4 Leveler
4 Shared Fate
4 Stifle
1 Enlightened Tutor
4 Fabricate

I need some other opinions on this.....any help would be appricated...thnx

D

DeathMaster666

You can try Obstinate Familiar so that you don't lose from having Leveler in play. Also, you could run Wishes to get stuff back from your removed library.
You could try Oath of Druids against aggro decks.
For blue discard try Amnesia to get rid of their hand before you cast Leveler.
Try Evacuation to get cards into their hand before Amnesia.
Make sure to have a lot of counterspells as well.

Just a few random ideas.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Why? Why? Oh why?

There are cheaper decks to build that are just as bad, some are even worse...

I cite Snowfall...

T

Tabasco

Maybe you guys don't get it......Shared Fate lets me still use my library as though it were in my hand, and my opponets doesn't get a draw....

4U
Shared Fate

Enchantment

If a player would draw a card, he or she removes the top card of his or her library from the game instead.

Each player may look at and play cards that he or she removed from the game with Shared fate as though they were in his or her hand.

Leveler

Artifact Creature

When Leveler comes into play, remove your library from the game.

10/10

You get a 10/10 for five mana, they have no draw step......how is this bad?

Please post helpful critisism please.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Sorry, I knew that I wasn't being clear when I said that, but I didn't correct it, for some reason...

I know how this combo works. I've seen it in action. I've played against it too. I just see it as a bit of a waste. I don't see any way to make it a truly effective combo. I guess that I just can't take Leveler seriously, for some reason...

So I guess that would make it a waste of Shared Fate? Not sure really...

Anyway, to be more serious, do tell me if you actually do well with this. I don't mind being proven wrong. But I still find Leveler to be a bit of a joke...

Is the Enlightened Tutor count so low because this is a Type I deck? If not, I would definitely boost that, as it obviously fetches Shared Fate or Leveler...

Since both cards cost so much, you're going to want some cool mana acceleration, or something to slow the game down heavily. I don't know your strategy here, but I'd bet that things like Mana Vault, Grim Monolith, Sol Ring, Mana Crypt (if you can get that one), Thran Dynamo, City of Traitors, Ancient Tomb, Saprazzan Skerry, etc. would be good to have.

And then of course there's countermagic. You already have Stifle, which I suppose could support either of your combo pieces as well as supporting or negating several cards. Predictably Force of Will works nicely here too. You might as well throw in Counterspell too. Other possible candidates include Arcane Denial, Foil, Force Spike, Mana Leak, Mana Drain (I wish), and the other usuals. I personally tend to use Boomerang as well in many decks, in order to remove cards I was unable to counter, but that depends on your preference. Memory Lapse might be fun, if you want to steal a spell from them, so to speak, but that might not be a practical choice. The goals of countermagic will primarily be to thwart opposing strategies in order to achieve the combo, then to protect Shared Fate. If we can squeeze in enough cheap countermagic that we can also abrogate opposing counterspells, that's cool too...

Card drawing will obviously be important in a blue-heavy build. I'd say that for this deck it should be applied liberally. You don't care about the effect on your deck, because if your combo goes off, you won't have a library anyway, so the amount of it that goes to the graveyard or is removed from the game matters not. Stuff that can target other players is cool too, because that allows you to increase the potency of Shared Fate...

But there's no need for overkill. Anyway, what colors are going with, because you haven't made that clear yet. You seem to want to include some white, so I'm already considering how cool Abeyance would be. But the color scheme has important effects on the composition of card-drawing and countermagic in the deck...

T

train

I may be reading this wrong but the assumption on the combo seems incorrect...

you do not get to use the cards removed with Leveler, through shared fate's ability...

Shared Fate - Enchantment
-If a player would draw a card, he or she removes the top card of his or her library from the game instead.
-Each player may look at and play cards that he or she removed from the game with Shared fate as though they were in his or her hand.

Now if you're stifling the leveler's remove library ability, it leaves your library in play - but I'm missing how the opponent loses their draw step - the step is there, the action is modified, and they can still play the card as though it was their hand... you just know what it is...;)

T

Tabasco

You have Leveler and Shared Fate in play...

You remove the top card of their library from the game.

They remove the top card of your library from the game (but they can't).

You use their cards, but they cannot use yours.

So thus their supposed draw (from your library) give them nothing to play, while you can play cards from their library as though they were in you hand.

Does this make sense to Anyone??

T

train

Where are you getting that you would remove their top of library...

"If a player would draw a card, he or she removes the top card of his or her library from the game instead"

Unless you mis-stated it previously- I'm just missing this...

nevermind - I looked it up, and wherever you copied that from was not right...

"If a player would draw a card, that player removes the top card of an opponent's library from the game face down instead. Each player may look at and play cards he or she removed from the game with Shared Fate as though they were in his or her hand."

okay - got it completely now...

You'll need something to produce mana of any color... just in case...;)

T

Tabasco

Yes I accually have the card and when I read it, I typed it differently for some reason....my bad sorry for the confusion.....now onto a strategy...

Mana of different color....I always liked Gemstone Mine + Reflecting Pool....Mirrodin's Core would work too!

T

train

Well - looking at the mine, and pool - you're definitely looking for something casual... so you can run a dual-color deck(U/G), with Hall of Gemstones, and be able to play anything...;)

Of course - you can look at Birds, City of Brass, Mirrodin's core, Reflecting Pool - Undiscovered Paradise, etc...

There's also diamonds to produce colored mana...;)

The theme of the deck has to get this out quickly... if you have them Eureka would work wonders - and save you some mana cost...

Otherwise - Elvish Piper can save you some mana...

If you get a lock - Upwelling might work wonders...;)

There's a lot of possibilities, and unfortunately I don't know your exact play style...:rolleyes:

(you could even dream halls, cromat/sliver queen/sliver overlord...)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, if you're planning on a multicolored deck...

White offers...

Enlightened Tutor, artifact/enchantment destruction for removing obstacles, Abeyance (and other cool bombs like Balance and Academy Rector) and defensive (stalling) measures if you want to go that route...

Blue...

card drawing, countermagic, Shared Fate (obviously), other fun stuff (maybe Copy Artifact on Leveler), and power cards like Tinker...

Black...

tutors could be nice (Demonic, Vampiric, Consultation, etc.), Dark Ritual or other mana accleration, hand disruption like Hymn to Tourach or Duress, possible evasion abilities if you want to go that route, creature killing, some cool enchantments (Necropotence sounds like it would not work here, but you never know, and there are others), and graveyard manipulation...

Red...

Not much for this color here, maybe giving Leveler haste and the occasional individual power card, but not too much...

Green...

Regrowth type cards, mana acceleration, multicolored mana production if necessary...

And there are some cool gold cards too, but looking at these, I'd recommend either a blue deck with some color splashes, a mono-blue build (the most common variant I've seen), a blue/white/black deck (which could be cool too), or a 5-color deck, using green to facilitate the inclusion of most of the others, as is common, and still carrying heavy amounts of blue...

T

train

We got that...

The point is to remove your library from the game... so when you would draw - you remove the top card of the opponent's library etc... and they would remove yours and be able to play it - but since your library is not there - they don't remove anything, and thus can't play anything...;)

R

Reverend Love

Tutors like:

Enlightend Tutor
Wild Research
Fabricate
Tinker
Reshape

Because your deck is a two card combo, setting up the combo through tutors or draw is critical. You might also want to splash a few easy counters like:

Arcane Denial
Mana Leak
Force Spike

To save your Shared Fate from a lucky Naturalize or Disenchant.

T

Tabasco

4 Fabricate
4 Shared Fate
4 Leveler
R Tinker
R Sol Ring
R Enlightened Tutor
4 Mana Leak

still thinking...

R

Reverend Love

Maybe some draw and bounce..or better yet combine the two.

Repulse
Chain of Vapor (I know not bounce)
etc.

Or super efficient removal like:

Swords to Plowshares
Chastise (one of my favs)
Path of Peace

StP and Path works here because you honestly don't care about their life total. StP works in a format currently running rampant with Indestructible, Path isn't bad either.

In other words some cards to keep the Barbarians at the Gates from coming in and hurt'n ya before the combo goes off.

T

Tabasco

My favorite bounce is Rushing River...and Seal of removal is nice too...and who can forget the good ol' rang...UU to bounce anything is broken....almost like counterspell..

lol

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Okay, the little "R" signs next to the cards that are restricted in Type I mean that you're building a Type I deck here. Let's see...

Well, so far it's only one white card in the entire deck, albeit a reall good one. Are you going blue/white here then? How blue heavy will this thing be?

T

train

Brainstorm...

and with the counter power - you might as well run wraths instead of swords... it'll pick more off the table...

you could mystical tutor for your draw spells...

and sticking one of those on an isochron scepter can break the game wide open... - just think - once you played shared fate - and you have a draw spell on the scepter - you basically begin milling their deck...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Brainstorm over Impulse though? I'm not trying to promote the one over the other myself. I'm just curious as to which one would be better for this deck...

The same goes for Merchant Scroll as opposed to Mystical Tutor, depending on how many of the draw spells are instants and how blue-heavy the deck is...