March 7, 2022 B&R Announcement

Ferret

Staff member
Well, it's about time! Lurrus has been the cause of many a loss for me due to the fact that it practically sets up a lock situation for my opponents and just lets them sit back and do whatever they want...usually the cause of an insta-concede for me...

Not a fan of Companion in general but I think it's more or less fine Lurrus was legal, at least after the nerf. But it's fine it's gone too since it was ubiquitous but it wasn't really integral for a lot of decks it was just free to play like in Burn. I guess I'm a bit ambivalent. But I've seen a lot of really bad takes like "now I can play 3+ mana cards" which is really similar to "Grief is OP and is going to take over the format!" and "Jace, BBE and SFM are going to break Modern after being unbanned!" ... that's just not gonna happen. Those (3CMC cards) just didn't age very well.

I'm OK with them getting rid of it in Pioneer too because people are sick of it so I guess it's a free win there though I don't play the format.

I like the Pauper bans too. Storm/Affinity were still pretty silly so this should bring them down a notch.

Ferret

Staff member
Yeah, I never really liked Companion - except for a few years back with a Deathtouch deck that I had that did pretty well...but, to be honest I'm not exactly playing these days, so my opinions are only based upon how things were before I quit...