Legions

C

Captain Caveman

Are you looking forward to the release of Legions?

If the rumors are true then its going to be all creatures. That
sounds great to me. We should get a lot of Tribal dudes.
Of course, I'm very much into the whole Tribal theme so nothing
could make me happier. I wonder if we'll get: Slivers, Spikes,
shadow Clerics, Rebels and Kavu. Or will it just creatures that
support the Onslaught themes?

I think its a great time to be a casual/theme player right now.
That probably upsets a lot of tournament players but they
always seem to find good tournament decks within each new
card pool. I'm pretty sure Legions won't change that fact.

Caveman,
Your local Tribe supporter.

Ferret

Staff member
Well, it wouldn't surprise me if the Pro Tour players found ways to do psychotic things w/ critters to give themself infinite turns, life points, cards, creatures, et nauseum...

-Ferret

"...now, if it will only get them lives..."

T

train

Actually, before legions, there is already the infinite mana cycle in standard...

Anyhow...

If Legions is all creatures... they'll be perfect decks for sealed play!!!...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Someone said before they wouldn't like it if Slivers came back because of how much of a force they were before, but I don't think that would be an issue. After all, Fluctuator is still in Extended but it isn't really much stronger than it was before because there aren't many cards in Onslaught with cycling 2. They could fix slivers too.
All I ask is that they not bring shadow back. That's too hard to fix without making the creatures involved bad combat choices, in which case they don't get played.

I hope Legions is all creature, and then that Scourge has fewer creatures. That would really be interesting (and blue would get shafted in Legions, which is what it needs right now).

C

Captain Caveman

I really doubt that we'll get shadow clerics, Rebels, or Kavu
back. It would be rather interesting if the Slivers return. Since
the image on Riptide Replicator looks something like a Sliver
that "could" indicate we'll get them back. Maybe Ixidor calls
up a bunch of Sliver Illusions.

:)

T

train

Blue needed to be forever hosed when 3 things were created...
Time Walk
Timetwister
Ancestral Recall...

It's the only color in the Power Nine for Garfield's sake!!!...:eek:

N

Nightstalkers

peating? ha ha ha...

well now we seem to be forgetting someone here...

US!!!

We say to attack WotC untill they put some of us in this Leeches set that they have planned!

Leeches? Legions would be great with some of our stronger bretheren in there!

Have a joyous holiday season. Mu-ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! :D

Z

Zadok001

I'm hoping to see even more depth added onto the Cycling mechanic. Onslaught got it started, and I want to see more. Cycling was a great mechanic from day 1, but it got horribly underplayed in the Saga block - Allowing for different cycling costs, built-in cycling effects, and cycling triggers makes it my all-time favorite mechanic.

I

Istanbul

I just have one request.
Expunge.
Bring back Expunge.
It was SUCH a good card! A slightly overcosted Terror if you needed it, but easily cycled if you didn't. It's the kind of removal black should always have...

C

Chaos Turtle

Expunge is AWESOME in all-commons. (How many common artifact creatures do you know about?)

T

train

Ornithopter giant growthed and holy and unholy strengthed was not cool to be in front of...

Then the bloodlusted the sucker!!!... dang 4-color dekcs...

Ferret

Staff member
How is this for a sick combo:

Turn one:
Plains; Ornithopter

Turn two:
Island; Unstable Mutation
attack for four.

Turn Three:
Swamp; Unstable Mutation; Unholy Strength
attack for eight.

Turn Three:
no land; ANOTHER UNSTABLE MUTATION
attack for nine. I DIE!!!

It actually happened.

-Ferret

"...never underestimate the power of a 0/2 flyer for no mana..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So in three turns you need a Shatter, Swords, Unsummon, or Disenchant (or Fog, but that just delays the inevitable). I guess Black is just screwed.

I'm thinking of when you played and what sets were out then...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Well, there haven't been new common artifact creatures since the days of Manakin, and ... Metallic Sliver. (speaking of which...)

Well, they reprinted Lay Waste; they should be able to reprint a bunch of the cycling cards. After all we aren't going to get echo this block, but we can get cycling. So no Bone Shredder or anything like that to look forward to, but in its place maybe reprints of the better cycling spells.

Oh well. We can be safe in the knowledge that the answer is already locked into place and it's too late for them to change their minds if they want to. :rolleyes: :D.
(They aren't going to print it in an all-creature set though. ;))

I hope they reprint Vebulid.

Black had a solution in Alpha for that: Will-o'-the'Wisp.
If only they still printed the cute little buggers.

T

train

Maze of Ith would do it also... then the thopter would die to the unstable mutation...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Will O-Wisp is a good idea for black.

I don't know if Ferret was playing when Dark Banishing came out; that was Tempest so around '98? 99?

Maze of Ith probably was too hot a card (and not really a common although Will O Wisp wasn't either) back then to be commonly used. But it's a solution, true...