
Removed

B

BigBlue

Untap, Play Mountain, Attack w/ the Spectre, play false orders to prevent him from being blocked, Choose the middle card, Disenchant the Sol Ring, Done (dying soon - but damnit - I'm gonna make you discard! And keep you from a perfect 20... :) ) Just wish I had another creature... the bolt killing my mammoth was huge... Especially losing the armor which would have made any creature more viable.

BigBlue 7
Hand 4
In Play

(U) Sol Ring (T:2) (Copy Artifact)
(U) Island x1 (Ench w/ Wild Growth)
(U) Forest x1
(T) Plains x1
(T) Mountain x1
(TU) Swamp x2

Graveyard: War Mammoth, Holy Armor, Merfolk of the Pearl Trident, Prodigal Sorceror, Healing Salve, False Orders, Disenchant
Removed

----------------------
SpiderMan 20 18?
Hand 5 4?
In Play:

(T) Mt
(T) Mt *Wild Growthed*
(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T,T) Plains x2

Graveyard: Lightning Bolt, Fireball, Merfolk of The Pearl Trident, Ironclaw Orcs, Sol Ring
Removed

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You got Giant Growth.

Untap, upkeep

Attack with the Giant for 1

Done

BigBlue 6
Hand 4
In Play

(U) Forest x1
(T) Plains x1
(T) Mountain x1
(TU) Swamp x2

Graveyard: War Mammoth, Holy Armor, Merfolk of the Pearl Trident, Prodigal Sorceror, Healing Salve, False Orders, Disenchant
Removed

----------------------
SpiderMan 18
Hand 4
In Play:

(U) Mt
(U) Mt *Wild Growthed*
(U) Forest
(U) Island
(U,U) Plains x2

(T) Stone Giant (1/3, T: Target creature I control with power less than ~'s toughness gains flying ueot. Destroy that creature aeot) (Ench w/ Weakness)

Graveyard: Lightning Bolt, Fireball, Merfolk of The Pearl Trident, Ironclaw Orcs, Sol Ring, Giant Growth
Removed

B

BigBlue

Zap you for one with the Rod of Ruin at your EOT... (If I could have, I'd rather have copied that than the ring, but I had to try to keep up with you).

Untap, Play Mountain, Play Firebreathing on Spectre, Play Lance on Spectre, Attack w/ Spectre, Play my second False Orders before blockers - Pick card #2, Done.

This might get interesting now...

BigBlue 6
Hand 0
In Play

(U) Forest x1
(T) Plains x1
(TT) Mountain x1
(UU) Swamp x2

(T) Hypnotic Specter (2/2; Flying; First Strike; R: +1/+0 until eot; When ~ damages a player, they discard a card at random) (Ench w/ Firebreathing & Lance)

Graveyard: War Mammoth, Holy Armor, Merfolk of the Pearl Trident, Prodigal Sorceror, Healing Salve, False Orders, Disenchant, False Orders
Removed

----------------------
SpiderMan 17 15?
Hand 4 3?
In Play:

(U) Mt
(U) Mt *Wild Growthed*
(U) Forest
(U) Island
(U,U) Plains x2

(T) Stone Giant (1/3, T: Target creature I control with power less than ~'s toughness gains flying ueot. Destroy that creature aeot) (Ench w/ Weakness owned by BigBlue)

Graveyard: Lightning Bolt, Fireball, Merfolk of The Pearl Trident, Ironclaw Orcs, Sol Ring, Giant Growth
Removed

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm gonna Healing Salve myself to prevent the dmg.

Untap, upkeep

Attack with both for 3

Done

BigBlue 3
Hand 0
In Play

(U) Forest x1
(T) Plains x1
(TT) Mountain x1
(UU) Swamp x2

(T) Hypnotic Specter (2/2; Flying; First Strike; R: +1/+0 until eot; When ~ damages a player, they discard a card at random) (Ench w/ Firebreathing & Lance)

Graveyard: War Mammoth, Holy Armor, Merfolk of the Pearl Trident, Prodigal Sorceror, Healing Salve, False Orders, Disenchant, False Orders
Removed

----------------------
SpiderMan 17
Hand 3
In Play:

(U) Mt
(U) Mt *Wild Growthed*
(U) Forest
(U) Island
(U,U) Plains x2

(T) Stone Giant (1/3, T: Target creature I control with power less than ~'s toughness gains flying ueot. Destroy that creature aeot) (Ench w/ Weakness owned by BigBlue)

Graveyard: Lightning Bolt, Fireball, Merfolk of The Pearl Trident, Ironclaw Orcs, Sol Ring, Giant Growth, Healing Salve
Removed

B

BigBlue

Guess the Rod's useless then for that turn...

Untap, Play Mountain, Done.

BigBlue 3
Hand 0
In Play

(U) Forest x1
(U) Plains x1
(UUU) Mountain x3
(UU) Swamp x2

(U) Hypnotic Specter (2/2; Flying; First Strike; R: +1/+0 until eot; When ~ damages a player, they discard a card at random) (Ench w/ Firebreathing & Lance)

Removed

----------------------
SpiderMan 17
Hand 3
In Play:

(U) Mt
(U) Mt *Wild Growthed*
(U) Forest
(U) Island
(U,U) Plains x2

Graveyard: Lightning Bolt, Fireball, Merfolk of The Pearl Trident, Ironclaw Orcs, Sol Ring, Giant Growth, Healing Salve
Removed

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Swamp
Paralyze the Specter
Attack with both
Game?

BigBlue 3
Hand 0
In Play

(U) Forest x1
(U) Plains x1
(UUU) Mountain x3
(UU) Swamp x2

(T) Hypnotic Specter (2/2; Flying; First Strike; R: +1/+0 until eot; When ~ damages a player, they discard a card at random) (Ench w/ Firebreathing & Lance) *Paralyzed*

Removed

----------------------
SpiderMan 17
Hand 2
In Play:

(U) Mt
(U) Mt *Wild Growthed*
(U) Forest
(U) Island
(U,U) Plains x2
(T) Swamp

Paralyze (When ~ CIP, tap enchanted creature. Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step. Enchanted creature has: "At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay 4. If you do, untap this creature)

Removed

B

BigBlue

Game.... there was only a slim chance... I'll zing you for one w/ the rod on my way out... for a small taste of vengeance...

On to Arabian Nights?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game! I only had a Wall of Wood and Consecrate Land left :rolleyes:

I realized in the middle of the game that I didn't have a lot of creatures and I should have kept better care of the ones I had :)

Yep, onto Arabian Nights. Who's generating for us?

B

BigBlue

Now, isn't that set the one with only 8 cards in a booster? or are we doing something different - like 2 boosters... I don't know how sustainable 8 cards is...

Or was 8 a different set?