M:tgo ?

R

rkoelsch

WickedBoy, I wasn't trying to convince you to play MTGO. I just wanted to point out there was an issue if you were playing seriously. I think MTGO and apprentice can co exist. They both serve a purpose and it is up to the user to determine what they expect from the tool. I used to play apprentice too. But I enjoy limited environment and don't have a place to play locally. So I no longer spend money on physical cards and instead spend that money on MTGO. So the cost is inconsequential compared to the interface. It is just so much easier to play MTGO than apprentice. It allows me to enjoy the game more. Good luck and enjoy Apprentice. Like I said it is a good tool.

T

theorgg

Backwash lets you do ANYTHING.

I repeat: ANYTHING.

What does that mean? If they're using it, they can rearrange your library at will, see everything you do that is suppose to be hidden, and TONS of other stuff that I forget.

There was an article about it on starcitygames.com at one point, and E-leage got SOOOO pissed off about it... It killed the few's methods of getting free cards off the tournaments.

T

theorgg

Nope. The only way you can catch it is if you get the person to put a virus on their computer that takes a screenshot of their monitor once in every minute at random. Most people don't want that, because its hard to uninstall and can be turned on by the person controlling it at will.

It also, if playing a one-on-one game, would show the hand of the opponent... so it wouldn't work too well there, either.

Apprintice is for gentlemanly fun only now.

Sadly.

And it doesn't support over 100 cards, either... :{ (

W

WickedBoy6

rkoelsch, I understand. I was just pointing out that Apprentice works for me, being on a limited budget and cannot concievably spend money on an online version of Magic when I can't even support the real-life addiction to Magic I have. I AM interested in playing M:tgO, mainly because I like limited environments, I just don't have the resources.

theorgg, it's sad that people have to resort to Backwash to play Apprentice. I kind of find it vindictive, though, when you think about it. They're so poor at the game, they have to alter it so much to attain a victory. I DO hate how you can't play decks over 100 cards. I wanted to build a 1,000 card deck once when I heard of Thoughtlash, Diminishing Returns, and all of those nice cards when Alliances came out.

BTW, train, about DCI using rules...

*chomp*

...it was news to me, too. :D