Mindmaster Alliances: Spidey vs Modus Pwnens

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was so caught up that of course my Fury triggered on the block also :)

Damage assignation: 6 to the Chieften, 1 to you.

You tap RG to regen. It resolves.
I'll tap WWG for Martyrdom, targeting my Fiend. Responses?
If not, I redirect one dmg from my War-Makers to the Fiend. Responses?
If not, dmg resolves?

M

Modus Pwnens

All works for me. My life stays the same and everything lives?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep

Lord of Tresserhorn
Responses?

Spidey: 15
Hand: 4
In Play:

(T) Mt
(T,U) Island x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,U) Swamp x2

Bestial Fury (When ~ CIP, draw a card at the beginning of next turn's upkeep. Whenever enchanted creature becomes blocked, ~ gets +4/+0 and gains trample ueot)
Nature's Blessing (GW, Discard a card: Target creature gets a +1/+1 ctr or gains banding, first strike, or trample permanently)

(T) Balduvian War-Makers (3/3, haste, Rampage 1) *Furious*
(U) Phantasmal Fiend (1/5, B: ~ gets +1/-1 ueot. 1U: Switch ~'s power and toughness ueot)
(S) Lord of Tresserhorn (10/4, When ~ CIP, I lose 2 life and sac 2 creatures and Modus draws 2 cards. B: Regen ~)

Graveyard: Astrolabe, Feast or Famine, Martyrdom
RFG:

Modus: 11
Hand: 6
In Play:

(T, T) Mountain
(T, T) Swamp
(T, T, T) Forest
(U) Island

Gift of the Woods (Whenever enchanted creature blocks or becomes blocked, it gets +0/+3 until end of turn and you gain 1 life.)

(U) Benthic Explorers (2/4, T, Untap a tapped land an opponent controls: Add one mana of any type that land could produce to your mana pool.)
(U) Gorilla Chieftain (3/3, 1G: Regenerate ~.) *Gifted*
(S) Gorilla Berserkers (2/3, Trample. rampage 2. ~ can't be blocked except by three or more creatures.)

Graveyard: Balduvian War-Makers, Bestial Fury
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I hope it's not a mistake :)

Sac my two guys and lose my 2 life

Done

Spidey: 13
In Play:

(T) Mt
(T,U) Island x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,U) Swamp x2

Nature's Blessing (GW, Discard a card: Target creature gets a +1/+1 ctr or gains banding, first strike, or trample permanently)

(S) Lord of Tresserhorn (10/4, When ~ CIP, I lose 2 life and sac 2 creatures and Modus draws 2 cards. B: Regen ~)

Graveyard: Astrolabe, Feast or Famine, Martyrdom, Balduvian War-Makers, Bestial Fury, Phantasmal Fiend
RFG:

Hand: 6
In Play:

(T, T) Mountain
(T, T) Swamp
(T, T, T) Forest
(U) Island

Gift of the Woods (Whenever enchanted creature blocks or becomes blocked, it gets +0/+3 until end of turn and you gain 1 life.)

(U) Benthic Explorers (2/4, T, Untap a tapped land an opponent controls: Add one mana of any type that land could produce to your mana pool.)
(S) Gorilla Berserkers (2/3, Trample. rampage 2. ~ can't be blocked except by three or more creatures.)

RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

That would be two damage to you then :)

Mountain, Balduvian Dead, done.

Spidey: 11
In Play:

(T) Mt
(T,U) Island x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(T,U) Swamp x2

Graveyard: Astrolabe, Feast or Famine, Martyrdom, Balduvian War-Makers, Bestial Fury, Phantasmal Fiend
RFG:

Hand: 5
In Play:

(T, T, U) Mountain
(T, U) Swamp
(U, U, U) Forest
(T) Island

(T) Gorilla Berserkers (2/3, Trample. rampage 2. ~ can't be blocked except by three or more creatures.)
(S) Balduvian Dead (2/3, 2R, Remove a creature card in your graveyard from the game: Put a 3/1 black and red Graveborn creature token with haste into play. Sacrifice it at end of turn.)

RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

Burnout 1R (Counter target instant spell if it is blue. Draw a card at the beginning of the next turn's upkeep.) (paying GR)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Doh!

Untap, upkeep

Attack with the Lord
Responses/blocks?

Hand: 3
In Play:

(U) Mt
(U,U) Island x2
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Plains x2
(U,U) Swamp x2

(T) Lord of Tresserhorn (10/4, When ~ CIP, I lose 2 life and sac 2 creatures and Modus draws 2 cards. B: Regen ~)

Graveyard: Astrolabe, Feast or Famine, Martyrdom, Balduvian War-Makers, Bestial Fury, Phantasmal Fiend, Arcane Denial
RFG:

In Play:

(T, T, T) Mountain
(T, U) Swamp
(T, U, U) Forest
(T) Island

(T) Gorilla Berserkers (2/3, Trample. rampage 2. ~ can't be blocked except by three or more creatures.)
(S) Balduvian Dead (2/3, 2R, Remove a creature card in your graveyard from the game: Put a 3/1 black and red Graveborn creature token with haste into play. Sacrifice it at end of turn.)

Graveyard: Balduvian War-Makers, Bestial Fury, Burnout
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure if you're regening During Blockers or During Dmg, but just to be clear:

Nature's Blessing resolves.
GW and discard Bounty of the Hunt to give my Lord +1/+1. Responses (Regen here?)?
Dmg on stack (6 on Chieftain and 5 to you)?
Regen here?
Dmg resolves (you lose a net of 4)?

M

Modus Pwnens

Does it really matter? I'll regen with damage on the stack.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Usually it doesn't but sometimes it does. I find making things clear from the beginning is better than trying to clean up from a mess after :)

Done

Hand: 1
In Play:

(U) Mt
(U,U) Island x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(U,U) Swamp x2

(T) Lord of Tresserhorn (11/5, When ~ CIP, I lose 2 life and sac 2 creatures and Modus draws 2 cards. Trample, B: Regen ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Astrolabe, Feast or Famine, Martyrdom, Balduvian War-Makers, Bestial Fury, Phantasmal Fiend, Arcane Denial, Browse, Bounty of the Hunt
RFG:

Modus: 7
In Play:

(T, T, T) Mountain
(T, U) Swamp
(T, T, T) Forest
(T) Island

(T) Gorilla Chieftain (3/3, 1G: Regenerate ~.) *Gifted*

Graveyard: Balduvian War-Makers, Bestial Fury, Burnout
RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

Untap, upkeep.

Island.

Pay RBU to make a token (removing the war-makers from the game). Attack with the token, the berserkers and the Balduvian Dead.

Responses?

M

Modus Pwnens

That's 7 then :eek:

Stromgald Spy, done.

Spidey: 4
Hand: 1
In Play:

(U) Mt
(U,U) Island x2
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T) Plains x2
(U,U) Swamp x2

(T) Lord of Tresserhorn (11/5, When ~ CIP, I lose 2 life and sac 2 creatures and Modus draws 2 cards. Trample, B: Regen ~) *1 +1/+1 ctr*

Graveyard: Astrolabe, Feast or Famine, Martyrdom, Balduvian War-Makers, Bestial Fury, Phantasmal Fiend, Arcane Denial, Browse, Bounty of the Hunt
RFG:

Modus: 7
Hand: 3
In Play:

(T, T, U) Mountain
(T, T) Swamp
(T, U, U) Forest
(T, T) Island

(T) Balduvian Dead (2/3, 2R, Remove a creature card in your graveyard from the game: Put a 3/1 black and red Graveborn creature token with haste into play. Sacrifice it at end of turn.)
(S) Stromgald Spy (2/4, Whenever ~ attacks and isn't blocked, you may have defending player play with his or her hand revealed as long as Stromgald Spy remains in play. If you do, Stromgald Spy deals no combat damage this turn.)

Graveyard: Bestial Fury, Burnout
RFG:Balduvian War-Makers