Legions

T

train

Banishing came out in Ice Age...
;)
So Ferret probably has some somewhere... unless they're being used for dropping mats in a cage...:p

They're still usable in that case... The only time I wouldn't use them is if a nephew got ahold of them!!!...:eek: :p

T

train

If only we could go back to those days when lotuses were traded 5 to 1 for Shivans...

That would be cool!...:cool:

Ferret

Staff member
Oh sure, I remember Dark Banishing - I've got a bunch w/ lots of different artwork. They partially helped Black's anti-artifact problem - there never really was a good card for eliminating artifacts at the time (although, Artifact Possession was alwasy fun to play).

-Ferret

"...later on Swat, would make a nice cheap black death card"

T

train

Artifact posession... I always thought that little purple demon was cool...

N

Nightstalkers

this is not a fake or made up card so don't say anything slinger!

Hunter Sliver 1R
Creature-Sliver
All slivers have porvoke. (when a sliver attacks, its controller may have target creature defending player controls untap and block it if able.)
1/1

Oh, its common for you collectors.

What can we say it was free and there are a lot of us...

Hunter slivers in possesion: 134

we will try to scan it and post the pic next time around folks...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I actually have some Artifact Possessions that I picked up when a store near me (way back when) had a bunch of cards of the "earlier" expansions (pre-current back then, which was Fallen Empires) for sale. I've never used them though... always put in Nev's Disk at least instead.

T

train

Double strike is going to bring up some serious rules questions... that and morph would be nasty!...

Ferret

Staff member
Since I don't own a Nev's Disk I was always at an a major disadvantage. My usual alternative was putting in four Icy Manipulators. They had a thousand and one uses back then...

...nowdays, they have two.

-Ferret

"Ha! I tap your blocker and your Coat!"
"Okay? Is that supposed to do something?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Heh, I had to wait until Ice Age to get those. And there was such a hue and cry when it was revealed that they were going to be in the set but once they were out, they didn't have a lot of impact, gameplay-wise :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Usually a sign of a new player, unless they had some master strategy in mind like forcing the opponent to use the Icy before they were ready... (or they didn't have the mana to use it before it got tapped). :)

T

train

It was usually done for the second reason you mentioned... But I did see it for the 3rd...

That was back in the day of cumulative upkeeps and what-nots...

Splintering Wind anyone???

Alter Reality???

T

train

Nice pic...

It is 2-headed right?...

Mutant slivers shall invade the world...

E

EricBess

Originally posted by train
I remember the "I use my icy to tap your icy...":rolleyes:
Actually, Spidey, this is a very valid play. Tap your opp's Icy at the end of their turn so that anything they tap in response will untap on your turn anyway. If they want to do something like, tap your creature and attack, they have to do it all on their turn.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't thinking about that kind of play from the flow of conversation that had originated that turn of discussion. It just seemed to be near the beginning of a turn (upkeep) or main phase type plays.

T

train

That was also during the Frenetic Efreet's flip until I phase reign...

N

Nightstalkers

If they bring back any more stupid Jinns we will sunder this world worse than before!

Erhnham was just too stupid! Uncommon to a Rare!!!