Mercenary Deck

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

For the card that turns your lands into creatures, I think plaguelord2000 meant Natural Affinity. It's an Instant (I think) and it says, "All lands controlled by target player are 2/2 creatures until end of turn."

Of course, everyone probably forgot about it already, but then this sort of does make the deck like Snuff O'Derm. Maybe it should be called "Merc O' Derm" or something like that.

P

plaguelord2000

hey thats a good joke merc-o-derm. it does have a good ringe to it. alot of people have forgot about it, sense its such a ggreat card any ways. well it think this deck has had as much help as it can merc has been taken to a new level of status, now maby it will start winning some games at PTQs and tourny's. maby i will play this deck some time in the near future

D

Duel

But, but, but It's not merc! Plaguelord! It's not!
And I don't know about you, but I heard a request for a merc deck.

P

plaguelord2000

i did to, its that you cant run a solid blaack deck in MBC, you have to have a way to stop encantments. also MBC is built around creatures,so why not build a deck that exploits those things and put in some real creatures that all fear to see hit the board. by the way there is a merc engine in this deck didnt you see it duel, try looking agien. well until later fellow magic players

C

Cateran Emperor

Thallid ICM : It's Natural Affinity

Gizmo: You are correct, mercs do work best when they use a sacrfice theme in addition to whatever speed they choose (correct again, either DT or Attrition). However, I disagree when you say they are not that good, nor are there only 2 merc decks (I have a whole box full of ones to prove that) The Merc engine is far better than the Rebel engine in that it can search many more times once you get out the enforcer or slaver and then work down the ladder to the evasion ones. This is where most every deck gets screwed by mercs, they have little or no answer to the Fear mercs.

Plaguelord 2k: You can run mono-black in MBC since the format is really creature based. And I dunno if you're attacking me here or someone right before me, so I'll just leave it be.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Whoops, Natural Affinity is all players, so don't try to use Natural Affinity, then Massacre, as that's just an over-priced Armageddon unless you use Spidersilk Armor.

P

plaguelord2000

cateran enforcer.
i awsnt attacking you, i was making a statment from what i have seen, i think thers is some pescy enchantments out there such as sap burst, spidersilk armor, haunted crossroads, that realy tip the ballance to one side or anouther for a player, so i would say splash green it will help in the long run. well until later felllow magic players

D

Duel

I'd think that a preferable manner would be using duress, or MBC discard.