Life sucks and I want to die

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FoundationOfRancor

They got it. Im still in HS but imnot as intelligent as all of you:) so i still have to study. I barely bother with books. I call my friends and ask them to explain it. Then I cruise the book and see if they missed anyhting. Then i explain it to my parents 9That helps alot) and im done. and dont steal a bike....

D

Dune Echo

Do I have to put Tag Guard for something as serious as this?

Yeah, Mary-Jo-Wanna does not help. So far, these people are making sense and I would follow their advice. And Ramen Noodles are very staple foods for the cheap. (You get bored of them fast though.)

It sounds like you maybe working too hard on your studies. It doesn't hurt to go for a walk in a park or something to take your mind off something. You can stuff your brain all you want, but if you're not refreshed every once in a while, you're not going to remember anything. It sounds stupid, but flash card facts can really help! I just took a Certification test to get my Network+ and I used flash cards to learn with protocols are connectionless and all kinds of other small tidbits I really needed to remember.

And as much as you need to study, you need to sleep. Make sure you get as close to 8 hours before any tests (yes, I know that's nearly impossible because you are forced to cram, but if you can get up before a test, eat something and study just a little bit to get a refresher, you'll remember so much more instead of thinking just how much the blank side of your test sheet reminds you of a pillow. Also, carbohydrates are much better for the body with little to no sleep compared to more caffeine. Caffeine makes you jittery and hard to concentrate. Carbohydrates are better on the body and makes coming down from lack of sleep much easier.

G

Griffith_se

Dune,

Got you covered. Although I think when you wrote " Do I really need tag gaurd" You covered yourself. :)

[me][/me]

[Edited by Griffith_se on May 2nd, 2000 at 03:15 PM]

D

Dune Echo

Thanks, TAG GUARD, I was just TAG GUARD trying to be funny TAG GUARD about the TAG GUARD thing.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Tag Guard

Almindhra: Is your comment about getting a sense of humor referring to arhar's situation or the tag game?

A

Almindhra

Yeah, I find it soo funny that someone wants to kill himself...

No!...Of course not!...I'm talking about the tag guard

T

theorgg

I knew a kid that was so smart he didn't need to study.

He's still in High School, but the illegal drugs have done him in.

He's failing.
he has hardly any friends anymore.
he has lost interest in anything except what drug he is taking.
he believes that horrible things caused by drugs are funny.
he truly believes that everyone does it, despite evidence to the contrary.
and the worst of all--we have nothing in common anymore. he use to be my best friend since kindergarten.
:_{(

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Multani smashes theorgg into the ground turning him into an orgg pancake with his trusty treetrunk.

Sorry theorgg, your dead. :D
Ah. (sigh). Finally, 1st kill :)

"To make peace with the forest, make peace with me."
_-Multani to Urza

I

Istanbul

Pie is good.
I like pie.
There's cherry pie, and blueberry pie, and apple pie.
But my favorite kind of pie is pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin pie is very good.
My mom makes good pumpkin pie.
You should have some pumpkin pie.
I've never wanted to die after eating pie.
Especially pumpkin pie.
Pie is good.

C

Chaos Turtle

Hey Orgg, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It is sad to see someone lose control of his life to anything, drugs included.

Multani...you are twisted and evil...

Istanbul! I also like pumpkin pie. Tell your mom to send me a pie. I will be her friend if she does. Yours too, for hookin' me up with the pie.

:biggrin:

L

linsivvi

I know its not easy, but LAY OFF THE WEED! Its not going to be easy and quick but you have to do it. If you keep doing it it is not just your collage life that may be ruined, its yor entire life. I know 2 people that have died from doing it. You might also want to try going to the anonymos help groups. As other people have said, ramen noodles are like 8 packs for a buck, that is like 4 days of meals for one dollar. An easy way to make money is to, if you have them, sell some of your cards on-line at yahoo or ebay. If there is anyhting I can do or you want to talk to someone e-mail me at tallertwin@aol.com.
Jason

C

Chaos Turtle

You know two people who died from doing weed? I don't think so. Coke, maybe. Heroin, sure. Meth, even. But weed? Sorry, not possible.

(DISCLAIMER: Just because the Chaos Turtle knows better than to think that people can die from weed -- in fact, no one has ever overdosed on it -- he does not encourage weed use by anyone, especially kids. He just wants people to have the facts, not propaganda.)

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Hehe, CT, two questions:
1. How many disclaimers have you written for the boards/articles? :)

2. Can I change your nick to "Master of vB Codes"? Seeing that you use them so often :eek: :p

C

Chaos Turtle

Well...
I don't know for sure...I just want to avoid causing trouble is all...don't want the kids or their moms and dads to get all crazy thinking that I am endorsing a lifestyle (which I may or may not choos fro myself).

Technically, you can do whatever you want to my nickname ;)
I totally dig formatting, which by the way is why I asked about sending articles in pre-formatted since the vB codes don't seem to work in the submissions. Of course, making the submissions page vB compatible or even html-active would accomplish the same purpose. No big deal, though, I'll work with what I have.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Well, CT, you'll be glad to know that I've been redoing the article/news systems to PHP (much faster and easier to use for me. Not to mention a good programming exercise). They're almost ready I think. Just going over my code with a fine tooth comb.

Oh, why would you be happy about this? They support all vB code.

And BTW, you can put HTML in artcles with the 'old' (current) system -- that's how Tom gets the italics and bold. <i>...</i> and <b>...</b> respectively.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Oh, and as per arhar's request, I'm closing this thread. If you want to continue one of the offshoots, just start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.