Leveler + Shared Fate....combo help

T

train

Brainstorm is cheaper - but you may have to put crap on top of your deck - impulse puts 1 into your hand, but if you draw three good cards - 2 are going on the bottom of your library...

T

Tabasco

I personally would run Brainstorms, and I would like StP's however maybe a Wrath or 2 wouldn't hurt.

I do like the idea of throwing in the Scepter and Mystical Tutor sounds great both before and after the combo goes off. Disenchant here is also a great option as I wouldn't want anything like Whispersilk hanging around. I also thoought of the Idea of splashing black for a couple universal tutors (Demonic and Vampiric)

I was also debateing about how many artifact cards I would run in this deck....I like Thirst for Knowledge, but since It costs less to play should I use Accumulated Knowledge instead?

I also toyed with the fact of throwing in an Eater of Days....because after the combo they can only twiddle their thumbs for 2 turns when he pops out. I could also Stifle his CIP ability.

So the deck would be...U/W/b and I like Gemstone Mines or Mirrodin's Core to help with the mana of any color department.

Deck so far...

4 Brainstrom
4 Counterspell
4 Mana Leak
4 Stifle
R Mystical Tutor
R Enlightened Tutor
R Sol Ring
1 Eater of Days ??
4 Shared Fate
4 Leveler
2 Isochron Scepter
4 Fabricate
4 Acc Knowl or Thirst for Knowl
2 Talisman of Progress

Some tweakig with the deck still needs to be done to fit mre white in (Stp.and Wraths) and Black Vampiric and Demonic Tutors)

Maybe 4 Cunning wish and Take some draw out (put in
sideboard?)

Lands?

4 Gemstone Mines
4 Reflecting Pool....cause I like it and it works like a mine If one is in play.
8 Islands?
4 Caves of Koilos?

Help me sort out these ideas!!!

T

Tabasco

I have pain lands, but not the classic duals that started it all...

T

train

The invasion lair lands - they help you recycle the gemstones...

I think your looking for dromar's lair maybe?...

T

train

Well - I know they're planeshift... but I intended it as invasion block...;) :cool:

I should've just said planeshift though...:rolleyes:

:cool:

T

Tabasco

I AM currently running a deck mostly composed of draw with a little control and the combo...

Looks like:

• 4 Accumulated Knowledge
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Fabricate
    4 Counterspell
    4 Seal of Removal
    3 Mana Leak
    4 Rhystic Study
    4 Leveler
    4 Shared Fate
    R Enlightened Tutor
    4 Stifle
    1 Eater of Days

4 Adakar Wastes
    14 Island
    2 Plains
I am doing pretty well with this build, however I would like to add some speed. I am most definitely going to add a Sol Ring, but how else to speed it up. I will stay with this mana build, because (1), I will get their mana when I draw from their deck, and (2) I can use my card draw and searching to find smurfy secrets in their deck as well.

Today at Lunch I killed this kid with a Leveler sitting in play, and a horde of their smurfy creatures.

And...the day before I faced a White Weenie-Equip deck that gave me a Nourok Hoversail that I drew and a Volshok Morningstar that I retrieved from the library with Fabricate.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I stand by what I said before...

"I don't know your strategy here, but I'd bet that things like Mana Vault, Grim Monolith, Sol Ring, Mana Crypt (if you can get that one), Thran Dynamo, City of Traitors, Ancient Tomb, Saprazzan Skerry, etc. would be good to have."

Well, I guess I now know your strategy though...

Still, it looks to me like you're using up 6 land slots on a single spell slot...

Enlightened Tutor is good, but that just looks too much like a weakness to me...

Then again, I guess having blue mana isn't too terribly important as long as you have at least one available. Still...