M:TG = Spiderman vs. Train

T

train

Bolting the insect - put krosan tusker into play using hunting gounds... Done with my turn...

Spidey:
In Play: Mt(T), Swamp(T), Swamp(T), Swamp(T), Swamp, B.lands, B.lands.
Cards in Hand: 4
Graveyard: Diabolic Edict, Rain of Tears, Pillage, Choking Sands, Lightning Bolt, Energizer, Shivan Hellkite, Diabolic Edict, Choking Sands, Bolt
Removed from game: Mishra's Factory, Mishra's Factory
Life: 1???

train:

In Play: Forest(T), Forest(T), Forest(T), Forest, Forest, Plains, Plains(T), Plains(T), Plains, Plains, Hunting Grounds, Tusker(T), Tusker
Cards in Hand:1
Graveyard:Krosan Verge, Plains, Plains, Riftstone Portal, Genesis, Broodhatch Nantuko, Circle of Solace, Akroma's Vengeance, Anurid Brushhopper, Oblation, Tusker, Riftstone, Vengeful Dreams, Brushlands
Removed From Game:
Life: 6

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, Draw, Concede...

Good game! I can see my deck isn't ready for the new sets yet (I built it around Urza's Block...

B

BigBlue

Does it have discard to go with the LD?

You might think they are counterintuitive, but I had an old RB LD/DC deck which did fairly well...

It wouldn't have helped against the Genesis much... But it may have helped.

Once you get em down in their hand, it really helps, and curbs those who hold their lands until they can cast something.

T

train

Good game Spidey...

Sorry... As you could tell... I have more spells than most creature decks and sifters than creatures... I play a lot of utility...

That would be the only neat thing about playing against land destruct.. I want threshold...

I'll finish my B/W deck and we can play again if you like...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it was really Genesis which was the key card. It brought back the Broodhatch which provided blockers for two rounds and more cards to discard to Vengeful Dreams. I had train down to 0 cards to that point, but being able to recycle them helped alot.

of course, Akroma's Vengeance helped too :)

We could do a "sideboard" if you want. I do have another deck in mind but I want to look it over; it was Standard during the Urza's block and there are echo creatures I now want to take out and put other cards back in that I couldn't use when I was trying to make it Standard.

We might be able to play on Thursday; the first three days of this week is bad because of a spike of work :)

T

train

Raincheck for Monday?...

I'll be out of town starting Thurs... and will be back at work next monday...

I'll proably just tweak the deck I have...

The B/W one I'm working on is for this coming states tourney...

If Monday is good... you have the option to play first or draw first...:D :cool:

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Do you guys mind if I join in? I've been itching to show off my white deck, but couldn't because we choose tribal format in the other game.

T

train

I could play you one on one since Spidey's off today... your call...