Lorwyn Previews

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Okay, the first official previews are up.

Gaddock Teeg

Timber Protector

The Timber Protector seems cool, but Gaddock Teeg is a weenie deck's dream. No more spells or cc4 or greater AND no X spells!?! Holy schnikies!!!!!!!

Also, the following clues:

* the next evolution of a popular cycle from Mirage
* a 10/2 creature for 3 R (okay, there might be another cost)
* a green enchantment that can keep the 10/2 from hurting you
* a cycle of creatures that lets you use a resource first seen in Unglued
* a card that makes all your Treefolk indestructible (I know you already know it; it's still cool)
* a white answer for any bothersome nonland permanent
* a Shapeshifter lord
* an artifact that lets you play spells for free
* lands that provide two colors of mana and can come into play untapped
* and a card that finally cares about Goats

GO GOATS!!!!!!

EDIT: Oh yeah. In addition to Planeswalker and Tribal being new types, there are five new keywords. :mad:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I like both cards, but if you can't stop a two-drop creature without using an X-spell or something that cost more than three mana, you probably deserved to lose anyway. Not that there aren't exceptions or ways to protect him, which is what will make Gaddock Teeg viable, but I tend to prefer cards that create stronger lockdowns.

T

train

kithkin sound like slivers... will have to see...

Now with the timber protector - I hope Armageddon comes back!... (I know - it won't...)

T

train

So in looking at the previews, there's going to be the following:

4 pictures of plains (nothing new)
Goldmeadow Harrier - a Kithkin
Merrow Harbinger - a Merrow
Treefolk Harbinger - Treefolk
Sunrise Soereign - Giant
Incandescent Soulstoke - Flamekin
Oonas Prowler - Oonas
Facevaulter - Boggart
Naths Elite - Elves
(Most likely a Nath...)

Planeswalkers are:
Garruk
Jace
Liliana
Ajani
Chandra

tribal and planesalker are now card types...

mucho interesting...

N

Notepad

Two of the new keywords are Champion, and the shapeshifter ability. So, two down on just random critter abilities.

Killer Joe

train said:
kithkin sound like slivers... will have to see...

Now with the timber protector - I hope Armageddon comes back!... (I know - it won't...)
Armageddon IS back, in fact, it never left your kitchen table :D ;)

T

train

"You were right KJ - it was under the Salt-Shaker..." :cool:

I think it could run in a faster format...

"The power of the grinning ignus, is still unfathomed!..."

T

train

On the rings of brighthearth, he ends with sleeve up your stifles... think he doesn't realize that stifle wouldn't stop you from resolving either the original or copy?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
train said:
On the rings of brighthearth, he ends with sleeve up your stifles... think he doesn't realize that stifle wouldn't stop you from resolving either the original or copy?
Why not?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
train said:
If I understand correctly, Stifle could stop the original, but not any copies OR it could stop the triggered ability of the Rings, but then not stop the original (unless you use two Stifles). Still, it looks like this could be very good.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oversoul said:
If I understand correctly, Stifle could stop the original, but not any copies OR it could stop the triggered ability of the Rings, but then not stop the original (unless you use two Stifles). Still, it looks like this could be very good.
Of course Stifle only has 1 target, so it's either/or, not both/none.
They way it was worded, It sounded like neither.