Message Board Role Playing Game

O

Ogg

Mmmm... OGG BIG, OGG STUPID.
OGG PLAY.
I've got OGG's personality down... and the (don't do anything that's just plain stupid) rule is gonna be kinda hard to follow. As a rabid AD&D and Vampire: The Masquerade fanatic (ok, I only just play a little Vampire), I know how to role-play him... In D&D, Intelligence 5, Strength 19. I know how do do it. Lift boulder, throw boulder. Lift boulder, break on head. =P
Just ask Cerberus... I think he's the only one who knows Ogg real well, though he's never played with him. And I'll do anything you put me into. A sci-fi setting'll be hard for Ogg, though...

Killer Joe

Ok, so it's pirates, right? Do I have to wear tights? And I nominate Spiderman as the "cabin boy" j/k :)
So when do we start? Are we still "in-port"? I don't drink anymore, so let's get this thing on the road....er,..um....water.

Me 'in character': I'm sitting on the dock looking at the ocean, it's about twenty min. or so after sunset and the sky is a floral of deep purples, reds and blues. And I think to myself, "Whereinthehell is Almindhra with those results!".

A

Almindhra

You will have them soon...I want to do something special for it, and its going to take some time...

Rando, I'm interested in this also...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
thanks to DUke :) now I'm confused. Are we playing ourselves (characters) as we are on these boards or are we having a different persona like in Whimsy's story? 'Cause I thought it was the latter... in which case DUke will just get to see how my character reacts, not how the Spidey here would react (sorry to disappoint :)). I could do either, I am now slightly puzzled. :confused:

Yellowjacket: And what, I get demoted from First Mate to Cabin Boy?!?! I'm not cleaning YOUR cabin then... ;)

Killer Joe

Hey Rondo, when do we start?
Ally: If we do pirates, what'cha gonna be?
Spidey: "Swab the deck!"
Hey, I'm likin' this Pirate stuff.

W

Whimsical

While I would've distinctly preferred a low-magic medieval setting ... I like to think I'm flexible ... and not just in bed. ;) <laughs>

Space opera is nice.
So is cyberpunk.
No more goth, please.

Can we play in a Xanthian setting? If so, my magic power would be the ability to see through stuff ... okay, fine. I can only see through pizza boxes. <laughs> Any Superhero League of Hoboken fan will recognize that gal.

Swashbuckling is fine though. <reappears in complete pirate get-up, lifting the eyepatch to squint at everyone here> Arrrr, me hearties! Arrr!!!

<laughs> I'd make a pathetic pirate. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I like to think I'm flexible ... and not just in bed.
Yellowjacket: And you have to worry about ME for this being a kiddie show? :)

Xanthian sounds interesting. What can my talent be... hmm... how about creating a stereo-sound effect around my person?

"Step Five (five five), don't you know that the time has ariiived..."

Hmm, Whimsy, I would have pictured you in standard serving wench dress...

<Bad Spidey for being stereotypical...>

Oops, I mean, aye-aye, my peg-legged one-eyed pirate chieftress! :D

W

Whimsical

<pulls out a huge mallet to bip Spidey on the head with> Oh, oops. Pirate scenery. <starts brandishing a cutlass> And you'd better learn to hop to it, boy! Oh, wait. <fumbles with the scabbard> Dang it. I keep forgetting to remove that. :)

On a more serious note...

Mister Rando sir? What's the mood for this game? Cheesily serious? Slapstick? A little of both?

Going back to nonsensical matters...

Never mind this blasted cheese-cutter. <tosses the cutlass aside and pulls out the mallet again> Start running, Spidey dahling! <glances at the false peg leg, talk about redundancies> On second thought ... start going at a brisk walk, Spidey dahling!!! :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
... it'll probably depend on my character, but cheesy slapstick is what I'm thinking... :)

[me] swabs the deck so shiningly clean that Whimsy stops cold on the other side and asks "Is it dry?"[/me]

<80's commercial reference for those confused>

W

Whimsical

An 80's commercial? That'd be rather obscure ... considering I have problems tracking commercials more than a month old. All the attention-span of a brain-damaged parakeet... <laughs>

I'd prefer slapstick, mahself... :)

<rubs a finger on the deck> You missed a spot, Spidey. <walks across the shiny floor in the new wench dress> Why are you two staring at the floor and not me? Are you guys listening to me? <glances at the floor and now notices its about as reflective as mirror ... stops for a moment to think about what she's wearing ... and realizes she's in a mini> Perverts!!! <blushes and runs after YJ and Spidey with mallet raised> :D

V

Volradon

I'd like to join, when do we start? Also, i liked that idea of being creatures which were summoned by a mage to battle.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
we have a peg-leg, one-eyed, pirate chieftress in a mini?

[me] scratches his head [/me]

Well, I guess you can't do worse for a boss ;)

Voldagon (sorry, can't scroll to see if that's how you spell it): I think it may be next week when Rando decides to start. But really, I don't know, I'm just the cabin boy.