M

manchot_13

Spells:

3 Power Sink
4 Rethink
4 Counterspell

2 Submerge
1 Dominate
3 Seal of Removals (they only think they're enchantments)

3 Gush

Enchantments:

4 Rhystic Study
2 Rhystic Deluge
2 War Tax

Creatures:

3 Air Elementals
4 Cloudskates
1 Stronghold Biologist
1 Stronghold Machinist

Lands:

25 Islands
1 Terrain Generator

Sideboard:

2 Mana Vapors
2 Chameleon Spirits
2 Ensnare
3 Daze
3 Indentured Djinn
2 Stronghold Machinists
1 Rhystic Deluge

This is a basic blue control deck that uses the new rhystic spells and mana superiority to draw a lot of cards and maintain counterspell ability. It has a significant amount of creature control and has trouble mainly with fast decks and rebel decks. Any commentary is appreciated.

I

Istanbul

First of all, forget about maintaining counterspell capability. There's just not enough countermagic in Mercadian Block (BTW, Power Sink isn't in Mercadian Block) to keep it running. Use countermagic as part of a secondary strategy.

Secondly, Air Elementals aren't in Mercadian Block. If you want a fat flyer, you're going to have to go with something else...Troublesome Spirit taps you out, Extravagant Spirit may as well, Aerial Caravan is overpriced...consider Stronghold Zeppelin.

Finally, I see no creature control in this deck, save for five cards (Dominate, 2x War Tax, 2x Rhystic Deluge). You're going to need to do better than that to outrun Stompy/Rebel/Sligh/Fish/etc.

B

Bladefall

Actually there are a number of good counterspelling cards in MBC. Counterspell, is the first obviouse choice. Next, I like to play "Daze", espeacialy for early game countering. Thwart is also not a bad counterspelling card. so you have 4 of each of those and you have 12 counterspelling cards! You could also add on to the bouncing theme by adding Waterfront Bouncer. One of my favorite blue combos I use for my deck are...opponent taps creatures,then I play mistep and start bouncing creatures. Works great. Nice deck!

M

manchot_13

What i really meant was that this is a type two deck that uses only mercaidian block plus sixth because i'm to lazy to build my decks again when invasion comes out... plus i've never been to a tournament and probably won't for a while so that's kinda irrelevent.

C

Cateran Overlord

MM Block has more than its own fair share of counters:
Stronghold Machinist
Stronghold Biologist
Counterspell
Daze
Thwart
Foil
Rethink

If you want to slow down fast decks, use Rhystic Study or Overburden, both of which slow them down or give you a massive advantage.

M

manchot_13

I added an Overburden and a Foil to the deck and removed one dominate and one seal.

any more comments?

please? i really want to make this the PERFECT deck... even though taht's not possible

M

manchot_13

OK... it's not really mercaidian block, but it is really type two... but these in addition to other comments, are the things i am considering:

1. replacing seals with boomerangs
2. replacing air elementals with indentured djinns to add speed
3. taking out the cloudskates to add in more counterspells (like spellblast)
4. taking out the stronghold peoples to add more counterspells (i.e. daze)
5. Adding 4 Denying winds to the sideboard so i can deck the opponent as an alternative winning method in case of a lock (like flying rebels to block my nice creatures)

M

manchot_13

Since i've had extensive deck playtesting (mostly against myself though) i have noticed the decks biggest problem is green, it just can't seem to last out against greens onslaught of creatures... But here are my theories on this:

Once i have more than one land more than he does and a war tax i can prevent him from attacking (and against green that means i don't have to counter spells anymore) So, keeping ahead with lands becomes the most important part of the game at taht point... so with that note i also have the following ideas:

replacing gushes with accumulated knowledges

adding a soothsaying

possibly taking out the rhystic studies or leaving those as the first to go when sideboarding

M

manchot_13

OK... it's not really mercaidian block, but it is really type two... but these in addition to other comments, are the things i am considering:

1. replacing seals with boomerangs
2. replacing air elementals with indentured djinns to add speed
3. taking out the cloudskates to add in more counterspells (like spellblast)
4. taking out the stronghold peoples to add more counterspells (i.e. daze)
5. Adding 4 Denying winds to the sideboard so i can deck the opponent as an alternative winning method in case of a lock (like flying rebels to block my nice creatures)

F

Fire Slinger

You cant use Boomarangs in Mercadian Block. Try Hoodwinks. They're the only non-creature bounce in the block.:(