Message Board RPG part 4 "The Keep"

R

rkoelsch

There are shelves along the walls and a couple of crates on the floor. The shelves look empty.

M

Major Crime

I'll lift the shield carefully out of the box, checking for attached wires as it comes up.

If I get it out, what size, shape, what's it made of , what colour & what's the coat of arms on it?
(and any other questions I may have missed)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No offense, but does anyone else think this is kind of dopey? There's not as much player interaction (we're just telling rkoelsch what we want to do) and we're not really on at the same time. I mean, there was only one action between 1:30 PM EST to now! I'm not sure this is such a good idea (and this is NO reflection on rkoelsch's part, it's just that it doesn't feel like an RPG, really, because of the times we're on).

"Hey Snotgoblin, what's up with that shield?"

I'll go up the left stairs.

R

rkoelsch

I can continue if you want. I had sent a pm to melkor yesterday about the shield and he hasn't responded. It doesn't seem worth the effort almost.
and spidey I am not taking offense.

M

Major Crime

Well it does appear to be just the four of us. It does seem a bit strange trying to carry on.
If we try to start again but with a group of 8 to 9, as one or two will drop. Also it is trying to tie up the times we are on.
I can only get on at work, & only on my breaks, so it's before 9, 1 to 1.30, 4 to 4.30 & 5.30 for five min. Also those times are in GMT, 4 to 5 hours ahead of the east coast of USA.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's probably why Rando wanted to be sure that everyone was going to be on around the same time when he first started...

I hate to say it, but I'd have to vote not to continue (but cheers to rkoelsch for volunteering to pick it up from Rando)

R

Riva Iron-Grip

i want to continue. this is probably only post other than dw's that we're not killing the hell out of eachother. and i personally like this. sure it doesn't feel that much like an rpg, but it's fun, and we get to see other members try to use their imagination. rkeolsh i'm with ya man.
*i go up the right stairs*
what do i see

Melkor

I'm sorry that I kind of disappeared after Rando dropped out but I've been busy and after Rando left I didn't really have the heart anymore to make the time for it. I'd probably vote against continueing simply because this was Rando's baby and without him it just doesn't seem right, being in the first one and reading along with the second one really got me attached to his style. However, I'm willing to jump back in and invest the time again if the others want to keep going. Or possibly be involved in a completely new one.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

i want to keep going. this is getting the members of cpa unified. finally:D so we need to keep it up. dont lose any heart boys and girls. this is only the beginning

C

Cateran Emperor

How do you join this anyway? I've been reading and would like to get in on it :cool:

R

Riva Iron-Grip

just say that i would like to join, list your character and his stuff. that's about it

M

Major Crime

Well, if you are happy with the drawn out style, I'll stay in.
So that makes four + the GM so far, maybe a post should be put up in the General list again.

R

rkoelsch

I had some family problems come up and I won't be able to continue. I am sorry.

[Edited by rkoelsch on 10-13-00 at 09:54 AM]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, with rkoelsch out, I'm definitely dropping out. This is dopey... :)

Thanks for trying to continue it, rkoelsch!

I think Rando intends to come back when he gets a home hookup, but it'll probably be a while. I'll see what develops then.

Thradin shuffles off to the mountains, founds a great dwarven kingdom, and dies in glory fighting against a maurading dragon :)

R

Riva Iron-Grip

oh rkoelsch, i'm sorry. if anything bad has happened to your family tell them that i'm sorry. i feel for you bro.
*Barak fights against a clan of orcs in rkoelsch's name. dying in battle, just for the glory of fighting for rkoelsch*