Mindmaster Antiquities: Modus Pwnens vs Spiderman

M

Modus Pwnens

Then at end of turn, I'll fling my Tablet towards your Atog, using my last mana to gain another life. I have a feeling you'll want to respond to that..

M

Modus Pwnens

Untap, upkeep.
Plains, Phyrexian Gremlins, Orcish Mechanics (yup).

Done

Modus Pwnens: 20
Hand: 10
In play:

(U) Mountain
(U) Forest
(U) Swamp
(U) Plains
(U) Island

Urza's Chalice (Whenever a player plays an artifact spell, you may pay 1. If you do, you gain 1 life.)
Artifact Possession (Enchant artifact. Whenever enchanted artifact becomes tapped or a player plays an activated ability of enchanted artifact without T in its activation cost, Artifact Possession deals 2 damage to that artifact's controller.)

(U) Argothian Pixies (2/1, Argothian Pixies can't be blocked by artifact creatures. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Argothian Pixies by artifact creatures.)
(U) Orcish Mechanics (1/1, T, Sacrifice an artifact: Orcish Mechanics deals 2 damage to target creature or player.)
(S) Orcish Mechanics (1/1, T, Sacrifice an artifact: Orcish Mechanics deals 2 damage to target creature or player.)
(S) Phyrexian Gremlins (1/1, You may choose not to untap Phyrexian Gremlins during your untap step. T: Tap target artifact. As long as Phyrexian Gremlins remains tapped, that artifact doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.)

Graveyard: Battering Ram, Tablet of Epityr
RFG:

Spiderman: 18
In play:

(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Plains
(T) Forest

(U) Tablet of Epityr (Whenever an artifact I control is put into the graveyard from play, I may pay 1. If I do, I gain 1 life)
(T) Tawnos's Weaponry (I may choose not to untap ~ during my untap step. 2, T: Target creature gets +1/+1 as long as ~ remains tapped) *possessed*
(U) Feldon's Cane (T, Remove ~ from the game: Shuffle my graveyard into my library)

(U) Priest of Yawgmoth (1/2, T, Sac an artifact: Add to my mana pool an amount of black mana equal to the sacced artifact's converted mana cost)
(S) Atog (1/2, Sac an Artifact: ~ gains +2/+2 ueot)

Graveyard: Sage of Lat-Nam
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Two Mechanics? Man...

Added your Plains and tapped all of your land

Untap (not the Weaponry), upkeep

Amulet of Kroog
Attack with the Atog
Responses/blocks?

Modus Pwnens: 20
In play:

(T) Mountain
(T) Forest
(T) Swamp
(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Island

Urza's Chalice (Whenever a player plays an artifact spell, you may pay 1. If you do, you gain 1 life.)
Artifact Possession (Enchant artifact. Whenever enchanted artifact becomes tapped or a player plays an activated ability of enchanted artifact without T in its activation cost, Artifact Possession deals 2 damage to that artifact's controller.)

(U) Argothian Pixies (2/1, Argothian Pixies can't be blocked by artifact creatures. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Argothian Pixies by artifact creatures.)
(U) Orcish Mechanics (1/1, T, Sacrifice an artifact: Orcish Mechanics deals 2 damage to target creature or player.)
(S) Orcish Mechanics (1/1, T, Sacrifice an artifact: Orcish Mechanics deals 2 damage to target creature or player.)
(S) Phyrexian Gremlins (1/1, You may choose not to untap Phyrexian Gremlins during your untap step. T: Tap target artifact. As long as Phyrexian Gremlins remains tapped, that artifact doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.)

RFG:

Hand: 9
In play:

(U) Mt
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(U) Plains
(U) Forest

(U) Tablet of Epityr (Whenever an artifact I control is put into the graveyard from play, I may pay 1. If I do, I gain 1 life)
(T) Tawnos's Weaponry (I may choose not to untap ~ during my untap step. 2, T: Target creature gets +1/+1 as long as ~ remains tapped) *possessed*
(U) Feldon's Cane (T, Remove ~ from the game: Shuffle my graveyard into my library)
(U) Amulet of Kroog (2, T: Prevent the next 1 dmg that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn)

(U) Priest of Yawgmoth (1/2, T, Sac an artifact: Add to my mana pool an amount of black mana equal to the sacced artifact's converted mana cost)
(T) Atog (2/3 due to Weaponry, Sac an Artifact: ~ gains +2/+2 ueot) *Weaponry*

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That'd be two then.

Plains

Done

Modus Pwnens: 18
In play:

(T) Mountain
(T) Forest
(T) Swamp
(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Island

RFG:

In play:

(U) Mt
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(U,U) Plains x2
(U) Forest

(U) Amulet of Kroog (2, T: Prevent the next 1 dmg that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn)

RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

Untap, in my upkeep I'll tap the amulet with my Gremlins. Response?

M

Modus Pwnens

Figured as much.
Island, Staff of Zegon (3, T: Target creature gets -2/-0 until end of turn.) response to that?

Modus Pwnens: 18
In play:

(U) Mountain
(T) Forest
(T) Swamp
(T,T) Plains x2
(U,U) Island

RFG:

In play:

(U) Mt
(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(W,W) Plains x2
(U) Forest

RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

Of course you do. No power artifact then, and I'm done..
Edit: never mind that, just checked the rest of my hand:

Gate to Phyrexia BB (Sacrifice a creature: Destroy target artifact. Play this ability only during your upkeep and only once each turn.)
Power Artifact UU (Enchant artifact. Enchanted artifact's activated abilities cost up to 2 less to play. If this would make an ability cost 0 or less mana to play, it costs 1, plus any nonmana costs.)
Damping Field 2W (Players can't untap more than one artifact during their untap steps.)
Titania's Song 3G (Each noncreature artifact loses its abilities and becomes an artifact creature with power and toughness each equal to its converted mana cost. If Titania's Song leaves play, this effect continues until end of turn.)
Artifact Blast R (Counter target artifact spell.)
Battering Ram 2 (1/1, At the beginning of your combat phase, Battering Ram gains banding until end of combat. Whenever Battering Ram becomes blocked by a Wall, destroy that Wall at end of combat.)
Reverse Polarity WW (You gain X life, where X is twice the damage dealt to you so far this turn by artifacts.)
Urza's Power Plant

In short: i have no way to kill the atog, and since the pixies can only trade with your priest, I have no way of racing you. Good game :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game!

Wow, I wasn't sure if I could pull it out with the Mechanics out and I didn't have any way to kill them.

My hand was:

Phyrexian Gremlins
Crumble
Clay Statue
Artifact Ward
Another Atog
Martyrs of Korliss
Armageddon Clock

I figured putting out the Gremlins was useless because of the Mechanics (and you didn't have any good artifacts out anymore), Clay Statue was neutralized by the Pixes, and wasn't sure how to use Armageddon Clock safely :)

Onto Legends?

M

Modus Pwnens

I didn't had any artifacts to use with my mechanics after you countered the staff, which i wasn't going to sac anyway, unless i had absolutely no other choice ;)

Clock seems interesting, I wouldn't know how to make use of it :D