Message Board RPG part 4 "The Keep"

R

rkoelsch

The barrel appears to be an old wine Barrel. There are no exterior markings and the barrel appears to be intact. The main street in the village runs alongside a small stream that empties into the harbor. Looking up that street you see the stream parts around a walled area. There is a drawbridge that passes over the stream. waiting for what actions.

R

rkoelsch

You see a courtyard. The wall curves around forming a circle with a gatehouse over the drawbridge and a tower opposite. The courtyard appears empty. The gate is up. There are some buildings along the walls and it looks like the tower door is closed.

I have told Riva if he wanted to join he could come in as a wandering mercenary. If there is a problem with that let me know.

M

Major Crime

*As long as we do not have to pay him up front!

Snotgoblin, once fully clothed follows, with bow hanging from right shoulder, follows into court yard.
Looks into windows of each building in turn.

*NOTE. Turn Signature off, makes reading the story easier. It's about the only rule we started with.

R

rkoelsch

Along the right side is a well, stables and a blacksmith shop. On the left there are a couple of residences and what appears to be a barracks. The door to the keep is up a small stairway and there are arrow slits on either side of the doorway.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

i going to check out what appears to be the barracks.
*sageridder, you coming? i'm going to need some back up in case something comes up*
grips battleaxe with a little tension

M

Major Crime

I'm checking the houses, start by looking in windows, then will try door.

R

rkoelsch

Snotgoblin -Looking in the windows of the 1st building shows an emptied residence cupboards and wardrobes are open and appear empty- 2 rooms the door opens on a room containing table, chairs and 2 cupboards by a fireplace. The 2nd room contains an apparently empty wardrobe and bedframe. The 2nd residence contains 2 rooms similar to the 1st except the front room is in disarray contents of cupboard strewn on the floor and what looks like a body in the doorway to the bedroom.

The Barracks appears as one large room. there are 16 cots around the room with open wardrobes beside them. Nothing can be seen to be in any wardrobes as seen from ouside.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

okay, i'll search the under the beds, and in the wardrobes. how about everyone on this post just stay here, and keep pushing refresh so that we can repley immediatley?

R

rkoelsch

a dagger on top of a wardrobe, a small pouch at the back of another and a jewel under a bed.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

very cool. what kind of gem is the jewel? and what is in the pouch?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Riva: Turn off your sig for this thread, please.

Thradin will run and catch up to the others, look in the windows, and check out the room that has the body in it.

R

rkoelsch

and the pouch contains 12 silver coins.

Thradin finds the remains of a human male in his forties. He is lying face down with an arrow in his back.He is slashed in several places and is missing his right hand. He is wearing a heavy quilted tunic and breeches. The floor is heavily stained and there are matching stains throughout the room. It is your guess the arrow killed him.

R

rkoelsch

You see a firepit and several barrels of water. There is a pile of wood in one corner. Nothing else is seen.