mega control red rath of god

P

plaguelord2000

heres my deck its red and it plays like it has armagedon and wrath of god in it. its so amazing ive one on turn 4 befor with this deck.you cant argy with the choices i made.

creatures
3 lava runer
4 keldon fire bombers
2 whip sargent
3 fault riders
3 spur graplers
3 fowstone walls
3 veteran brawlers
4 scoria cats
4 chimeric ideals

other
3 flowstone slide
2 kyren toys
4 shock
3 seal of fire
4 citadel of pain

lands
17mountains
2 ghitu encampments

yes there is 64 cards in the deck but it is still as fast as any deck out there.give me somesudestions for me to think over.well until later fellow magic players

N

nanokill

very nice deck looks like it works well.
i'll try it on apprentice sometime.:D

P

plaguelord2000

never tought about it, sounds like a side board card to me thuogh, do you think i should run tangle wires in the deck instead of the citadel of pains, ive been thinking about that somewhat

T

Thrash Golem

exactly how did you win on turn 4?
could you list the steps taken?

P

plaguelord2000

it was on tuen 6 im sorry
it went
turn1:mountain
turn2:mountain weteran brawlers
turn3:same thing
turn4:same thing
turn5:mountain tangle wire attack
turn6:tanp mountain attcak game over

that is when my deck was changed. heres how it is now

creatures
3 veteran brawlers
3 lava runners
2 whip sargent
3 spur grappler
3 fault riders
3 flowstone walls
4 scoria cats
4 keldon fire bombers
4 chimeric idiol

other
3 flowstone slide: the best red removal splee right now
3 tectonic break
2 task mage assembly
2 kyren toy
3 tangle wire
3 seal of fire

lands
2 ghitu encampment
18 mountains

N

Neo_Keo

I don't think you realy need the kyren toy, try puting other direct damge spells like Rhystic lighning etc..........

P

plaguelord2000

the kyren toys are in there to speed up the deck. i also use them for when i tektonic break or put out a firebomber.they help me to destroy the stupid creatures with regeneration such as masticor with flowstone slide. the flowstone slides are like a rath of god for red, thats is a few reasons i have the kyren toys in there for

T

Thrash Golem

okay, this is my mb6th versionof brawlers that i use.

Land:
20x mountains
1x rath's edge

Spells:
3x Tectonic Break
2x Cave-in
4x pillage
4x Stone Rain
4x seal of Fire
2x rhsytic lightning
4x shock

creatures:
4x veteran brawlers
4x branded brawlers
2x Scoria Cat
2x Keldon Berserker

Artifatcs:
4x chimeric Idol

i love this deck. unless they get like 6 straight lands at the beginning, there's no turning back. shock and seals for quick removal and cave-in for mass removal, and rhsytic lightning for heavy removal. the card i kill people most with using this deck, is Scoria cat, but its usually really late, like the 20th turn. i just nuke everything and wait for the opportunity to lay 20 points of brawler damage

P

plaguelord2000

good deck but think about this. cave in only does 2 oints of damage to every thing. i would use flowstone slide on my 10th turn kill every hting but my cats becouse im tapped out and my idols becouse there not creatures until after the damage resolves, i would use the firebombers over the stone rain becouse there creatures and the kill all but 3 land of every on and my deck doesnt care about land. i also have a better veriety of creatures to attack with rather than just brawlers that are disabeled if my opponent doenst tap out. i think my deck is a lttle beter than yours becouse of the creature fact. other than that i would use it. thanks for the suggestion though i might try it some day

T

Thrash Golem

Okay.. flowstone slide for 2, that costs 6 mana. Cave in, costs .. 1 red card in hand removed from game. Your deck just assumes they have no answers for anything you bring out.

Getting Rid of land. 3rd turn pillage, 4th turn stone rain, 5th turn tectonic break. get rid of all their land. if you use firebombers, theyre not at a land disadvantage cuz you only have 3 land too. plus, firebombers kind of takes away the point of citadel of pain.

I know for a fact my deck could win over yours like 7 out of 10.

By the 10th turn, you wouldnt be left with any land, thank you very much, plus i shock and seal of fire your cats.

Idols - pillage

I think that sums things up.

oh btw i challenge you to a duel on apprentice

P

plaguelord2000

ok if you think im only going to flowstone slide for 2 buts usely for about 5, that is why i have kyren toy in there, i do it but turn 6. that means my scorai cats live and all your shit dies. also ill have a idiol out so i would attack for about15 in 1 turn, then i play a bomber drop you to 3 lands for sing you to drop the biggest creature you can whitch is probably a 3/3 creature and i still run over you. you can trash my lands but i have kyren toys out for extra mana so if i drop a mana i play somem big shit and win. i like my deck.i think are decks would be a good match up, we would splitt most of the games.well until later fellow magic players

T

Thrash Golem

Okay.. what makes your scoria cat bigger then my scoria cat?

If you flowstone slide for 5, my cat will still be alive, plus i'll shock or seal of fire yours. i'll pillage your f**king kyren toy. Then i'll bring out hearts of ramos and tectonic break for all you're worth.

Okay, if you use kyren toy, I shouldn't even be talking to you, unless your making a deck for fun that doesnt ever work. Which this looks like. Kyren toy should never be used in a real deck.

P

plaguelord2000

ok buddy, your fucking stupid. you dont check on Pro tours much do you. this is a almost copy of the deck adrian saliven used at a pro tour tourny. i saw a freind of mine play the exact copy of it and win a tourny with it. second this isnt strick T2 is more MBC. alot of people are droping the urza crap and priparing for the new T2 enviroment were there isnt any urza. next i was inplieing that you were tapped out when i slide and if you wernt i would slide for 6 and trash all the cards on the board. your deck is a shity change of ponza, you need to think of a long game and not depend on the land destruction. you play me with a MBC deck and ill thrash you. i didnt give you anyshit about your deck any ways i told you what i think and said there both good decks. so you can just suck my dick if you dont like the critasizem you little bitch. dont talk about my deck if your going just slam it. so you can just fuck off. to every one who reads this letter sorry for the langue, i just want evry one to know what kind of a dick fuck thrash golem is.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<BUZZZZZZZ>

Sorry, plaguelord2K, clean up that post or DELETE IT! There's no acceptable excuse to use language like that... either PM him if you have a problem with his advice/comments or post a clean post.

T

Thrash Golem

um chill out plaguelord. i know ur not tough. im not impressed.

you'd be surprised how good my deck does. and i don't care who played that deck where, I could beat it. you lack removal. tectonic breaks arent sufficient.

oh im the idiot am i now? you're so smart and deck savvy for copying a deck exactly, but im so stupid for making my own deck.

if i was tapped out and ur cat didnt die, i would use seal of fire. DUH.. thats one of the things i said.

and slam it, suck your dick, fuck off? i don't think so.. you didnt even spell criticism right.

oh i entered this deck in the secret tournament nobody knows about and beat jon finkel's winning deck in 10000 straight games.

You're NOT intimidating. you didnt scare me, im not offended, ur just getting urself bad karma with CPA dudes.

i was actually kinda laughing when i read this. its not a change of ponza, its a deck that clears the way for brawlers. notice no ports, no dust bowls. too slow.

and if you dont give a expletive deleted about my deck, why do you insist on commenting on it?

flowstone slide isn't that great. kyren toy is less great still. best red removal is tectonic break. either that or earthquake.

oh yeah, i play my mbc deck, you play your deck with 40 dual lands, 4 of each avatar and all the moxes right?

n

ewb

ie

cough

D

Duel

I agree.

Plaguelord, you're getting a little arrogant here. The deck just isn't all that good, and not all that creative either.

And red removal is not great. Brawlers are decent, but not fantastic.

"Boom, boom, boom. Red is SO dumb!"

P

plaguelord2000

ok i was a little over sensitive. i appoligues for that. and i didnt copy the deck exactly in fact it was realy different from the one adrian sulliven played. the reason i didnt have dust bowl or port in is that it is outlawed for the next upcoming T2, and i didnt have any. red is dessent mine wasnt hung up on removal. i tryed my red deck and it wasnt as great as i thought, it wasnt becouse of the toys it was becouse i was trying to do to many things at once,
( tap out, land destruction, control) thats why it didnt work.all i have to say is im sorry for how i reacted. all i ask from thrash golem is to not be so out and out critasizing about a red deck that isnt like his. to all the CPA people who read my post that was inaproppriete i appoligize ill watch what i say. to thrash golem i also appoligize for the thing i called him.

G

Gizmo

What do you mean Port and Bowl are 'outlawed'?
They aren`t banned, and nor will they be.

Isn`t it a little silly to argue over whose dekc beats whose? Isn`t it more important to decide which deck is better against the overall field?

PS. Plaguelord, I`d argue with almost every card in your deck. And I`d win.

[Edited by Gizmo on September 7th, 2000 at 05:56 PM]

T

Thrash Golem

I agree, with the exception of tectonic break, cave in, two headed dragon, and squee, red is the worst color in masques block.

Blue is by far the best in MBC in my opinion