Message Board RPG, Chapter II : The Abandoned City

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Rando, Sep 28, 2000.

  1. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Everyone -
    Captain Hedgeway looks around the town, sipping all the while from his flask. "I don't know about the rest of you," he says, "but I don't like the looks of this at all. I'm going back to my ship, and I advise you all do the same. I leave for back home in the morning. I'm not going to stay in this ghost of a town." With that he takes another swig and shambles off back to the docks, towards his ship.

    To Thradin Chakka -
    As you head towards the center of the city, you come to a large open square. Ringing this square are several vendor's tents and a few shops. In the center is a high stone wall, set in a circle. There is one gate in theis wall, and it has been left wide open. Inside the wall are 4 buildings. 3 are 2 stories high, rectangulaer, and each has a set of steps that lead to a nice oak double door. One has a sign that says "Jail & Court": another has a sign that says "Tax Administrator": and the third has a sign that says "Guard Post."
    The 4th building is a tall white stone tower in the center of the other buildings, at least 75 feet high. There is no sign on this one. It has one entrance, a large double door with ornate brass fixtures.

    [Edited by Rando on September 28th, 2000 at 08:59 AM]
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    No backup?

    Thradin starts "checking" (read: rifling) through the vendor tents and shops outside the wall.
  3. Major Crime New Member

    Snotgoblin runs after the captain, and blocks the gang plank. Puts left hand on sword & demands that he is paid before the captain does anything else.

    * I can check back in one hour, then I'll be back at 0800 UTC.
  4. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Snotgoblin -
    The captain glares at you for a moment.
    "You'll be paid at the end of the trip, no sooner." he says. "Whats to stop you from running off with your full pay while the journey is only half done? If you like, I can pay you half, and your services will be done. But then you'd have to pay for passage back home, same as the others. Or, you could stay here, but it's up to you."
    He stands and awaits your response, all the while keeping one eye on you, and one on your sword.
  5. Major Crime New Member

    "I'd only planned to work one way, as I plan to go exploring the island for gems & rare metals.
    So I'll be taking my pay now please."

    * I'll head into Thradin's location if you want. I'm off home now, see you tomorrow. I'm in the UK with only connection at work, so my times on here may seem a bit strange.
    P.S. any limit on the number of arrows in my quiver. I would like 5 fish arrows, Bit longer with a single barb on one side & they are bamboo so they float. Rest can be 2 barded single sided, iron hunting heads. Flights are made of kingfisher feathers.
    [Not sure if you have the same coloured ones over in the States, over here the kingfisher is small but is an iridesent blue with orange patches.]
  6. Whimsical Adorable Sliver

    What?! And go home while adventure and danger beckons?! I think not! After all, I, Kyriani Riadan, youngest daughter of the House Riadan am after all an adventuress and a champion swordswoman! Ha! I laugh in the face of danger! Guys? Guys? Where's everyone going?!

    <sighs and starts dragging her luggage into the city>
  7. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Snotgoblin -
    The captain snorts, then digs around in his coat for a small sack of coin. He opens it and sorts through, then shoves a handfull of gold into your palm. "There ye be." says the captain. "If you were smart, you'd take yer full pay and a ride home, but suit yer self." The captain the shoves past you and onto the ship.

    To Thradin -
    While sorting through the shops in the market area, you sense that you are not alone. Looking behind you, you see Snotgoblin catching up with you while all the others lag behind. Turning back to whatever you were rumaging through, you are shocked to see a large bull-headed being standing before you! It would seem to be a minotar, but you have never seen a breed such as this.
  8. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Kyriani Riadan -
    As you head deeper into the city, the sailor called Snotgoblin rushes past you towards a market square up ahead. Following him with your eyes (for lack of anything better to look at in this desterted town) you see that he is headed towards the Dwarf, Thradin, who has already gone ahead. Suddenly, you see a huge hulking form come around a corner and stand next to the dwarf, who has his back to it! It's difficult from this distance to make out what it is.
  9. Whimsical Adorable Sliver

    <runs closer to see just what the beebles it is, dropping the luggage as I break into a sprint>

    Thought bubble: Mah big chance! If I save that little man's life (annoying though he is...), then I'll be a hero!

    GM note: Interestingly enough, she still hasn't drawn her sorry excuse for a sword. The thought of using a weapon hasn't really sunk in yet...
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

    * you know, if you keep doing those "to-" things, it might be better to PM the players. That way Kyriani doesn't know what I'm facing (although I guess if she plays it right she's not supposed to know; still, real-life Whimsy doesn't know either then *

    * what's this beast doing/acting? Is he threatening? Pleading? Big, silent type? *

    * This is my last post so threatening = Thradin puts hand on sword and slowly backs away

    pleading or big silent type = tries to communicate (but I don't know minotaur) *

    Edit as Whimsy's post just came up = OOOo, I'll get you for that, kinkyani! :)
  11. Bob Idiot

    Bob sees the figure lumbering towards his allies, and he leaps at it, scythe drawn-
    and is knocked to the ground by the minotaur.
    "Arrrrggg!!!!!" it cries. (Is that a quote Rando?")
    "Gulp..."
    The big minotaur raises his foot to crush Bob, but Bob rolls out of the way....
    takes his scythe from the ground and....
    runs.
    "I may be a wuss, but at least I'll be an alive wuss!"
  12. Whimsical Adorable Sliver

    OOC: I was sorta hoping to get to role-play this ... but sleep calls. So I'll have to leave Kyriani on auto-pilot (again). <sigh> Let me pretend, btw, that I don't know that it's a minotaur.

    GM Auto-pilot: Kyrie will run towards the hulking shadow with thoughts of glory and heroism in mind ... saving Kickyass is just incidental. :D Upon seeing the ugly brute (having never ever seen a minotaur before), she stops, turns pale, and hightails it to the nearest building, screaming her lungs out. There she will quiver in abject fear until I regain control of her again ...

    Gawd. Kyrie will never live the ribbing down after that... ;)

    G'night, y'all! Enjoy!
  13. Melkor Active Member

    (If you'll check back I had gone (or at least I thought I did) to the center of town too, with Thradin.)

    Jonathan draws his cutlass and stares at the beast.
  14. Almindhra Magic's Bitch

    Almindhra scoffs at the idea of getting back on that useless ship...Seeing an opportunity, she runs up to the stumpy dwarf...And her eyes look on big at the minotaur...Hmmm...Do we need to attack it? I think not...

    She walks up to he minotaur as he towers overs her and tries to communicate...

    "grunt grunt sniff sniff"...And pokes him in the belly with her fist...
  15. Rando Freaky Bear

    To Melkor -
    Sorry 'bout that. You are indeed up there with the Dwarf.

    To everyone -
    Whoa there! Stuff is moving too fast. The Minotaur does not act threateningly towards you, but it does not shy away either. We must now wait until the player of the minotaur arives. Suprise suprise!
  16. Melkor Active Member

    (Quick Kill it before the ephemeral transference is complete!)

    Jonathan queries the Minotaur, "Who are you? What are you doing here? Can you talk?"
  17. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

    Of course i can talk.were did all the rest of villagers go?I had been told there were many of your kind here,are the rest in hideing?
    *Belch holds tight onto his battleaxe and wonders if this aggressive group has eaten the others,Strange creatures these humans*
  18. sageridder Legendary Cpa Member

    The small one that grunts instead of talking,is it a child or a pet?
    *Belch grins*
  19. Melkor Active Member

    "Nevermind what it is, where did you come from? We got of a boat from the Old World not to long ago and you're the first living soul we've seen since arriving, but you don't seem to know whats going on, how did you get here? Where do you come from?"
  20. Almindhra Magic's Bitch

    Almindhra tries her swifty hand at the battleaxe of the minotaur...Stupid thing that it is...hahahahahahahaha!!

Share This Page