Message Board RPG, Chapter II : The Abandoned City

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* Are you referring to me? :) *

* I guess this means my action was putting hand on sword and backing away *

"Eh? What do you mean? We just got here ourselves... we have no idea where everyone is. Who told you there'd be more villagers here?"

* Hey Bob, I'm pretty sure you're just supposed to state your actions. So your first line of your post was fine. Let the GM handle what happens next (don't take the role of others) :) *

B

Bob

I never even played D&D. But I have played at magicrpg1.homestead.com :D Cool site. Run by Hawaiian Mage

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just imagine yourself as your character and post how he would act/react. Since you're just your character you wouldn't know how the other PC and NPC's would react so you have to wait for them or the GM to post the next set of reponses/actions. That's all. :)

A

Almindhra

[I guess I wasn't very clear, I was trying to take the minotaurs axe]

M

Major Crime

Stares at the little "lady" Almindhra. Moves in close behind, and taps her on the right shoulder.

* I know I said my caharacter likes water, but I thing I'm getting a bit too much into character, spent three hours today clearing up after a burst pipe over night. Flood went down two floors from mine!

R

Rando

To everyone -
I'm not making you wait. There is just so much I can do. Now is the time for the players to talk and decide on a plan. The Minotaur is being played by sageridder, there fore I can not really say if Almindhra gets the axe. After a plan has been made, then I'll get going with the plot. Sorry, but I'm sure you don't want me whiping your characters around mindlessly through the city, telling my own story while none of actually get to role-play anything and don't really contribute. The corse of action you all take now will determine what direction the story goes.

And by the way. I am unable to post on the week ends since I do not have an Internet connection at home. So after today, there will be no updates to the story until Monday, except what you all put, character actions and questions and such.

S

sageridder

My people live in the mountains,away from those other humans.Hmmm I was told men like you lived in this city,but i had also heard of your kind living acrss the great water as well.
*stated was holding axe firmly so I don't think so*
*Squats down* You humans come in many shapes and sizes don't you
*I'm not shure if i can trust these people,and am watching for any movement out of the corner of my eye as i squat down.if i feel a threating gesture is made i will cast my non healing spell at the attacker*

Melkor

"Do you know about any humans living in the jungle around the city? Why did you come here in the first place?"

S

sageridder

*I stand back up*A dwarf?yesss I think i rember somthing like that in the stories the elders tell.I have told you much allready and you have told me nothing.Tell me why you are here.And why some of you wanted to harm me.

Melkor

"We are simple travelers from the Old World who have come here from across the sea in a ship for various reasons. We have only just arrived and are in a foreign land, so we have even less knowledge than you. That is why we ask so many questions. As for those who seemed hostile, well some of us are more easily excitable than others and tend to not think before they act. As long as you don't threaten me though, I won't threaten you. It really is important though if you know anything about human settlements in the jungles surrounding this place. And you still haven't answered the question of why you would come to this human city."

S

sageridder

I was told the people here were different from the jungle dwellers.
*turns to jonathan*
I had to know if not all men were evil.I've turned 19 suns and need to prove i am worthy of a wife,i guess this wasn't such a good idea after all.
*mutters "could have just wrestled bears like all the other guys"*
Kinda figured i could say i made it all the way here and bring back something to prove i was brave.
heck the people that were here well at least they didn't eat each other like the jungle people.Well except for...
Say i have been rude my name is belch it was given to me by the old ones.
*extends hand to Jonathan*
And you are?

B

Bob

Bob gives Belch a complimenariry piece of Cheese.
"Sorry about going after you with my scythe. i thought you were evil. And i think Kyrani, well, she really didn't harm you, she was more scared, but she wants to be famous and powerful..."

Melkor

Jonathan returns the handshake, "I'm Jonathan Winters and I've come here to... survey the jungles surrounding the city, obviously things have changed somewhat since then but I there are no signs of a struggle in this city. Which leads me to assume that most of the people must have left on their own, and since the jungles are the only place to go, it seems my final destination hasn't changed. A native guide would be invaluble in my search, if you're willing. I can reward you with gold and the like."

S

sageridder

That's understandable these are strange times for all of us.Kyriani are you referring to the child that ran away?
*turns back to jonathan*
"I never said anything about other human settlements have you been here before?"
*turns back to bob* Well i don't know about you but the inn two doors down altho abandoned still has mead and wine, better yet the food that was left cooking should be about done by now.Are you comming?

S

sageridder

*I'm adjusting this to take into account your post please do the same for your reply*
I'll have none of you gold,i have looked around whatever took the people only took one other thing any gold.right now i would like to eat and drink.
*i start off to the inn i mentioned*

Melkor

Jonathan follows after Belch to the inn. "Your comments about savages in the woods have intrigued me, do they have any order? Does someone lead them? If the people here just upped and left then they must have gone into the jungles and with these savages."

S

sageridder

Unless they were eaten,or magically removed.Don't know you humans act strangely.
*pulls mutten and pork done to perfection and sets the dishes on the table."would you grab something to drink?"

(*altho we haven't done much,we are acting far ahead of the group.they aren't frozen in time so if you agree let's wait for the rest.*)

Melkor

"Why I most certainly will get the refreshments."

(Agreed, I'll wait for others to get involved)